Germany

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Over the last 20 years we have generally been on holiday in September to the USA (except for Mauritius when the hotel burned down and Thailand when there was a coup) and we have pretty much been to most places that we want to go (apart from Alaska and Hawaii).

So this year we are thinking of a tour around Germany. Just wondering if there are any places that you folks from around that way would suggest to have a look at other than the usual touristy choices that may go under the radar?

We like historical stuff but are open to any suggestions!

laka's shed wasn't going to be on the list!

my shed is also historical place :D

well, just around my shed are some very nice and interesting spots.

can recommend the hole "moselvalley" lot of insteresting places and some castles behind every corner. best part is you can drive along the holey valley with your car and stop there where you will make a brake. so good for your knees. ;)

Mosel – offizielles Reiseportal der Region.
Startseite - Burg Eltz
Mosel.de

the Nurburgring Startseite is also not far away and good for a daytrip.

my shed is also historical place :D

well, just around my shed are some very nice and interesting spots.

can recommend the hole "moselvalley" lot of insteresting places and some castles behind every corner. best part is you can drive along the holey valley with your car and stop there where you will make a brake. so good for your knees. ;)

Mosel – offizielles Reiseportal der Region.
Startseite - Burg Eltz
Mosel.de

the Nurburgring Startseite is also not far away and good for a daytrip.

That looks good? Does it flood as it is certain to rain when we are there!

:eek: i life too long here and i don't like it xD but yeah well, it's up to you, there are some nice places around here.. but its still germany :D

Black Forest is great. Linda's brother lives in Donaueschingen. We were there couple of times. Freiburg is great. Visited Colmar in France. Drei-Schluchten-Wanderung is great too. And the Rheinfall in Schaffhausen in Switzerland is not so far away and worth to be seen.

If you like castles and nature I also can recommend the Rhein/Mosel area like Lakay suggested.
Otherwise you could visit Munic, nice city with sights, museums and Brauhäuser. :)

Reactions: BruceWillii
If you like castles and nature I also can recommend the Rhein/Mosel area like Lakay suggested.
Otherwise you could visit Munic, nice city with sights, museums and Brauhäuser. :)
And I Heard they have a nice soccer club I'm Munich to visit too ;)
Säbener Straße for ever!

And I Heard they have a nice soccer club I'm Munich to visit too ;)
Säbener Straße for ever!

Been to Munich a few times and really liked it. Also, Ulm, Geingen, Munster (also a few times).

Certainly a few areas to consider and investigate more. Not sure if we are driving of flying and driving as that will depend on if we get a new car.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

Users who are viewing this thread