Laminate flooring

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
OK, have had the flooring down for 4 months now and I am really pleased with it. The only annoying thing is that the bed moves around (no! not because of that you smutty minded folk!). Just getting out of the bed causes it to move. The bed has castors that are more like rollers so cannot find any anti-slip cups that would fit them. Tempted to take off the castors and put proper feet on the bed. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue. No other furniture moves and there is no sign of any wear.

Was thinking of something like this.

Amazon product ASIN B08R89QMBJ

here it is because of that lol i just used some of this Amazon product ASIN B07ZTKCZX6 i already used for my car trunk. cutting 4 little squares and put it underneath the bed feets works well.
Have some old carpet underlay that I use in the cars boot that nothing slides on! should have thought about that! It is great for stopping stuff sliding but when you need it to slide...

Will try that first though I think the castors are the problem and the bed may still move. Did think about bolting the bed to the wall but then makes it a bit too permanent if you need to clean or move it.
or just this. looks a bit...strange...

View attachment 10097

Must be for people like me with knee problems. My next question is how do I add structural support to the ceiling for someone who is big boned? 🤣

Castors normally come in 3 forms, single bolt, 4 screw or click on centre spindle and all are easy to remove and lowers the bed by a few inches.
Or you can get locking castors to fit the original way and still be able to move the bed if needed. Ebay job (y)

Castors normally come in 3 forms, single bolt, 4 screw or click on centre spindle and all are easy to remove and lowers the bed by a few inches.
Or you can get locking castors to fit the original way and still be able to move the bed if needed. Ebay job (y)
Think these are just the push click ones. Hadn't thought of the locking ones - another good idea. Thanks, that might be the magic bullet I was looking for!

Reactions: RIZLOID and dcyper

Users who are viewing this thread