Germany

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
OK! Raining today. Last full day in Germany before venturing into Belgium where hopefully won't get shot in the back with air pistol like last time! Enough of German culture and on to the real stuff - Belgian breweries! :)

And roadworks or at least it used to be like that whenever we drove through :D

What I don't get is all the speed signs. First 100, then 80 then 60 about 200m apart. Why not just go to 60 and save money on the 100/80 signs? That is the EU for you! :). Then you get the I'm no waiting and going down the hard shoulder (at whatever speed they like). Over all though the driving in Germany is fine even on the unrestricted portions.

Not looking forward to Belgium though as last time they were not the best examples of driving I have seen. Maybe too much Trappist beer? :)

The insect bite ratio is about 20:1 I have 20 and Iz has 1. That is just unfair :D

The Americans do it too. You get a sign to say that it will be 35mph in 100 yards. You can see the sign ahead and are already slowing (or should be). :)

Ok, now in Belgium (via Luxembourg). How do you tell you are in Belgium? You can see the whites of the eyes of the driver behind you! They make BMW/Audi tailgaters look like amateurs.

Germany, if you notice two missing mosquitoes I can tell you exactly where their bodies are. Isobel has two small bites. Those bastards were feeding on me last night!! 37 bites!
--- Post updated ---
In the Ardennes region of Belgium.

IMG 3497

Ok, so we are home. What do we have to show for it? Well a few bottles of beer to start with (some are pictured below). Quite a few photos and the realisation that Germany and Belgium still have a lot to offer and are worth more visits. What have we learnt? Trying even simple German phrases and getting the pronunciation even close is so hard. Even after trying several variations I was still getting that look that says "I appreciate he is trying but I haven't a f***ing clue what he istrying to say". We also have an appreciation of the buildings and heritage too. Looking away from the touristy stuff make you realise there is so much more to see.

Same goes for northern Belgium and trying Dutch. Just got a similar :eek: look at the way I murdered pronunciation. South Belgium was better as my limited French was more useful.

IMG 0434 IMG 0435

Anytime! That is only from this trip! There must be about 130+ bottles in stock already! :)
dayum mate, you cant drink all those, let me help you get rid of some of them XD you can send them to me via the Mail :p XD

Users who are viewing this thread