Goats cheese and mushroom ravioli

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
😊

It is quite easy to make and reasonably economic and does taste good. Probably costs about £/€3 for the ingredients. Making the pasta dough doesn’t take that long, put everything in a food processor and pulse it until it forms crumbs and then knead them together and then clingfilm it and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.

Worth investing in a quality pasta machine if you are likely to use it a lot as the first cheap one I had broke after a couple of uses. The Imperia machine I got was £80 but has tagliatelle and spaghetti cutters. Also have a drying rack so can make a batch of tagl

Rolling the pasta doesn’t take too long to do, start on the widest setting and gradually get thinner. The thinest setting is best for ravioli but it can sometimes burst when you cook them so I tend to use the second thinnest.

Though you can make the pasta and roll it out in about 10 minutes that doesn’t include cleaning time. The machine just needs a wipe but the flour seems to get everywhere despite being careful!