HDD docking station

• Thread starter General_Misery
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
General_Misery

General_Misery

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Halmstad - Sweden
When I bought a new pc I took out my two HDDs from my old pc, I’ve used these for backup purposes. Had almost forgotten that I had a HDD docking station which is excellent now as I can continue to use these HDDs without having to install them in my new and smaller case. Just a small (and perhaps obvious) tip 😉

I think I bought the station for ~ 30 Euro.

6B8A2C7F A41C 4A33 894B 7BDA92028518

I have one that plugs into an external SATA socket. Works OK for occasional or emergency use as the disks are just loose and you also need a power supply so end up with a ton of wires. I have a few disks that are not the fastest but would be good for ad hoc backups. With USB3 having decent speeds it is a lot easier to do something like this too. Thanks for mentioning this - will have a look for one.

I have one that plugs into an external SATA socket. Works OK for occasional or emergency use as the disks are just loose and you also need a power supply so end up with a ton of wires. I have a few disks that are not the fastest but would be good for ad hoc backups. With USB3 having decent speeds it is a lot easier to do something like this too. Thanks for mentioning this - will have a look for one.
The one I have is USB 3 - fast transfer of files IMO 👍🏻

Reactions: glenwilson

Users who are viewing this thread