Happy New Year!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Yes I know that it is a few days early (at this point) but I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year!

2017 hasn't been the best of years generally with all the atrocities in the news. Also seems to have been a year for losing childhood heroes too. Has been a year of change with Isobel losing her job and being home all the time! :) 2017 has also been a year of some new words like coveffe (which you can really substitute for anything) and Trump (as in 'don't be a Trump' or 'you piece of Trump' or generally replace any sweary word with it). :D

For me 2017 was a year to learn some new things. I have learnt how to repair things which covers quite a lot really but mostly having patience and not rushing. Also making things. Often you can buy something you want but you can also make things and I have been playing with soldering and electrical bits and that has come in useful for repairing things rather than replacing. The main thing is no matter how old you are you can still learn new and useful skills.

Personally for 2018 I hope to continue learning new things and skills - not sure what yet but when the next thing breaks there will be something to learn. I may not be able to donate huge amounts to charity but we will continue to help by donating books and our time.

If 2017 hasn't been nice to you for whatever reason look at 2018 as an opportunity to start afresh. That isn't always possible but even achieving a small successes is a step forward. Some problems don't have an immediate fix and require a longer term outlook. Small targets as part of a bigger one show that you are moving in the right direction. I don't bother with New Year resolutions as it is generally a route to failure as they tend to be unrealistic targets - why set yourself up for failure.

I wish you all a Happy New Year.

Wise words glen :D also thanks <3
Well for me personally, I'm actually happy it has come to the end, this year was kinda full of disappointment -.-'' not really expecting that 2018 will be any better tho, it can only get worse, there's no use to be hoping it'll get better I can only say that I'll give my best to make it better for myself and for the people I love ^^
I wish you all a happy new year <3 <3 Thanks for all the good rounds on the Battlefield ^^ I hope I'll sort some things in my life so I can finally be back in Battlefield

Happy new year comrades and best wishes for 2018 - a year in which I hope I will see the beginning of the end of the nightmare of Trump as POTUS (and his moronic cabinet) with the 2018 midterm elections.

Thanks to all for yet another fun year here at our little cyber oasis we call NRU, special thanks to all admins for your work! (y):)

Special, special thanks to Mac who some ten years ago ”let me in” to this fraternity (I know, smug remark about my seniority... :whistle:)

Wishing all you beautiful people a happy 2018.:)

And for those with your stubby fingers on the big red nutter button.... join us for a few fun rounds and you'll feel better guys... you know who you areo_O

Reactions: glenwilson
Happy New Year boys and girls.....and stay off the juice, but only if you have to.(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

If you feel 2017 was awful and you made no progress and things got no better, you made it through it and you survived. Sometimes you don’t need to make an impact, you don’t need to have massive successes, sometimes you just need to be there for others.

2018 can be the start of a new chapter, a new beginning. It may even be a continuation of a nightmare but you will still make a difference no matter how small that may be. You may do something that will brighten someones day or make them smile. That would make the year a success.

Happy New Year folks.

As always, your words are uplifting and well-spoken. Thank you for that!

2017 has not been too kind to me, a lot of changes, decisions I didn't want to have to make, but 2018 will be a blast because I worked hard for it! All the best for everyone of you guys and a happy new year!

As always, your words are uplifting and well-spoken. Thank you for that!

2017 has not been too kind to me, a lot of changes, decisions I didn't want to have to make, but 2018 will be a blast because I worked hard for it! All the best for everyone of you guys and a happy new year!

Hope things work out for you and everybody else too. There is an optimism about 2018 that wasn’t there last year.

Users who are viewing this thread