Horseradish Vodka

Found some fresh horseradish at the supermarket today so obviously needed some vodka to go with it. The horseradish was particularly strong and I suspect would give some wasabi a run. Eyes are still burning. Only have to wait for a week now...

4E115D0E-B515-4E8B-9883-52DCAA2FF11C.jpeg

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
I too am baffled, I like vodka but cant stand horseradish, by mixing the two are you trying to flavour the vodka or the horseradish ?.......are you going to drink it or eat it ? :sick:

Wow, that got a bit feisty! :)

Vodka on its own seems a bit pointless to me as there is no taste. I like to drink things for how they taste not just to get drunk though if that is a by-product then hey. Horseradish is a gift from nature and flavouring the vodka improves both. :D Once the vodka has infused then the horseradish will be used to make some horseradish sauce and also added to mashed potatoes. Horseradish on marmite toast is also a great thing. Nothing wasted.

Plus the vodka was £17 for a litre, the horseradish was £1.80 whereas a 70cl bottle of horseradish vodka is £28 so a saving of over £10 plus it tastes a lot better and hotter.

Would like to try a wasbi version but have been unable to find any fresh wasabi for infusing.

Update: looks like 200gm of fresh wasabi is about £40. Probably don’t need to use 200gm like I did for the horseradish. The Wasabi Company | Fresh Wasabi

Witcheri

Lock-On Hater
NRU Member
Wow, that got a bit feisty! :)

Vodka on its own seems a bit pointless to me as there is no taste. I like to drink things for how they taste not just to get drunk though if that is a by-product then hey. Horseradish is a gift from nature and flavouring the vodka improves both. :D Once the vodka has infused then the horseradish will be used to make some horseradish sauce and also added to mashed potatoes. Horseradish on marmite toast is also a great thing. Nothing wasted.

Plus the vodka was £17 for a litre, the horseradish was £1.80 whereas a 70cl bottle of horseradish vodka is £28 so a saving of over £10 plus it tastes a lot better and hotter.

Would like to try a wasbi version but have been unable to find any fresh wasabi for infusing.

Update: looks like 200gm of fresh wasabi is about £40. Probably don’t need to use 200gm like I did for the horseradish. The Wasabi Company | Fresh Wasabi
mate please. Vodka has it's own taste that only finer palates can find!

Was going to give the vodla a week to infuse but tried it and it was ready. Wow is it hot. Lots of flavour too. Made some horseradish sauce with most of what was left. Still a little left over to have on marmite toast!