Looking after yourself

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
in France vaccination is done in 5 phases :
phase 1 : the elderly and professionals working close to the elderly (due to the limited number of doses at the beginning)
phase 2 : people over 75 years of age, then people aged 65-74 with co-morbidities, then other people aged 65-74. Then, health and medico-social professionals over 50 years of age and/or with comorbidities
phase 3 : all persons over 50 years old or under 50 years old with co-morbidities
phase 4 : people who are particularly exposed due to their profession and people in precarious situations
phase 5 : people over 18 years of age without co-morbidities, subject to sufficient doses

The French government has ordered 200 million doses for 67 million French citizens so there should be enough I think 😆
I am part of the 5th phase, so I have time to see the side effects before getting vaccinated 😅

ps : I know it takes 2 doses per person ^^

I think ours is similar except we probably have a level 0 where if you went to Eton, are a complete and utter cockwomble or give to the Conservatives.

I fall into level 2 because I am big boned but have no other factors (don't think arthritis is an issue).

Update: My mum has an appointment for the 28th to get the vaccine.

Last edited:
Ok, some of you know that I’m a grumpy old git so...

Looking at how many people behave and reading reports on the subject vs. advice from health authorities etc. makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with some people. It can’t be ignorance so I assume it’s just a matter of being irresponsible, stupid and not giving a damn about the consequences.

🤯🤬

Reactions: glenwilson
Grumpy old gits rise as we are obviously perfect :angelic: (and have followed the rules). The only thing we have done that may be bending them slightly is travelling out of our area to do some shopping. Mainly so we can buy in bulk and save shopping too often. Do all the hand gel stuff, clean anything we have touched and so on. Clean the door bell if someone touches it and anywhere they may have touched. When shopping keep a distance from everyone and avoid aisles that are too crowded and go back when clear. Yet we so often see the people not doing any distancing, wearing masks below the nose. Idiots will idiot and follow conspiracy theories. Some of the wacky ideas just seem to be so unreal it is difficult to understand how they get traction and people believe them. 🤨

Reactions: General_Misery
Of course we are but I’ve learned to live with it 😁

Just want to add that I sincerely hope that at least 70 per cent of people get the vaccine i.e. sufficient for herd immunity. The goal here in viking land is to have all eligible people vaccinated by June - fingers crossed.

I am on a program for the national statistics
where I get tested for Covid-19 every week. They come to the door and pass us (me and wife) a testing kit. We bring it inside and swab throat and nostrils and then place it in a tube with some fluid in it and seal it.
We then answer some questions (done on the phone)
Have you had any symptoms
Have you been in contact with anyone
Have you been out shopping
Do you smoke
Have you had the vaccine and so on.
This testing gives us peace of mind and the best bit is we actually get paid for this, I would have done it for free (y)

To clarify, I gave the above post an angry not because Riz and wife are being tested but everyone should be tested and this should have been done a long time ago. It is interesting that this is happening and hopefully helps with research. I have never had a test and as I have never had any symptoms never felt the need to get one either as I am sure others need them first. We have always followed the rules*. When shopping, generally once a week, keep out distance, mask up and don't touch anything we don't have to.

*We have shopped at Costco which is further away than necessary but bulk buying of stuff like flour and other bits has meant we haven't had to shop as often locally.

My Mum got her first vaccine jab yesterday. The actual vaccine process was well organised and quick. The appointment process though was a joke. Just before Christmas she got a call saying they would call on the 28th to book an appointment for the vaccine. 28th comes and no phone call. Mum thought it was just because of Christmas. So after New Year she phoned up and was told they tried to phone but no answer. But they made an appointment for yesterday that was to be a local centre about a mile away that she knew, had easy access for her and was easy to park.

Turns out that they tried phoning her mobile number despite phoning the landline the first time. She only ever switches the mobile on if she is going out so never saw the missed call at all.

So on Wednesday she got a phone call to say she still had the appointment but it was in a different location. That location was about 7 miles away. Not only that but the place is a real pig to get to and no parking. So she asked how to get there and it was just 'that is your problem'. The reason it was change was because they delivered it to the wrong place and cannot move it. She ended up having to get a taxi there.

So on Thursday I got a phone call asking if she was still going! I said I assume so. Then they asked if I was taking her at which point I said I was over 400 miles away so no I wasn't. Asked why they phoned me and it was because they tried her home number so I was next on the list. Told my mum and she said that she hadn't got any phone calls. How much time are they wasting.

