Looking after yourself

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
10 Oct 2012
London
Since the beginning of the Covid outbreak we have been shielding my old mum 88, disinfecting everything including mail and shopping items before she touched them.
She then had a fall at home injuring her ribs and taken to hospital. After 5 hours in
A&E she was sent home with a diagnosis of bruised ribs.
2 days later she was back at the hospital with very low oxygen intake due to taking very short breaths because of the pain, so then they discover she has 3 broken ribs was kept in and put on oxygen.
In a space of 7 days while at the hospital she caught Covid, got a lung infection and sadly
passed away on monday. My brother had visited her in hospital and has now been tested positive and his girlfriend too. My sister who my mum lived with and her husband are waiting for test results but have no symptoms so far. I had an appointment to go and see her for yesterday (tues. 1 day too late).
My first reaction was of anger blaming the hospital which I still feel but not as strongly now.
It just goes to show that even after all the efforts you put in, it only needs one split second for your world to be turned upside down with this Covid shit.
I saw Covid as something in the news that didnt really concern me but its not as easy as that.
So all of you out there especially fellow dinos, take extra care as this shit doesnt take prisoners.
Stay Safe
Riz

• Sad
Reactions: General_Misery

Steffos666

NRU Member
16 Oct 2012
Köln
Since the beginning of the Covid outbreak we have been shielding my old mum 88, disinfecting everything including mail and shopping items before she touched them.
She then had a fall at home injuring her ribs and taken to hospital. After 5 hours in
A&E she was sent home with a diagnosis of bruised ribs.
2 days later she was back at the hospital with very low oxygen intake due to taking very short breaths because of the pain, so then they discover she has 3 broken ribs was kept in and put on oxygen.
In a space of 7 days while at the hospital she caught Covid, got a lung infection and sadly
passed away on monday. My brother had visited her in hospital and has now been tested positive and his girlfriend too. My sister who my mum lived with and her husband are waiting for test results but have no symptoms so far. I had an appointment to go and see her for yesterday (tues. 1 day too late).
My first reaction was of anger blaming the hospital which I still feel but not as strongly now.
It just goes to show that even after all the efforts you put in, it only needs one split second for your world to be turned upside down with this Covid shit.
I saw Covid as something in the news that didnt really concern me but its not as easy as that.
So all of you out there especially fellow dinos, take extra care as this shit doesnt take prisoners.
Stay Safe
Riz

Fuck that blabla I mean we dont really know each other but my dearest condolences (if that is how you say that in british) and get well soon to the rest of your familiy.

Reactions: lakaelo and RIZLOID

We4re0ne

gotta tbag 'em all
NRU Member
19 Jun 2019
Germany
My deepest condolences Riz, I wish you all the best. Nobody deserves such a turn, especially after being so careful for so long.

Reactions: RIZLOID

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
I am really sorry to hear that and my condolences to you. If you need to talk or just chat we are here.

Not seen my mum who is up in that sort of age since March and unlikely to see her for some time. She has extended bubbled with someone who has just passed with cancer but I always feared that she would be at risk because of her friend going to hospital for treatment. Hospitals are going to be a hotspot but I feel for anyone working there because of the lack of support they have been getting. Anger should be directed at our government for the way they have, and still are handling it.

We are definitely paranoid (in a positive way about it) and clean door bell, letterbox, quarantine mail for a few days before opening, clean bins after collection, and so on.

ItsDABAUZZ

Did somebody say TV Missile?
NRU Member
27 Jul 2020
The Netherlands
My deepest condolences Riz, wishing you and your family the best.

Me and my parents can't work from home, so I've been super careful around by grandparents. Still paranoid that something like this may happen 😔

Lord-Bonaparte

Commander is online
NRU Member
28 Jun 2020
France
Oh Riz, I am sincerely so sorry and saddened to read this. My condolences to you.

It is undoubtedly a very difficult time that we are currently living. We need to remember the good aspects of life to stay up.

I wish you the best for you and your family Riz. Take care.

Last edited: