In spite of it all... have a merry Christmas

• Thread starter Lady_Musketeer_GER
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Lady_Musketeer_GER

Lady_Musketeer_GER

Friend of the NRU
2 May 2012
There is little doubt that 2020 will be remembered as an important year in world history.
As we grapple with the onslaught of a global pandemic, there is no denying the fact that this year has pushed our patience and tested our resilience.
Covid-19 has turned the world upside down, almost every aspect of our lives has been affected: How we live and interact with each other, how we communicate and work, how we move around, travel, shop and spend our pastime.
The Coronavirus has disrupted nearly all facets of everyday life but somehow we like to believe that the magic of the season will exempt Christmas from restrictions, lockdowns and cancellations.

Despite the tumultuous year we've had and the lingering uncertainty that lies ahead of us, it's good to know that Christmas traditions endure.
Admittedly, I have never decorated this early, but never have I felt so strongly we need the uplift and joy that Christmas traditions bring to us.
Whether we like it or not, Christmas will definitely have a very different flavour this year.
Many things we take for granted at this time of the year will have changed and a lot of the activities we usually associate with the season will be either curtailed or completely off the agenda.

We don't have much control about what is going on outside our homes but we can control what is going on inside our house. That is why I decided to decorate so early... not only to brighten up my little nephews' mood in these difficult times, but also ours.
Again, the twins were enchanted by the twinkling lights, the candles, the warm fragrance of fir twigs and by the several cosy blanket forts we built for them (... which, of course, had to be illuminated by Christmas lights as well).

This Christmas, we'll likely see a shift away from the mass materialism of years gone by. Instead, we'll enjoy a renewed appreciation for the things that truly matter - our loved ones, our family, our friends who really add a spark to our lives.
They make us richer and make life more complete.
Let's treat them accordingly.

Dear NRU members and friends from all over the world... it's with all my heart that I wish you all a delightful and merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Lady, Glen - I concur :)

There is at least one consoling thing about 2020 to remember: the orange menace and his ilk in the WH was ousted from power. The pandemic is bad enough but just the thought of four more years of that shitshow - with global impact - was unbearable. Oh, I won't comment on brexit...:rolleyes:

On a personal note, I'm mainly grateful for two things: none of my friends or (extended) family members have suffered any major health issues incl. COVID and secondly, I retired formally Oct 1 - what a blessing...;)

Wishing you all a merry Christmas/holiday and a special thanks to the NRU heeds/crew; you've given our dear clan a boost with various initiatives and the popularity of our server clearly demonstrates the success.

Its been a horrible year, lets hope 2021 will be so much better.
I did get to meet all of you so that's one positive thing :D

Thanks for all the laughs this year! I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year! 🎄🎇

It's always a pleasure to read your warm words @Lady_Musketeer_GER :)

A big thanks for the Noobs R Us family for all these good times on the battlefield or here on the website this year. 🥳 I can't even count the number of times I almost died of laughing because of you my beloved fossils.
Let’s make 2021 be a better year together, my best wishes for you and your family, have a merry Christmas and good times with the people you love.

And please, take care of you.
Cheers! ❤️

I am also looking forward for 2021 getting better. There will be some special things waiting for me. I will finish the study, I am taken over in the job where I currently write my bachelor thesis, I will move together with my girlfriend and I will finally upgrade my PC again :giggle:

However, all of you made this year a little bit better. This is truly a special community and I love to be part of it.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and lovely days hopefully with your loved ones around you.

Thank you for the great time!

My heartfelt thanks to you all and a big hug for all your gracious words.
As We4re0ne already mentioned, NRU is a special community indeed and I am glad, too, to be part of this unique and lovely bunch. :happy:

Users who are viewing this thread