Game stops working during launch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
InvictaVultis

InvictaVultis

10 Sep 2013
Leicester
I am looking at the moment for all hints and info on internet and in meantime asking for any help here - maybe someone knows what the fk is wrong with this cursed game...

Game is crashing in all modes and even in offline mode. It's launching, icon in taskbar stays for few seconds and then i get dialog window that it stopped to work. No error message. This is info from Windows Event Viewer:

Code:
Faulting application name: bf3.exe, version: 1.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x511c9356
Faulting module name: bf3.exe, version: 1.6.0.0, time stamp: 0x511c9356
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00017c70
Faulting process ID: 0x1a7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ceafefdc5070eb
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Battlefield 3\bf3.exe
Report ID: 1e40a74d-1be3-11e3-bec5-3085a98ced7e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

What i did for now:
Repair via Origin
Uninstall game and reinstall
Upadated Punkbuster
Scanned with sfc /scannow
Upadated Nvidia Drivers
Sleeped well for 10 hours
Drinked some coffe

i have some difficaulties too when first time try bf3
try check if you have too many tunnel adapters in cmd i ( ip config ) if i remember that command right i have over 500 and that cause me that i cant play
try google tunnel adapter and you find some little program that disapled all the extra tunnel adapters that works for me
hope you understand what i mean because my english is not so good lol

Last edited:
Problem is that game crashes in Off-line mode to so ip configuration is not so important i think. But i will check that to. Curiosity.

Ok, works now. Basically cloud saves are screwed. So i needed to delete BF3 folder in Documments, put Origin in Offline mode, launch campaign, then close, put back to online and launch game choosing to use local game data and not update from cloud.

Yeah and don't forget to put your change in your RIGHT pocket.... don't want it in the left... Oh and turn your nightstand 30 degrees... Fahrenheit that is.

But OT I asked because there is a lot of ports that need to be open for BF3 to work properly, it will work with some closed, but its best to have all (necessary) open.
BF3 I think will not launch without a working and CONNECTED Origin, even if you select offline, its only the messenger part. It will still check your key etc...
So if Origin can not get through your firewall/router nothing is going to work...

BF3 I think will not launch without a working and CONNECTED Origin, even if you select offline, its only the messenger part. It will still check your key etc...
So if Origin can not get through your firewall/router nothing is going to work...
Did you actually tried this?... If Origin is in offline mode it will launch automatically in to campaign mode. All keys are checked when you purchased game. And never ever keep open all ports.

It's EA and their shitty attempt to beat steam, or at least create a platform that many games can be opened and played from. Also just go to cloud settings in Origin and turn Cloud syncing off. It will instead save all your achievements etc locally instead of on the cloud. Knowing EA they'll just mess the cloud up so it's better keep local copies of everything.

Also go into origin settings and disable origin in game Ive heard it messes up a lot

Users who are viewing this thread