Happy New Year 2019

• Thread starter Lady_Musketeer_GER
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Lady_Musketeer_GER

Lady_Musketeer_GER

Friend of the NRU
2 May 2012
New Year's Eve can be a shaky time for those of us who aren't yet comfortable with the ground they're standing on, as they are going through more than most of us can even imagine.
Some people will tell us to make our new year "a blast of fun and cheer".
That's not what I would like to opt for, as this superficial and merely hedonistic attitude has nothing to do with real life.

2018 is wrapping up and a new year is seizing the scene.
Again, this evening is a great time for reflection and for choosing the path you want to follow in the coming year.
Hence, as we enter 2019, there are some special thoughts to ponder on:

What was the best thing that happened this past year?
Who raised your spirits when you were feeling down?
What was the most challenging thing that you had to deal with?
What was an unexpected joy this past year?
What were/are the things you were/are most thankful for?

Every year leaves a trace - something is given and something is taken away.
May the new year arrive with hope and a bag full of blessings such as health, emotional support, love, harmony, renewed strength and many bright days for you all!

Thank you. Some inspirational words there.

Have to admit most of the time the New Year only meant the difference with trying to remember to put a different year when writing a cheque! Cannot remember the last time I actually wrote a cheque so I don’t have that challenge now! :)

Most of the questions above relate to Iz being made redundant and choosing to retire. Both of these are a good thing and she is now seeing the benefits of not working in that place and the stress it was causing her. She has also come to terms with not having to justify each day by being ultra productive. We are getting things done around the house that needed doing and also having small trips out more than we used to. It has taken a while to get into a routine for both of us.

A major cause of satisfaction for me is fixing things or doing stuff myself rather than getting someone else to do it. Not only have we saved a lot of £ but also got a lot of fun doing it.

Going forward for us it will be more of the same though with my Mum aging but still in relatively good health there will be a few challenges. She is due to have a replacement hip operation at some point so that will probably meanspending some time down there. It will be fun dealing with het newly found racist views. Maybe it is an age thing as my parents were never like that before or maybe it is the crap she sees on Facebook.

2019 will be a challenging year politically too. For the UK Brexit is obviously dominant. There is so much evidence that the vote was tainted either through dodgy money being used to fund the leave campaigns, campaign funding limits being exceeded and so on that a new vote at least would sem e the be option. If there was no taint around the original vote I could accept that the majority spoke (even if they were misguided).

I hope that 2019 sees the end of Trump too. I despise the man because he has none of the morals or empathy that a normal person exhibits nor do the people who supprt him. It is the potential damage to the environment that affects us all. Removing or reducing safety standards to enable more mercury and other polluting elements in to the environment affects us globally not just in the USA. It is wrong to say it is Russia’s fault when in reality it is Putin and a few mega rich Russians and not the Russian people. I guess I would like politicians to represent us people and not their own agendas or those people that have purchased the politicians or are blackmailing them.

For 2019 I want to continue making and repairing things. I have a few small garden projects to do and some decorating apparently. :)

Wish you all a Happy New Year.

Wonderful words above and i second them.
I'd love to have a good old rant here, but as usual the one thing that takes up every microsecond of my time, save the few moments I'm in the loo, my family. Yet again one or more of them need attention/ reassurance/ telling off/ playing with/ help with food/ batteries changing...
Happy New Year to all you lovely people at NRU and your families.

Good luck in the new year, I reckon we're going to need it! :p

Users who are viewing this thread