Haul from week away

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Quick trip to visit mum.

23 different beers
16 cheeses
5 spirits
1 wine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 39
Nice Mr Wilson, want to make a proposal... I send you beer, you send me vinegar crisps. Must admit, it's the only thing I like from the other side of the sea :). I'll make sure you get the proper glasses as well!

If you really want crisps let me know and I can send them too you. Any particular brand you want? Vinegar flavour or salt and vinegar?

Have a growing collection of beer glasses. Wife likes the beer but the glasses take up too much room!

Fridge is smelling like a well stocked fromagerie at the moment. Just baked some bread and made some butter to go with it. Yum!

Last edited:
Re : Haul from week away

23 different beers
16 cheeses
5 spirits
1 wine

So it will be just enough to end 2014 !

It looks like when I'm coming back from Spain ! Smuggling !

Re: Re : Haul from week away

23 different beers
16 cheeses
5 spirits
1 wine

All for personal use! You should see the garage! A place where you could be trapped but die happy and absolutely pissed! Amazes me that people do the day trip thing to France and where there buy the usual beer that is slightly cheaper than at home. There are so many fantastic beers from France and Belgium (sorry, yet to be convinced about German beers) that are inexpensive makes you wonder why you would travel that far and not try the local stuff. Same goes for other products too. There are some many local cheeses, sausages, biscuits, breads (we still have bread in the freezer from our German trip) to try yet some people just buy what the can get at home for a couple of £s less. I say deprive the locals of their cheese and beer! For us the savings made on the two boxes of Leffe covers the cost of the trip!

I don't mind paying for the beers over here but a bottle Chimay Blue over in France was about 1.5 Euro yet over here it can be near to £3!

23 different beers
16 cheeses
5 spirits
1 wine

beer from spain??? urggggghhhh!!!!

cheese from spain??? never taste a good one from there!!!

try to smuggle sth better from spain, i.e. ham or footballers :)

Re : Haul from week away

Not producted in Spain but sold in Spain, with low taxes : alcohol, cigarettes, petrol, jewels, ... , seeds, ...

glenwilson said:
I don't mind paying for the beers over here but a bottle Chimay Blue over in France was about 1.5 Euro yet over here it can be near to £3!

Which country has the most of alcoholic people then ?... Heikki, how much is the Chimay Blue in Finland !?

23 different beers
16 cheeses
5 spirits
1 wine

All for personal use! You should see the garage! A place where you could be trapped but die happy and absolutely pissed! Amazes me that people do the day trip thing to France and where there buy the usual beer that is slightly cheaper than at home. There are so many fantastic beers from France and Belgium (sorry, yet to be convinced about German beers) that are inexpensive makes you wonder why you would travel that far and not try the local stuff. Same goes for other products too. There are some many local cheeses, sausages, biscuits, breads (we still have bread in the freezer from our German trip) to try yet some people just buy what the can get at home for a couple of £s less. I say deprive the locals of their cheese and beer! For us the savings made on the two boxes of Leffe covers the cost of the trip!

Poor you! Enforced or personal choice?

Users who are viewing this thread