Looking after yourself

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Good news, there is cure/solution for this global corona mess. :)

2 Chronicles 7:12-14 King James Version (KJV)

12 And the Lord appeared to Solomon by night, and said unto him, I have heard thy prayer, and have chosen this place to myself for an house of sacrifice.

13 If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
Having spent quite a few days not quite in quarantine but not doing what we had planned - having some days out and so on is definitely building up some tension around the house. With the news ot exactly being uplifting either doesn't help.

When we were shopping we also got six 120l bags of compost nd new plant pots from Costco. Strangely everyone else was stocking up with food and stuff (which we did get too - but only what was needed). We have been doing a few things around my mums garden, weeding, repotting and so on. T was really nice to concentrate on that and have a distraction from everything else. Even doing small things like sorting out paper work helps as a distraction and fills the time if you are not working from home. Doing these small jobs means that you don’t end up wallowing o the sofa binge watching Netflix.

This was meant to be a quick note but ended up being a bit longer. 🙂

When we were down at my Mums we ended up not doing much. Prior to going there, there was the need to keep your distance from people but we had planned on a few trips out. With things gradually shutting down it became apparent that was not going to happen. The main thing then was to make sure she had sufficient stocks so she wouldn’t have to go shopping. Many of her neighbours have offered to help too.

For us, it was becoming boring because we couldn’t really go out and we didn’t have any of the hobbies and things that we would normally do plus you had the feeling that we were in the way! There ended up being a lot of tension that did cause a few, er discussions!

Despite that, we would have stayed but she was insistent that we should go home. Because at the time the news was dominated by the virus there was a lot of stress and tension. We were going out to make sure she had all she needed before we left so there was a risk of catching it.

Getting to the point of this…

We found the virus was dominating everything. It is obviously serious but if you are following the rules and not going out it doesn’t have to be front and centre all the time. You can do stuff you enjoy and forget about it. You don’t have to have the TV switched to a news channel all day. Take time to forget about it and ignore it.

I know that many people will have anxiety about jobs and money and that will be very important but we still need to look after ourselves physically and mentally as we may need to Be strong and help others. Sharing problems and anxieties does help. It isn’t stupid to worry about things, we all do it. But talking about them does help.

I have had depression and it really sucks. That was a combination of factors all happening the same time and one day I just couldn’t cope. I had to get help and worked through it. I still get an odd day when you wake up and feel depressed but the people who helped me said that is normal. At the moment that is likely to happen but if you spend sometime doing what you want or love doing (if you can) that will help. Switch off the news and immerse yourself in some music or reading or whatever and it will help your wellbeing. It won’t change the

Looks like the National Theatre is streaming a free, full length play every Thursday at 19:00 BST (18:00 UCT). Might interest some folks especially if you have watched everything on Netflix! 😁 Not sure if there are any international restrictions.

Looks like the first one is:
One Man, Two Guvnors
Featuring a Tony Award-winning performance from James Corden as Francis Henshall in this hilarious West End and Broadway hit. Streaming from 7pm on Thursday 2 April. Available until 9 April.

Have to admit I dislike Corden with a vengeance so wont bother but there are some others like Jayne Eyre, Treasure Island, Twelfth Night scheduled for the following weeks.

LOL I cant stand him either, never have and dont really know why :(

i can echo that for both, corden even more than macityre. i am watching both at youtube from time to time and i guess the way who they are annoying me is, the way they trying to act as such normal and unscripted and spontaneous. starting with this singing bullshit in the car with corden and ended up with the sending at all with macintyre. when you know how this formats work, then you know there is nothing, not even a littly tiny bit unscripted and both playing just a role.

Some people you know it is a character that they have created but those two seem to have their “characters” but are trying to portray it as real but you then get the feeling that something is off about it. We watch few reality Tv shows and they tend to be things like Masterchef. You get people on them which almost from the start just makes you dislike them and it is probably something subconscious that is triggering that feeling. It is probably the body language tells that we read but because of a lack of training cannot label correctly.

There aren’t many people/actors who I just wouldn’t watch. Some seem to do the type of film I would never watch like Rowen Atkinson in the Bean films but he was fine as Maigret.

Corden Mcintyre and the other one is Keith Lemon just dont find them funny like they are trying too hard but absolutely love Bean :love:

Lemon is borderline for me as it is more an obvious character rather than himself. Bean is OK but I find the guys on here comments more funny. 😇

Frankenstein

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mine for today reads you will be cutting the lawn. Never knew my wife was a mystic as she was quite assertive that it will happen!

Watched the Frankenstein play, was actually OK. Something a bit different to normal TV.

Users who are viewing this thread