How is everyone holding up?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
CapHunterx

CapHunterx

where's my AEK?
NRU Member
22 Nov 2020
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
How's is everyone holding up with the Pandemic. A lot of things happing in the Netherlands and were maybe getting a 2g QR code. I'm curious how it's going in your country

Reactions: Teofild
Focus is on gaining more data on the new omicron strain and getting more people to get vaccinated. Around 80 % of the population 12 yrs and older have received two shots of vaccination, 85 % one shot. No lockdown (we never had one btw) but various recommendations re proof of vaccination, getting tested if symptoms, social distancing, work from home etc. i.e. not dropping one's guard and thinking the pandemic is over.

There's been some very small protests re. restrictions (!) and vaccination here and there since the pandemic started but it's mostly the tin foil hat crowd participating.

I'm getting my 3rd shot of Comirnaty tomorrow :)

Lastly, hope everyone and their loved ones are doing ok - stay safe.

Last edited:
Here in finland we have corona pass system which indicates that you have been vaccinated and you need that to go into restaurants etc. Been vaccinated twice and waiting for the 3rd. The whole corona thingy has personally been quite easy cause i dont leave much my home but because of that we have had to reduse meetings with my parents and siblings. Normally on christmas we all go to my sisters home but last year we had to cancel it due to covid. Now we are thinking can we gather up on next christmas or not. Next weeks will tell how this situation is developing. I wish we can meet up like normal christmass, calm get together with lots of food, presents and SAUNA. :)

We're run by a bunch of corrupt idiots who wait till the last second to decided what the rules are. There's no covid pass system here (some events do require a negative test result), no real social distancing any more, no real mask wearing (though you are now required again in shops and on transport, but it isn't enforced). I currently work from home most the time, but you don't have to. The only thing this country has done well is the vaccine rollout, my parents have had their boosters and I should be able to get mine this month I think (which is good considering I'm only 30).

Oh, and I guess the UK is pretty good at gnome mapping positive results. That's about it.

Ditto what Sam says. We have a vaccine app up here but that isn't for all venues. Mask wearing is required in more places but so many people think under the chin is the way you wear them. Visiting my Mum was the first time in 18 months we have been away from home. Personally don't feel comfortable being out despite being 3 jabbed. Don't feel comfortable going to a theatre or an event knowing that I take all the precautions I can but that others don't care or think that there is a risk.

Here its typical balkans. Rules are not as strict and hand sanitisers and masks are obligatory inside. Vaccinations are about 60% and people believe all kinds on noncensce. Vaccinated covid passes needed for state institutions or public gatherings. Shops and bars limited to certain ammount of ppl inside at the same time. 2 days ago police arrested some 3 guys that tried to organise an armed attack on public buildings and ovethrow the goverment. People are getting itchy and some short protests in main capital, nothing police cant hande. Some bickering amongs populous but nothing to major. We are good in a small city almost nothing for us has changed. Vaccinated twice, not in line for nr 3 yet. Only pain is the unvaccinated people get sick then it costs to test to be negative to be able to work because of small children. So far so good. Toliet paper stocked up! :p

We are currently having a huge surge of new cases. Just like in the UK we decide on new rule when its already to late.
Here in France we don't have any lockdown or curfew
Sanitary pass can be use for 24h only (for people who are not vaccinated)
91% of the population over 18 have received at least 1 dose and 90% of the population (over 18 yo) are fully vaccinated
The 15th of December, children over 5 years old with health problem will be able to be vaccinated if the parent are ok
For school, the mask are mandatory inside and outside
Working from home is recommended at least 3 days a week
From Friday and for 4 weeks, night club will be close

And probably some other things
that quite impressive 90% vaccination! we have 85% but only 75% in the 18-40 group.

seems like im staying home for cristmas as well. maybe vistit some familiy but i dont wanna risk to much.

The best thing I saw, two kids talking....

Bob: You vacinated?

Rob: Not sure I trust it, reading all sorts of things.

Bob: You shouldn't believe all those things.

Rob: Why not?

Bob: Well they said you would go blind if you wanked yourself. Are you blind?

We are currently having a huge surge of new cases. Just like in the UK we decide on new rule when its already to late.

that quite impressive 90% vaccination! we have 85% but only 75% in the 18-40 group.

seems like im staying home for cristmas as well. maybe vistit some familiy but i dont wanna risk to much.
We are now 💉💉💉 and are still very careful. I know the risks are reduced by being vaccinated but I just don't want to get something I can avoid. If simple regulations like continued mask wearing and distancing had be maintained it would have helped. Just wish I could use my "Stay away from me masked death stare look" in BF! My k/d would be a lot better!

We are now 💉💉💉 and are still very careful. I know the risks are reduced by being vaccinated but I just don't want to get something I can avoid. If simple regulations like continued mask wearing and distancing had be maintained it would have helped. Just wish I could use my "Stay away from me masked death stare look" in BF! My k/d would be a lot better!
maybe with a bit of luck they add mask as a skin in battlefield 2042 :D

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo and Riot_co
Travelling abroad is a very stressful task these days with QR codes for everything, vaccines where, what and when for travel. Then you have the same at your destination with their rules......Ahhh Holiday 😷...... Then back to
QR codes and PCR test (polymerase chain reaction) booked codes for your return 🤯
Get home PCR tests have been delivered, do the tests and pay extra for a fastrack result (24hours)
Get result = Negative and all is well 🤔 Then I get this
Do they mean contact on the plane there? or back?, the hotel or the whole fucking Gran Canaria 🤷‍♂️
So it starts again QR codes, dates etc. but no mention of negative PCR test I've got ???
Its fucked up, now I need a holiday to get over the stress of this one :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm happy to report me and my family's fine. Sadly my profile picture isn't.
Jokes aside we had a record of 30k cases per day, now about 15 k a day...
Got my third jab and I'm staying strong. But the cost it takes on both lives and the economy...I'm afraid to even think about it. Ordered a solar plant as a reaction to the increasing energy prices...I'll just invest all my savings into my home, to future-proof myself for the case of pandemics, or economic fuck-ups.

all I wanna say about the pandemic is---double fuck.

We had two lockdowns, now it is pretty calm but withot qr and passport you are nothing. I got two jabs and qr just to have opportunity to work, family is home and don't need vaccine. Older kid is studying from home (120€ month) , his mates that stayed at scool are having 2 week quarantines in a month , while they stay at home no studies are going on, but they all are 12 grade and exams are coming soon. So im happy that my son is learning while others just sit home.
Rumors say Its gonna be 3rd lockdown at about 20.12.
No fun living in Latvia....

Unlike previous pandemics we live in an age where travel has enabled something to spread, and continue to spread so much faster than previously. Also, because there are no visible signs of infection that also allows it to move unnoticed. If it caused people to develop blue spots the next day there would have been a different approach. But because some people can have it and show no symptoms is another factor in how it took hold so fast.

At least the new home test kits that we have no longer require you to spend time in front of the mirror testing out your gag reflex with a swab and that swab is much smaller so when you ram it up your nose wonder just how far you should shove it.

Hope you all stay safe and keep well and try to help keep everyone else safe too.

Users who are viewing this thread