hiking in traumpfade, germany, eifel

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Would love to walk more but my knees are, what is the medical term, er, completely f***ed. Wife won't carry me so hiking is out for me.

Been to Germany about 8 times now and really love the place.

Almost untouched nature, a brook and wooded hills – although the tour may have been physically demanding, I think this is the ideal place to immerse yourself and to recharge your batteries away from the bustle of everyday life.

Gorgeous pictures, Sascha, thanks for sharing. :)

There is something peaceful and relaxing about finding yourselves the only people in a place with only the sounds of your surroundings. As Lady says, you can then immerse yourself and just enjoy the sounds of birds and animals and also start to notice the colours and if you are lucky even see the birds and wildlife. Even the sound of the rain is enjoyable. :)

its always nice to be away from all in this 4 hours. no mobile, no email, no pc, no nothing. lol only walk into the nature and enjoying it. you can see a lot of animals like birds and bugs or even the hornet at the last trip. never saw one so near before.

and it is quite nice that are around 50 tracks just around our home to drive by under a half hour.

@rutger
good question about the "traumschleife" translation. its more a marketing word i would say. traum = dream / fantastic and schleife = curve / loop ( but in that content more meaning of a nice track )

problem on this tracks is that its a bit dangerous if it goes to autumn and winter because the track is really slippery if its wet. i was sitting on my ass 3 times on the last trip lol

but the weatherforecast is showing the weather should be good next week so we plan to take this track as our seasonfinal.

Traumpfade: Rhein-Mosel-Eifel: Eltzer Burgpanorama

its only 10 minutes from home and was voted to germanys best hiking track 2013.

[video=youtube;D5bodzlEF20]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5bodzlEF20[/video]

anjoying it

Wasn't sure if the translation was "annoying" or "enjoying" or a mixture of both. The thought of annoying nature made me smile! But then you could enjoy annoying nature which could be "anjoying".

OK your tourist photos are making us plan a holiday in Germany for next year. I'm sure your real reason is to ensure that we visit and remove any possibility that you will have a drought!

OK, sorry, not had enough coffee yet.

Beautiful pictures lak.I have some from mt Washington and some from a 7.5mile hike on plesant mt I'll share later this week.

Beautiful pictures lak.I have some from mt Washington and some from a 7.5mile hike on plesant mt I'll share later this week.

i saw them on FB. also some amazing pics with some lovely views.

anjoying it

Wasn't sure if the translation was "annoying" or "enjoying" or a mixture of both. The thought of annoying nature made me smile! But then you could enjoy annoying nature which could be "anjoying".

OK your tourist photos are making us plan a holiday in Germany for next year. I'm sure your real reason is to ensure that we visit and remove any possibility that you will have a drought!

OK, sorry, not had enough coffee yet.

lol i should copyright that word. hihi but it should be "enjoyed" :popcorn:

if you really plan to have a trip to germany next year i will start to have some preparations. need to but some more wood...

View attachment 2332

ok, how i said in the dogcam thread we were out on a new trail called "Ehrbach Klamm". Klamm is a german word for a small gorge and i can say this was one of the amazing we had done so far.

Traumschleife Ehrbachklamm • Wanderung » outdooractive.com

some parts of the trail were almost not passable with a dog. at least not at if it is on a leash.

this is the video of the track:

[video=youtube;LDDywlPg-Pg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDDywlPg-Pg[/video]

we have made some very nice pics of the landscape you can find at the flickr album. only made with the galaxy s5 but i still nice.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk6mDqqA

Another beautiful hiking trail – physically demanding but also extremely rewarding with regard to the untamed natural landscape.
Thank you, Sascha. :)

Users who are viewing this thread