In-flight Pictures

• Thread starter tousledmonkey31
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
tousledmonkey31

tousledmonkey31

NRU Member
3 Jun 2013
Bonn, Germany
Since I work for an airline and generally have been around aviation my whole life, I fly a lot and wanted to share some pictures with you that I made in-flight. It never ceases to amaze me that we live on a flying ball of stone. Hope you enjoy!

2014 10 29 004656 Some frozen stream in Siberia

2015 05 10 231125 Rocky mountains from the Pacific West Coast (looking east)

2015 06 20 122841 Maroccan mountains (looking south)

2015 06 20 124621 A damn huge pile of sand with a town (Sahara, there was nothing else for the next 200+ km)

2015 06 20 204617 Mexico City

2016 01 28 054956 Chasing a Lufthansa Jumbo somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean

2016 02 03 155932 Love these moments (sunrise somewhere over the Atlantic)

2016 07 20 233810 Daytona Beach, Florida

2016 10 01 195606 Some oil rig burning excess gas (flight deck approved lol)

more to come!

I love looking out of the windows on planes and have missed so great shots in the past because of the stupid no electronic devices rules of the past. I wish airlines would actually wash the windows occasionally though! Great pics and look forward to seeing more.

Reactions: tousledmonkey31
Looking at the Earth from this vantage point gives you, at least in most cases, a different perspective on the world.
Gazing through an airplane window may have a soothing effect (... unless you suffer from aviophobia) and the first words which immediately come to my mind are tranquillity, serenity, inner calm and composure.
As for me, I see these aspects well reflected in your amazing photos.
Thanks for sharing, Chris. :)

Reactions: tousledmonkey31
Lady, you have a wonderful way with words.

I used to live near an airport (Heathrow), worked for BA as did my mum and dad so have always had an interest in planes and travel. I remember going to Zurich for a £1 return. Going on holiday to foreign places when other kids at school were going to Brighton. Missing a day off school to fly to Leipzig (when in East Germany) to visit Colditz.

I enjoy travel and flying (hate the hassle of airports now though) and the experience of new places.

Since I work for an airline and generally have been around aviation my whole life, I fly a lot and wanted to share some pictures with you that I made in-flight. It never ceases to amaze me that we live on a flying ball of stone. Hope you enjoy!

View attachment 3547 Some frozen stream in Siberia

View attachment 3548 Rocky mountains from the Pacific West Coast (looking east)

View attachment 3549 Maroccan mountains (looking south)

View attachment 3550 A damn huge pile of sand with a town (Sahara, there was nothing else for the next 200+ km)

View attachment 3551 Mexico City

View attachment 3552 Chasing a Lufthansa Jumbo somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean

View attachment 3553 Love these moments (sunrise somewhere over the Atlantic)

View attachment 3554 Daytona Beach, Florida

View attachment 3555 Some oil rig burning excess gas (flight deck approved lol)

more to come!

How did you get in the cockpit, are you a pilot?

Nice, clear pictures! :D

Haha, I didn't see that question, no I am neither a pilot nor a stewardess XD i work for an airline supplier who builds and repairs aircraft parts, such as display instruments for oil pressure or oil tank filling level.

Sometimes, there are instruments that cost 25k € and more, and when pilots think it behaves strangely (there are always at least 2 or more instruments that show the same thing, so nothing to worry about there :D ) they get a new one or a refurbished one, and that has to be documented and tested.

You need a "ZUP" for that in Germany, it's called "Zuverlässigkeitsüberprüfung" haha, german worm-word, it's a license for the airline industry where you get checked for police reports, suspicious memberships etc... It includes a medical check as well. And that's how I get into cockpits :D it's amazing what they do up there!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here you are ;P I did what was called a "foreign object debris hazard", because anything loose can damage instruments or hurt people when there is a hard landing or they need to kick into the brakes. But captain is always right and said it was okay :D

That was a 747 with 221 tons of landing mass :O smooth as a feather! Just before turning off the autopilot, the pilot said "let's get this bird on the ground!" :D

Reactions: glenwilson
aww, love Flying and Pics, i have so many of them. I will share when iam not so lazy at anytime.

Users who are viewing this thread