International Space Station

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
In case anyone is interested three are a few passes on the ISS over the next few days. It is easily visible to the eye (if there are no clouds) without a telescope. I have been trying to get some photographs of it but we have a lot of light pollution here so will have another go tomorrow.

UK Pass times can be found here but suspect other countries could have similar information.

ISS - International Space Station Passes UK July/ August 2017 -

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
The grammar school I attended had (and still has) an astronomical observatory.
The facilities were available for interested pupils and there were about 8 of us who spent every Friday evening and night there.
If the sky was clear, we used our huge telescope for detailed obervation, if it was overcast, we did some research work, thus bridging the gap between theory and practice.

Yes, Glen, I am interested, and I would like to thank you for the link, which brought back many memories. :)

Last edited:
I remember the moon landings and have an interest in astronomy but haven't got a telescope as we have so much light pollution from nearby town and oil refineries and the amount of cloudless skies we get wouldn't make it worthwhile. Do have big binoculars that are effective for when we do get a clear sky.

When we have been on holiday in places like Death Valley (even though we did get rain there and we now have confirmation that it is Isobel's fault and not mine) and you get amazingly clear skies it is an amazing sight. When we were at Bryce Canyon (possibly my favourite place) they had an astronomy night and had a few scopes on planets and other objects. Worth the cold and late night.

Seeing the ISS go across the sky, even before it is dark is still exciting for me even at my age. :)

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER

Users who are viewing this thread