geek zone help required

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Ccleaner
Ad block plus
Firefox
Spybot s&d
Good antivirus.. If MSE also superantispyware
Teamspeak 3
Pcmark
Pcpitstop
Xfire
Fraps

Optional:
Window washer
Registry easy

I don't know if one of the mentioned ones by geno is the same, but 7-zip is a good, free unzipper which you shouldn't miss. Also a thing I like is Revo Uninstaller, who wipes unwanted installed software out of the whole rig, scans registry and more!

Well i got everything done already just havent got time to play atm... thought i'd share some pics tho of the build & wanna ask if 85-95 fps is about right in bf3 running high settings? temps are good with cpu & mobo both maxing at around mid 30*c

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 10
That's looking nice, couldn't see the motherboard at first lol but your cable management is waaaay better than mine (even if you haven't done the psu yet lol), I'm pretty shit at it so mines a big mess :)

had to upload rest of the pictures seperate as it would only do 5 at a time!! ffs sam

Have had a little tidy up on the workstation as well with monitor now on the wall which frees up a lot of desk space, only trouble is it looks too small now...lol

but anyway this is how i roll...... lmao

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 10
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 10
had to buy a couple of extension cables for the psu as the ones that came with went straight accross the case which looked shit but as you can see in the last pic much better now

looks very nice chip. gj. what does it look like in the dark ? :p

was the zalman cpucooler heavy? I like the new trend in the mobo concealment. some manufacturers hide the components away so it's just like a board.

glad you got it sorter mate, the rig looks good... almost makes me want to order up some parts and build
a new rig hehe

yeah geno looks pretty cool in the dark cos everythings black & minimal led lighting & yes cooler is heavy but runs real quiet & i just like the look of the copper against the black of everything else.

yeah sota know what you mean, but i'm not sure if i'll want to upgrade so much again, not unless some future game really gets me excited cos the current generation games are real nice to look at but longevity just isnt there!!

had my system running enough to post some numbers now, currently running 4.2ghz o/c stably, cpu temps under load 44* max. would a 5ghz o/c be reasonably achievable without water cooling.

I know you can do it on the older i5's, temps can get a little high depending on your cooler due to the voltage change google ocing for you board/processor see if others have any tips etc. I dont know how much performance you would see in games prob only in benchmarks and very processor intensive applications.

in newer games i suppose ocing graphics card makes more gain than cpu. ocing cpu might make it worse for interacting but you never know before testing properly.
would be nice to see results.

Users who are viewing this thread