LEGO 2

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
After doing the LEGO Saturn V kit I was looking for another one to get. Some people have made a launch pad to go with the Saturn V but you have to buy the parts separately and that seemed a bit of a faff. After quite a while of looking this crane kit looked an interesting build but may not be something to display like the Saturn V is. Anyway, I ordered it as it was on offer for £50 cheaper. It is huge. As you can see in the picture below (borrowed neighbours cat for scale).

If I can be bothered I will do one of my legendary time-lapses of the build.

A46D3856 0D7E 48FC 9794 1002B61F03E9

Reactions: lakaelo
The neighbours cat often drops in to say hello and have a sleep. A nice kitty. Every time it comes around I give it a small squirt of aftershave or perfume to confuse its owners. What they must think when it goes home smelling different each time. :D

The neighbours cat often drops in to say hello and have a sleep. A nice kitty. Every time it comes around I give it a small squirt of aftershave or perfume to confuse its owners. What they must think when it goes home smelling different each time. :D
It's lol , but cats lick themselves to wash ... Did he liked that taste ?

When we had a cat, she would often come home smelling of someone’s perfume! There was one time when we got home and she was sitting in the neighbours window, saw us and had that ‘damn I have been spotted’ look.

It wasn’t a direct spray on to nameless*, it was above it so it should just get a general smell about it.

* We don’t know what the cats name is. There is nothing on his collar. We think the owners are Polish but it doesn’t respond to anything from Translate.

My neighbours cat doesnt shit in his garden he comes and shits in mine, so I put some strips of sticky brown tape, glue side up which sticks to the pads on its paws and makes it do this acrobatic dance which is so funny to watch.
All you cat lovers out there, I know Im bad but he is not shitting in your garden !!!! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Redd Tedd
My neighbours cat doesnt shit in his garden he comes and shits in mine, so I put some strips of sticky brown tape, glue side up which sticks to the pads on its paws and makes it do this acrobatic dance which is so funny to watch.
All you cat lovers out there, I know Im bad but he is not shitting in your garden !!!! :ROFLMAO:

Video next time please. :)

There used to be loads of cats around here but many seemed to have moved away. Noname used to crap in the garden but guess he thinks it is his now so goes somewhere else.

Our main problem is with hedgehogs. They crap all over the place. One even shat on the front door mat. Luckily my wife “found” that - there was video evidence of who did it. Why it would poop there is a mystery. It isn’t like it is an obvious place to drop a No 2. My wife’s comment was ‘merde’. And I agreed that it was. :)

Lol

Seen a few of these and they are impressive. I started the crane build and was just taking my time. It is quite relaxing as I find you do need to concentrate. However, after getting towards the end of the first pack of parts I discovered that some of the gears wouldn’t turn so have to start again.

I was going to film or photograph the process but that would take so long and there are plenty of speed builds out there.

The Saturn V was mainly “normal” bricks with some Technic parts to get the round shape but this build so far is all Technic. It is impressive the way they use parts to build a structure the is really strong.

Bag 1 completed. Managed to use all the parts this time which helps! About 2 hours to build this section.

DBB07D7C 1B4E 4BF0 849E FB24A71E11A5

Before and after!

Had to disassemble as we need every bit of space to put stuff when livingroom and kitchen are emptied for the new ceilings. It took about 12 hours to build and 4 hours to take apart. The design of these kits still amazes me.

4979 4980

• Wow
Reactions: lakaelo
I really want that Lego crane although the adult in me is saying that I shouldn't!

I'm wanting this:

At £285 I just can't warrant it!

If you are patient you can find them at a reduced price. I found it really relaxing to build after a hard shift in BF4. Most of them have a B build to so really it is like getting 2 kits for the price of 1.😃 The size of the thing though, is huge. Would really like the 42009 but that definitely wouldn’t get wife approval.

£400... I don't ever remember Lego being that expensive! Even with a reduced price I doubt you'll get it under £350!

£400... I don't ever remember Lego being that expensive! Even with a reduced price I doubt you'll get it under £350!

I agree they are expensive but they are cheaper than buying all the parts separately and when you look at the detail of the build I would expect the development of the kit to be quite long which is included in the cost. Also you will have quite a few parts that you can also build other things with. That is what I was going to do. I will probably buy an extra motor or two and also add remote control. I was thinking of building some camera mounts that could be controlled for panoramas or time lapses.

I paid £176 and that was with £54 off!

I agree they are expensive but they are cheaper than buying all the parts separately and when you look at the detail of the build I would expect the development of the kit to be quite long which is included in the cost. Also you will have quite a few parts that you can also build other things with. That is what I was going to do. I will probably buy an extra motor or two and also add remote control. I was thinking of building some camera mounts that could be controlled for panoramas or time lapses.

I paid £176 and that was with £54 off!

and its even more cheaper than the original crane

Reactions: glenwilson
If through some weird thing I was somehow mega rich, once I had been through the Ferrari and Lambo phase I would definitely get some land and a crane 🏗 plus a few other ‘toys’ to play with. May even buy EA and force them to rerelease BF2 with improved graphics but so it was still playable on low end PCs. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread