Horseradish Vodka

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Found some fresh horseradish at the supermarket today so obviously needed some vodka to go with it. The horseradish was particularly strong and I suspect would give some wasabi a run. Eyes are still burning. Only have to wait for a week now...

4E115D0E B515 4E8B 9883 52DCAA2FF11C

christ mate. you don't mix horseradish and vodka..

I too am baffled, I like vodka but cant stand horseradish, by mixing the two are you trying to flavour the vodka or the horseradish ?.......are you going to drink it or eat it ? :sick:

Wow, that got a bit feisty! :)

Vodka on its own seems a bit pointless to me as there is no taste. I like to drink things for how they taste not just to get drunk though if that is a by-product then hey. Horseradish is a gift from nature and flavouring the vodka improves both. :D Once the vodka has infused then the horseradish will be used to make some horseradish sauce and also added to mashed potatoes. Horseradish on marmite toast is also a great thing. Nothing wasted.

Plus the vodka was £17 for a litre, the horseradish was £1.80 whereas a 70cl bottle of horseradish vodka is £28 so a saving of over £10 plus it tastes a lot better and hotter.

Would like to try a wasbi version but have been unable to find any fresh wasabi for infusing.

Update: looks like 200gm of fresh wasabi is about £40. Probably don’t need to use 200gm like I did for the horseradish. The Wasabi Company | Fresh Wasabi

His own brand?
I am done.
Heard about his wiskey: glen grand...
But Lama Radis Vodka sounds like a broken idea from Qentin Tarantino ...

Attachments

• mari-lama-768x425.jpg
    mari-lama-768x425.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 3
Wow, that got a bit feisty! :)

Vodka on its own seems a bit pointless to me as there is no taste. I like to drink things for how they taste not just to get drunk though if that is a by-product then hey. Horseradish is a gift from nature and flavouring the vodka improves both. :D Once the vodka has infused then the horseradish will be used to make some horseradish sauce and also added to mashed potatoes. Horseradish on marmite toast is also a great thing. Nothing wasted.

Plus the vodka was £17 for a litre, the horseradish was £1.80 whereas a 70cl bottle of horseradish vodka is £28 so a saving of over £10 plus it tastes a lot better and hotter.

Would like to try a wasbi version but have been unable to find any fresh wasabi for infusing.

Update: looks like 200gm of fresh wasabi is about £40. Probably don’t need to use 200gm like I did for the horseradish. The Wasabi Company | Fresh Wasabi
mate please. Vodka has it's own taste that only finer palates can find!

mate please. Vodka has it's own taste that only finer palates can find!

I used to be a professional beer taster! Plus I am older than you so that automatically means that I am right!!! :D

I am sure they do taste different but I'm not able to notice

Reactions: lakaelo
Was going to give the vodla a week to infuse but tried it and it was ready. Wow is it hot. Lots of flavour too. Made some horseradish sauce with most of what was left. Still a little left over to have on marmite toast!

My reason for vodka is, it stops "des ziedern" it may translated with alcohol tremble ^^
Also it´s still effectiv, naaaaaasty

Attachments

• no.jpg
    no.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: glenwilson

Users who are viewing this thread