[Guide] Helicopter guide for noobs (control and strategy)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A helicopter noob guide made by a heli noob

helicopters are a big part of BF4, there really hard to get into but its really fun to fly them! a couple months ago i started flying them. this really takes some effort to learn but once you get the basics its really fun.
im trying to make this as easy as possible so someone can get into flying heli's as fast as possible. the easist heli to learn is the Scout/littlebird

Controlling the helicopter:

one of the easiest things to learn is controling the helicopter. but this takes some time to get good at, i recomment firing up the test range and fly around in the littlebird (scoutheli).
ones you know the controls try to learn to fly as low as possible around the dirt road. this makes you learn to fly as fast as possible.

Staying alive in a game:

if you never flew a heli and you get in the AIR the first time there is one thing that will happen. Lots of lockons, and probably not more than 1 min of flytime. staying alive is where the real art of flying comes up.
there are howerver some easy tips to stay alive way longer.

• Know your countermeasures; you can fire your countermeasures by pressing X on your keyboard. you have diffrent types but there are 1 you really need as a begining pilot.
    ECM: this makes a cloud behind your heli and breaks lockons and fools incoming rockets, its active for a couple seconds before it get a couple second cool down.
    IR flares: they fool the incoming rockets but it doesnt last as lock so you can get relocked really quickly
    After you used your countermessures your extremly easly killed by lockons. so when u use them the only thing you need to do is get away and get yourself behind a building or something that can block light of sight.
  • Hiding: hide behind buildings and other structures to make yourself a harder target. get some practise hiding your self!!!
  • Know your surroundings. flying into street lamps, and other building will happen alot if you dont know your suroundings.
  • AIR RADAR!: this gives you a minimap with the position of other airborne vehicles. you can use this to your adventage

Aiming the helicopter:

one of the most important things, you need to AIM your hellicopter so you can shoot another one down..... DUH. but this needs some practise. you have a fixed croshair and a moving one.
all your bullets wil fly somewhere between those 2 croshairs. when making big movements while flying you need to aim more with the moving croshair and when your hovering you need to aim more with the fixed one.

1v1 battle with other heli's

Try to make yourself a hard target. when 1v1 you need to get the advantages. try moving up and down and left and right to make it hard for the other pilot. but dont over do this since you will be missing your own shots.
get above your enemy when you try to engage them. when your above another heli its almost impossible for him to hit you. he needs to pitch up resulting him in fly backwards and downwards. which is really hard to control.

Further updates coming. ill go a bit further about each heli after this. but for now those tips work for each heli type. although learning in the scout is the easiest.

you can be sure that if a helicopter kills me 2 or 3 I'm going to get AA mine and stinger
I'm going to place the AA mine when the heli is close (so I'm pretty sure I'll touch it) and then I'm going to continue with the stinger

but if it's only the first time that the heli comes close to me I'll just try to kill the pilot and steal it (on the littlebird it's the simplest, the right of the windshield) :D

Reactions: CapHunterx

Users who are viewing this thread