Looking after yourself

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
hm this may explain why youre here, and your online time ^^

Attachments

• 1a3bbc9ad6f9d341b4ad13e195430123--beautiful-stories-beautiful-love.jpg
    1a3bbc9ad6f9d341b4ad13e195430123--beautiful-stories-beautiful-love.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Osman883
Whilst we are not in Lockdown 2 there are still restrictions on how far we can travel and what is open plus the weather. Obviously we have been decorating the bedrooms and doing the flooring and there are a few small bits of DIY to do. Also been doing a few models that helps to distract. Have been getting a bit of back and hip pain this last week that has meant some really crappy sleep so wanted to try something else to just distract me from everything for a couple of hours. Never been show how to sew so thought that would be something to try. Thus the face mask. Thought it might work has as swimwear but it is a bit too small for that. 🤣 Yeah, good luck getting rid of that image!! Anyway, two hours of work (including taking it apart as I sew the straps inside) and that is the result. Quite therapeutic.

016BB296 F85C 4031 8810 1AED2F363668

Totally agree. Thought it was brilliant. I think it may actually be proof that Germans DO have a sense of humour. 😁

To begin with I just a disclaimer: I take Corona very seriously!

Our Bundesregierung in Berlin is shaking of fear. But the federal states are not having quite the same opinion...
Blocking what seems too brutal for them...

[So in my opinion(when I look at colognes trains and busses) the "circuit braker" will not work that way but we still close restaurants down its straight away stupid to punish buisnesses but private persons infect each other at the same time.]

So they wanted to make the soft lockdown a bit more strict, because it is not really getting better at the moment and the dream was to have the numbers so far down to have a safe christmas...

They are playing all their cards in berlin at the moment i have the feeling... But still it is stupid that we have no partial solution. That there isn't like a few phases of lockdown for every county in Germany and always everybody has to close their buisnesses at the moment.

April lockdown was perfect, but it seems like they planned nothing in the summer... Its just like we forgot because we had been in a comfortable situation...
Even to the point that school reopened when pupils got into the next grade after summer vacation and there were NO RULES for the reopening.

Same here. Most people complied with Lockdown 1 but there has been a creeping complacency. I know masks aren't going to stop it but it is going to help but there is a lack of information and enforcement on how to wear them. Notlaiming to be perfect but we have followed the rules yet it is obvious neighbours haven't by having not just family but friends visiting too. We have had a few days out but there really isn't much open plus shite weather to go anywhere.

We try and go shopping once a week. One neighbour, literally goes out 4 or 5 times a day to different shops (according to my wife who is becoming more like Miss Marple each day).

Most TV an media treats the UK government as the source on information when they are really only speaking for England as the rest of the UK (NI, W, and S) have our own separate advice and rules which are different. So when England started prematurely relax their rules people thought it applied to us too. It didn't help with people within government breaking the rules and being absolute dicks.

Some of the rules seem stupid. Restaurant and cafes get closed yet they are probably safer than anywhere. Schools remain open yet there is no distancing or masks so it remains a primary vector for transmission. Some shops limit numbers yet others have no controls. Few people seem to be keeping to the 2m distancing.

The vaccines look promising but that will take a while to be distributed and to become effective. I am optimistic but I cannot see things getting near to normal until 2022 unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: Steffos666
Some of the rules seem stupid. Restaurant and cafes get closed yet they are probably safer than anywhere. Schools remain open yet there is no distancing or masks so it remains a primary vector for transmission. Some shops limit numbers yet others have no controls. Few people seem to be keeping to the 2m distancing.

True for Germany too sadly.

Some shops have proper desinfectant and some have soapwater that smells like roses or shit.
Even went to a pharmacy that had no proper desinfectant^^
And rules for numbers of persons are only stated in more luxirious groceries like private REWE shops and EDEKA.
Aldi lidl and norma normally take care about no shit at all (e.g.: having a desinfectant spender that is defect since june)

I just think about too much and then I end always with: Hanlon's razor - Wikipedia
"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

The vaccines look promising but that will take a while to be distributed and to become effective. I am optimistic but I cannot see things getting near to normal until 2022 unfortunately.

Exactly but the "new normal" should be a gouvernement that instates rules beforehand and has some thresholds when a circuit braker has to be instated where to certain times(for example 1.12. to 15.12. in all counties where you have more than 50 cases per 100,000 persons per week.(then it would be quite bearable)

Then buisnesses can plan and the citizens can understand what happens.

I don't know what it is - Lobbyism, Courts, Citizens(off course only a few but enough to damage),local gouvernements and the over all gouvernement.

This is a horrible cysis and the worest is not Virus but the lack of compromises and planing

speaking about that i dont really believe it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ooooof

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

"This is a horrible cysis and the worest is not Virus but the lack of compromises and planing"

Yes. I know scientists are not always right but I would trust them more than a lot of what we have seen in our government. With a new virus you are always going to learn new things about it and how to deal with it so advice will change as experience is gained. Certainly here there is so much corruption going on and it is costing lives and causing the restrictions. The misinformation is also a big issue too. I get that people have the right to choose not to have a vaccine but the wackadoodle ideas they are running with really beggars belief. It is who is spreading this disinformation and why? Some of the nutcases we have over here doing it are just that, nutcases. They have a right to their opinion but media tries to be fair instead of just calling it what it is, just fucking nuts. Same as masks being a method of oppression, these sort of comments and ideas are sedition and try to create unrest. Can people be that lazy or stupid to believe that shit.

Sorry for the rant but I cannot understand how any reasoning person believes it.

Users who are viewing this thread