i need beer.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
CapHunterx

CapHunterx

where's my AEK?
NRU Member
22 Nov 2020
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
Any of you having good suggestion to import beer. I currently have a bunch of polish beer and really enjoyed some of them. Any suggestions from all over the world are welcome.

The Belgian Beer Factory do some gift sets that may be a useful starting place for some ideas. If you can go there even better.

There are quite a few beers from small UK that I would suggest but not sure many ship to europe now for some reason.

Favourite US beer is 60 minute IPA by Dogfish Head Brewery but have only seen it in the US.

Another US fave is

• Haha
Reactions: CapHunterx
Glen, you ever tried this beer from this brewery which is a 5min walk from my house ? They have got famous in the last few years and maybe I'll try a tour soon (just not quite Guinness 🤷‍♂️)
Brewery Tours

The Belgian Beer Factory do some gift sets that may be a useful starting place for some ideas. If you can go there even better.

There are quite a few beers from small UK that I would suggest but not sure many ship to europe now for some reason.

Favourite US beer is 60 minute IPA by Dogfish Head Brewery but have only seen it in the US.

Another US fave is

Thanks I'll take a look.

due i did not get excepted results, while goggel pictures with search words "beer tits" ....

let me simply suggest this one

Attachments

• 35667899.jpg
    35667899.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Akhara
due i did not get excepted results, while goggel pictures with search words "beer tits" ....

let me simply suggest this one

This beer for me is the pinnacle of a "good beer". It's nothing fancy, doesn't have any special ingredients or whatever but is simply....good. And making a simple but good beer is a lot harder than you might think. Most craft beers nowadays try to "hide" a lot of their mistakes by jamming unnecessary large amount of hop in their beer to cover up shitty flavors. I bet you a lot of microbreweries nowadays wouldn't be able to make something like an Augustiner Helles.

Reactions: Rumblepumble
We have a beer with a meal a couple of times a week. If we are on holiday, anywhere, then that will go up as we like to try anything local. Belgium has to be my favourite beer holiday destination but the US would be a close second. Favourite UK brewers are Moor beer in Bristol and Fyne ales near loch Fyne. In the US thee are plenty of micro breweries with restaurants/bars attached and a lot of the food they do is usually pretty good too.

We have loads of beer in stock from all over the place. The Mrs favours IPAs which I am a big fan off too but I also like dark beers, stouts and sours. I probably wouldn't buy Bud (US variant) as I just do not enjoy it. That isn't intentionally being a beer snob but I would rather enjoy something than just drink for the sake of it.

I have some ingredients ready to brew a small batch. Having worked in a brewery it was still a learning process but really fun. I only do small batches as I just don't have the room for a larger production so normally get about 8 500ml bottles.

I started off with this kit that had everything in it to get started apart from the bottles. I use the swing top bottles as it saves having to get caps plus you can also use them for cooking oils and so on.

Amazon product ASIN B005KOSJ18

as an bavarian it is not possible to wait on brew, mostly cant wait untill its cooled...

gonna buy an aditional fridge for my wintergarden, only for drinks^^

as an bavarian it is not possible to wait on brew, mostly cant wait untill its cooled...

gonna buy an aditional fridge for my wintergarden, only for drinks^^
Making beer takes a lot of time. Usual takes a good 5 hours to brew and then 2 weeks for it to carbonate

Making beer takes a lot of time. Usual takes a good 5 hours to brew and then 2 weeks for it to carbonate

Usually you have a first fermentation step at higher temperatures during which compounds are formed that taste really bad. This is then followed by a second, longer fermentation step at lower temperatures during which these compounds degrade.

The biggest faff is the initial mashing and then the boiling during which you add the hops at various times. Kitchen ends up looking like a meth lab. Can use the grain for bread ot give the garden birds a treat. After that, fermentation for normal beers is just a case of add yeast and wait until it stops - about a week. Lagers and similar beers do need a more controlled fermentation and it is temperature affected. After that just shove it in some bottles, add some sugar and wait a couple of weeks.

There are some fully automated small batch brewing systems for home though something like this would be nice.

https://www.polsinelli.it/en/easy-50-conical-beer-system-with-conical-trunk-fermenter-60°-P2884.htm

My top 5 beers ever are:

1. Dead Guy Ale by Rogue Ales and 60 minute IPA by Dogfish Head
2. Hoppiness by Moor beer
3. Compatriot by Hillside Brewery
4. Cowiche Canyon Fresh Hop Ale by Freemont brewing
5. IPA Citra by Kernal Brewing

Runners up

Yippe IPA
Green Mountain
Chimay Blue
Goose IPA
Mirror Pond

Lolll did you get tired of drinking cans of 8.6?? They're made right next where you live!! :LOL:

My favorite Belgians (not in order):​

1. Kriek type (these ones have a strong and sweet cherry taste, which hides the high alcohol percentage and gets you wasted pretty quickly) :​

1. Delirium Red (I think this is a lager in which they add the cherry taste ; 8%)
    2. Lindemans kriek (nice real Lambic, drinkable during lunch because it's not that strong lol and also cheap, 1,70€ in my supermarket; around 5%)
    3. Kasteel red (8%)
  2. Other :

1. Duvel (personal favorite ; 8%)
    2. Tripeel karmeliert (around 8.4%)
    3. La Chouffe (personal favorite, don't forget the salted peanuts ; 8%)
    4. Chimay
    5. Maredsous triple (very strong lol but I like it also with peanuts and friends to share them with ; 10%)

What you should do :​

You should go on a website which sells beer bottles in a pack like llamaontheloose said, and get yourself a "Belgian selection", or "German selection" .. That way you discover everything by tasting a little bit of everything, just like a tourist lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread