Just some cake

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Just some cake and salted caramel sauce.

Sauce recipe

175gm sugar
300ml cream
50gm butter
5-10gm salt (depending on your taste)

Heat the sugar until browns (light brown) - don’t stir it
Then add cream, butter and salt and whisk it.
Continue to heat until it si thick and evenly mixed
Serve!

4C7446FD 0B14 40EB 8A05 659C11EC4584

Yes we do have treats like this occasionally. 😀

That sauce will last for about 3 weeks so it isn’t a massive sugar dose!

Most of my meals are vegetarian and we always have fresh veg rather than frozen and we have one “less healthy” meal a week which can be veggie hotdog or burgers and fries. Not trying to justify anything but we do eat healthy most of the time.

I can understand why in the US though fast food is so popular with less well off families. We usually try and rent a place than stay in hotels as we find you waste so much time getting breakfast when all you want is some toast. Same for evening meals, still not that easy to get vegetarian meals in the US when chicken is considered to be vegetarian (we have encountered that). So we go and get fresh veg for our stay but the cost is often 3 or 4 times what we pay in Europe. There are obviously seasonal variations but fresh veg is very expensive over there. Even steak and fish in the US has increased. As a treat I would get a steak or some salmon but the cost of that jumped an awful lot too - about x4.

So when you can get a burger for $0.99 it is easy to see why junk food is popular.

Reactions: lakaelo
Today’s veg:

Boiled: potatoes
Steamed broccoli, cauliflower, peas and carrots
Roasted: sweet potatoes, onion and beetroot (in a little olive and oil).

Healthy or what! 🤓

71670C6F 0361 47BA 960F 114D29CE51FE
7192CD8B 2F15 46D7 A2FB B46A81BE6C95

Reactions: ParisX

Users who are viewing this thread