how you "got" your playtime?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
What a cool thread. Nice to know i'm not alone. :)

With three boys 8, 4 and 1. A job that can have me working from 8am to 8pm and a wifey that likes to watch Corrie, Eastenders, Revenge, Good Wife, Greys, and all the other SHITE TV lol. I like to think that my much loved BF Clan is saving my sanity lol.

Well, I got into bf2 in 2006 on and off at my friends house on his pc, we'd play it very occasionally at the weekend. I then got my self a rig started to play bf2 all the time once I found the NRU server, I was a self employed graphic designer during the day and also a manager of a pub back then so I was responsible for staff rotas so I always worked that in my favour, up all night sleep all day type thing, when i wasn't waking up to some random who I cant remember taking home in the first place !

I was with one girl one weekend, then got booty called from some other girl and met her the next weekend... long story short I ran into them both one day in the town centre and found out they were sisters! so being all mature I went out with the second sister as she was dirtier! from there i moved out into the country and spent ALL my time on bf2, and the relationship too a bad turn and she raged all the time.. so again being all mature I made the Shooflydontbugme account for her so she would play bf2 as she was a bit of a gamer chick! that didn't do down to well... as she became an NRU admin, well I did! she raged as I didn't let her back on the pc from then on in!

From there i was an admin on the NRU i/o server with most of you old members and because of gaming till 8 am most nights and weekends I spent on bf2 my relationship too a dive! and I let bf2 take over my life, so again being all mature I took a shovel to the back of her head.....she's now buried under the patio, as lets be honest no one ever looks under the patio!

from there it was the [cT*] clan... on bad company 2, occasionally I could get a game with them on bf2 but that was really difficult as most of the [cT*] Clan are Banned from most bf2 servers worldwide as were all ex WOokies, BLates, RsG, BBUK, Snipers and they have played the game since it's release!

I'm recently just getting back into bf2 from a pc year absence due to my mum losing her fight to cancer, and my speed on bf2 has took a serious dive! :D but we'll get there ;)

you do have to find a happy medium with loved ones, relationships with on-line gaming, and being an admin, you do have to have a breather now and again, to much on-line time has its benefits, but... you need to keep the rage to a minimum so it's good to have a lot of spare time too.

5h00 <3

Great thread x

[cT*] 5h00fly;2377 said:
From there i was an admin on the NRU i/o server with most of you old members and because of gaming till 8 am most nights and weekends I spent on bf2 my relationship too a dive! and I let bf2 take over my life, so again being all mature I took a shovel to the back of her head.....she's now buried under the patio, as lets be honest no one ever looks under the patio!
Ha ha yer I remember those day...wait what under the patio :eek:

[cT*] 5h00fly;2377 said:
I'm recently just getting back into bf2 from a pc year absence due to my mum losing her fight to cancer, and my speed on bf2 has took a serious dive! :D but we'll get there ;)
Sorry to hear that Shoo, cancer is a fucking prick as I found out as well, but it's great to have you (and other old school members) back :D

[cT*] 5h00fly;2377 said:
I was a self employed graphic designer during the day
Wasn't it you who made the NRU stickers? Which I think some members might still have

@ sam, cheers m8, yer it is a prick! and by your post it hasn't just affected me so my thoughts are with you too bro, as my post was trying to say.. never take loved ones for granted always have family time when you can ;) but you have to have some time for yourself too ;)

yes m8 I still have a load of NRU stickers hiding about somewhere lol :D

Electronic Arts: Been ruining Relationships since 2002 <3 :D

all this talk of =NRU= stickers got me thinking i dont thonk i showed you where i put on of mine nru stickers ... no not there i perverts!
DSC00519.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

That. That is the noobs r us sticker? I expected something with dogtags :(, t looks so casual.

There's more than one type if I remember right, I thought there was a yellow set as well with a different design? Maybe I'm mixing it with something else.

That. That is the noobs r us sticker? I expected something with dogtags :(, t looks so casual.

Well in my defence here, these ones were metallic chrome, This was 6 years ago when the vinyl cost was a lot more expensive then.
as Sam stated there were 4 different designs, I made them at work for fun, It cost me £200 for the run of stickers, not including the fact I posted them all over the UK, Sweden, Canada, America all funded by me... with no input from the clan., I made them out of my own wages at work.

Everyone a Critic! :D

Don't take this wrong :p I do appreciate your work.
It's just that I design some stuff myself too, and they looked a bit casual to me (atleast the one I saw)
could you possibly show me the others too? :p

hey sounds like a buisiness opportunity ? underpants with a big teabag on the bollock area ?............. it could be massive :}

We did have the NRU shop on the old site. Welsh apron and other good stuff. I guess it's still there but not added yet.

Don't take this wrong :p I do appreciate your work.
It's just that I design some stuff myself too, and they looked a bit casual to me (atleast the one I saw)
could you possibly show me the others too? :p

Not all al Rebirth, I was only messing m8, I don't mind at all ;) Christ! now your asking, I done them a long time ago m8, (back in the day of Photoshop illustrator Corel draw. Pre- Cs versions :) but i'm sure you all could start a NRU design thread. and stickers are mega cheap now days, I think it was Benbobby who done the NRU logo, and i'm sure if you got designing the likes of t-shirts etc they could be easy to make. I'd buy one ;)

Re: how you &quot;got&quot; your playtime?

shoo did a good job rebirth id show u the others but i dont want shoo to be criticed for something he put allot of time and effort into

- - - Updated - - -

tbag_zps42aefba7.gif

lmao let sweeney design next stuff , might look as good as his teabag stick men :}

[cT*] 5h00fly;2444 said:
Not all al Rebirth, I was only messing m8, I don't mind at all ;) Christ! now your asking, I done them a long time ago m8, (back in the day of Photoshop illustrator Corel draw. Pre- Cs versions :) but i'm sure you all could start a NRU design thread. and stickers are mega cheap now days, I think it was Benbobby who done the NRU logo, and i'm sure if you got designing the likes of t-shirts etc they could be easy to make. I'd buy one ;)

talking about t-shirts, allways wanted to design t-shirts ^^ that'd be sweet :D

Well guys get designing, my mate has his own company where he's doing some awesome Tees amongst some other pimp ass shizzle ;)
http://www.digisin.co.uk/ check it out when you have a sec, I can easily get them made ;)
peace oot.

~Sh00~

[cT*] 5h00fly;2578 said:
Well guys get designing, my mate has his own company where he's doing some awesome Tees amongst some other pimp ass shizzle ;)
http://www.digisin.co.uk/ check it out when you have a sec, I can easily get them made ;)
peace oot.

~Sh00~

I'll try to design some today :p

Users who are viewing this thread