granate cooking!!!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
CapHunterx

CapHunterx

where's my AEK?
NRU Member
22 Nov 2020
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
i think i found out what granate cooking is.

i killed someone by killing a guy trowing a nade, this nade then exploded killing his friend. i told me i was protected by granate cooking,
what i expect is that if this happens a lot or when a cheater for example drops those granateds it will protect you from being accussed as a hacker sinse you get a kill with a nade without trown one.
battlefield also has anti cheat like checking if your bullets you shoot are really coming out of your ammo, for example to counter unlimited ammo hacks.

i think thats why it shows up and ill try to find the video of it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Like this? I killed the guy with a bow and then got a kill with a nade I didn’t throw. I’ll have to check whether I got reported for nade cooking there.

Edit: Ahhhh no. That was on a different server….

I am not sure, cause i do not get it at all. But i think this vid helps to understand.

No it's not this, you get the message when you kill someone by killing an enemy who's holding a nate. If the Nate that is dropped also kills someone else it when the message pops up

Like this? I killed the guy with a bow and then got a kill with a nade I didn’t throw. I’ll have to check whether I got reported for nade cooking there.

Edit: Ahhhh no. That was on a different server….

Yes exactly

So the nade from the enemy team makes a "teamkill" because he dropped it hot when dieing? But that should be normal gameplay logic and no unintended bugusing :D

Reactions: CapHunterx
Watched the vids, but I still dont get it :unsure:. WTF is nade cooking ? I dont see it as cheating if I shoot someone about to throw a nade and drops it killing others.....Why is that cheating or how is it cheating 🤷‍♂️

The question for me is more like why they die from a teammates nade 🤔

okay ill try to explain it as best as i can.

in order to combat cheaters battlefield anti cheat (the server) checks on your stats so it can identify hackers.
for example: a hacker has cheat that makes the client (his game) think it has unlimited ammo, the server then checks your inventory and checks if your bullets are going down when you shoot your weapon. this makes it harder for extreme cheats to work.

another example. when you shoot a bullet your client tells the server you shot a bullet starting from location X and its trajectory. the server double checks if the bullet you shot should be possible. because otherwise a cheat can just spawn a bullet next to an enemy. so the server checks your location and see if the bullet shot is possible from that location. this is why teleporting is almost impossible for cheats because the server knows you should be able to change locations that fast. (there are workaround probably) bit this is how a server checks if everything is alright.

the server does this not only to prevent cheats but to check if your client the server and the enemy client are all getting the same info and are in sync. you can really see this when the server is lagging. because your client is just playing the game and then the server tells you the info it has. that why you almost cant walk because your client side it walking but the server is lagging and when it updates it teleports you back to were it thinks you are.

anyway the auto admin knows this is possible in the game so even tho you didnt trow a nate. it detects you got a kill with a nate so it thinks your hacking. but since this is a game mechanic it protects you when it happens with a nate.

here you can see i get a kill with a frag i didnt trow and instantly get the message

as far as i know, this "granade cooking" is going back to the release of bf4 ( could be also already bf3 but can´t remember / you also had more granades and also faster granade reload ). however, there was the possibility you could HOLD the trigger of the granate before you throw it. so you could stand on some nice corner, taking you granate in hold, still holding the trigger and in the moment some enemies coming up, you released the granade. advantage is/was that the granade was exploding even faster ( because it missed the half throwing animation ) and just in time. so the enemies having less time to react and you got more kills with that. or you running into a bunch of enemies with the granade in your hand and when you got killed, it exploded in the middle of them. ( because the gameanimation is still started when you HOLD it and will go to the end even when the soldier was killed.

at some point EA/dice nerved this granade so you could not HOLD it anymore but they but never ripped off this "anti granate cooking" thing out of the game.

Last edited:
as far as i know, this "granade cooking" is going back to the release of bf4 ( could be also already bf3 but can´t remember / you also had more granades and also faster granade reload ). however, there was the possibility you could HOLD the trigger of the granate before you throw it. so you could stand on some nice corner, taking you granate in hold, still holding the trigger and in the moment some enemies coming up, you released the granade. advantage is/was that the granade was exploding even faster ( because it missed the half throwing animation ) and just in time. so the enemies having less time to react and you got more kills with that. or you running into a bunch of enemies with the granade in your hand and when you got killed, it exploded in the middle of them. ( because the gameanimation is still started when you HOLD it and will go to the end even when the soldier was killed.

at some point EA/dice nerved this granade so you could not HOLD it anymore but they but never ripped off this "anti granate cooking" thing out of the game.
Ohh, I thought I figured it out :p still not sure why it would give that message if it where ever in the game. Anyway hope you guys like the little chat about what goes on behind the sence with the server client dance

To me if you pull the pin but don't lob it - effectively it still isn't live until you release its trigger. Most of the time if I get killed after just lobbing the grenade it acts like a dud and nothing happens but you would think that if it went then it should still be active.

I still miss persistent C4. Lay some C4 on a flag after capture and then go to the next flag. Get killed but enemy starts taking the other flag and booooooooom when you trigger the C4. Again to me that seems reasonable as a remote detonator would still work as it would be on the same frequency as the original.

That was a rule on most servers in BF2 "No clays/c4/mines in the cap radius of a flag"

Users who are viewing this thread