Mum has been told that the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine will be in about 3 to 12 weeks. Thought it was meant to be done in 3 weeks?

its a chaos everywhere. same here. i know from some collegues with kids, thats they kids had some positive corona cases ( parents from some childs ) in there class, so they whole class should actually have to go into quarantine for 14 days. this was at the end of november. the official writing was arrived in the last dezember week. so just around 4 weeks later and says that the kids had to be instantly going into quarantine for 14 days lol just in time after they all where in school together for 4 weeks after the positive case lol

We got an invitation letter not personally addressed but to the occupier back in September, where they were looking for volunteers for this survey. We thought it could be a good thing to know for sure if we had it or not,
so we filled it in and the testing started early December. Its different now with the lockdown rules but to me it was not only peace of mind but proof that we were covid free to be able to visit my autistic son in Southampton.
Of course we cant visit him now but nevertheless continued with the survey. Get tested every saturday and get the results by email some days later. Some time back my wife had some flu type symptoms and wanted a test but was told she would have to go to Brighton or Scotland for the test ???? Turned out to be just a common cold and gone in 4 days, but to have to go Brighton/Scotland for a test then, is just a joke, neddless to say she didnt go.
And thats how we came to be in this survey 🤷‍♂️

I am guessing Brighton or Scotland isn't close! Up here in Scotland we have seen loads of testing centres.

To me, if I was able to get tested and was negative I would continue what we are doing with regard to hand gel, cleaning everything and so on. If positive I would probably be even more cautious about what I do. I too have had a slight cough for a couple of months now but also sneezing and just feels like the colds that I have had in the past, just lingers and never really goes. Not had any other symptoms though. Loss of the sense of smell is hard as mine is already really poor after I had a cold/flu about 35 years ago.

As neither of us have shown any symptoms or as far as I know had contact with anyone who has had it, to have a test seems like a bit of a waste.

The other thing is that my Mum had no info whatsoever as to what happens after the vaccine. Can she mix with people or any other info.

Whether you have had the vaccine or not things will remain the same, your body will just be more prepared to deal with it and you can still have it on you and pass it on to others and I think the 3 weeks after is when the vaccine starts to work.

Reactions: glenwilson

Nice how do you brew it?

Hopefully not hurting any feelings here :D Off course no general rule: I love fair trade and in the beginning I tasted the good will, but somehow compared to industrial stuff it is not as high quality :D especially in whole coffee beans. Its just not sorted as well in my experience.

I think its just part of the experience :D and I still love it. Its like SUV owners voting for environmental parties.

Sorry that had to go out. I am so loveley I know

Reactions: dcyper and lakaelo
Nice how do you brew it?

Hopefully not hurting any feelings here :D Off course no general rule: I love fair trade and in the beginning I tasted the good will, but somehow compared to industrial stuff it is not as high quality :D especially in whole coffee beans. Its just not sorted as well in my experience.

I think its just part of the experience :D and I still love it. Its like SUV owners voting for environmental parties.

Sorry that had to go out. I am so loveley I know
thats true in some ways but not always. fairtraide is no sign for a better quality or just for other product characteristics. its just for better conditions for the "human" recources who are involved in the production process.

i had the experience with some coffee from a small caffee manufactur and you really can taste the difference to some other big industrial brands because they select there own coffee mix and also a other roasting as industrial coffee.

i had the experience with some coffee from a small caffee manufactur and you really can taste the difference to some other big industrial brands because they select there own coffee mix and also a other roasting as industrial coffee.
I agree.
I like, at least once a day, to taste a different coffee then the "industrial brands"

Sometimes disappointing, sometimes a surprise.

Like tasting a bottle of wine or beer.

If it has to be good and i have enough time... then i use a perculator.

I have also tried some fairtrade coffees and have been disappointed with them. Not with the quality just the flavour. I tend to stick with Lavazza for beans and Illy for espresso but will try others for a change.

My wife went to Jamaica for work (travel agent) and brought back some Blue Mountain. Was a bit disappointed with it. Given all the hype about it I got some more - think drugs are cheaper. Followed all the methods and was still disappointed. Was in Harrods food hall and mentioned it to the coffee person. They brewed some and it tasted just like I had mase and just couldn't understand why it was rated so highly.

For somethings it isn't worth the extra money but there are some items like chocolate where paying extra does give you a better product. Personal preference will make a diffrence. With beer I would rather have something that I enjoyed and was more expensive than a few cheap beers that I didn't enjoy. Budweiser isn't a bad beer but not something that I enjoy.

Wifes birthday coming up and as a present she requested I got her a Michael Kors watch. Its a smart watch that does all this stuff, msg, phone, heart rate, sleep patterns plus a load of other shit (not sure if it tells the time 🤭)
Came yesterday but needed some links removing but couldnt find my link tool. Found it this morning and sorted it. She is then taking me through the features AND THEN IT STARTED.
You should get a watch like this because you dont look after yourself, eat all crap food, you drink, you smoke, you got bags under your eyes etc. etc.:sleep::sleep::sleep:.
On that note, time to leg it up to my computer/workshop/wife not allowed room.
I know her game, she wants me to have a watch that can carry on nagging me for when she is not here.....fuck that....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Lol i bought myself such a smartwatch. Dont know this Michael kors bloke and his watch but mine have also all this stuff and even more and its only under 50 euros. Oh and i can also see the time on it lol
Watch? Not worn one for about three years now. Probably useful if working. Feel some features of Apple watch like fall detection and heart rate stuff would be good for my mum - could give me notification of anything happening so I could order a new car/PC/etc :D

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread