[Help] Game crash's.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Body Bag

Body Bag

NRU Member
29 Jul 2020
Hi ya guys and gals, Has anyone experienced the following issue?

I get thrown out of the game and straight back to the desk top screen. I get no error message or any message stating i have lost connection to the ea servers. Its really doing my head in now.

It only seems to happen with battlefield, i have reinstalled all drivers and its still occuring,

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

did you have reinstallt the game? mean totaly reinstalled? also deleted the battlefield data in your registry?

@Lord-Bonaparte had a semilar problem here in this thread.

maybe its worth to try also the new beta launcher?

I have buddy, so far i have found the issue and by way of a factory reset, and a fresh version of windows and nvidea drivers, i have cured the severe lag issue. I have solved the issue of my second screen, but this issue is beyond me.

It just goes in a blink, as if the battlefield game and the origin that has to have you logged in, AND the web browser just get closed simultaneously. Straight to the desk top screen. Its positively infuriating.. lol, No error messages at all.

Assuming nothing on your pc is overclocked? I always find BF4 doesn't like oc'd stuff. Does single player work?

Has Windows updated recently? Have you tried going into the game the official way via Origin or through Battlelog?

A reinstall of the game may be worth a try. Uninstall it and then manually delete the folder. Then reinstal.

Had this a week ago maybe, did nothing.
After some days started working by itself

I too get that every now and then and my first check is event viewer and temps check. I do mess about with the OCs up and down, which I found makes no difference at all.
Before going all out with reinstalls try the game repair and see if it updates anything. So far have not found a real cure 🤷‍♂️.
My most common prob is forgetting to turn VPN off which still allows playing for about 10mins and then connection lost.

When you start origin if you see '' no friends '' or in the game at the loading screen if it sends you back to windows, try to check internet configuration and wireless settings. I had that kind of problem like 2 months ago, i could launch game but when i was about to join server, it was sending me back to windows. I reset all wifi settings and it came back to normal.

When you start origin if you see '' no friends '' or in the game at the loading screen if it sends you back to windows, try to check internet configuration and wireless settings. I had that kind of problem like 2 months ago, i could launch game but when i was about to join server, it was sending me back to windows. I reset all wifi settings and it came back to normal.
I'm hard wired in to my modem.

Has Windows updated recently? Have you tried going into the game the official way via Origin or through Battlelog?

A reinstall of the game may be worth a try. Uninstall it and then manually delete the folder. Then reinstal.
it was a flippin windows update that started it all .. Grrrr .. lol
I have done a full factory reset, had a computer shop reinstall windows and the DLL files the update knocked out, game deleted and reinstalled, origin removed and reinstalled,, the game hates me.. :LOL:

did you have reinstallt the game? mean totaly reinstalled? also deleted the battlefield data in your registry?

@Lord-Bonaparte had a semilar problem here in this thread.

maybe its worth to try also the new beta launcher?
I have tried everything buddy,, still i managed to get a few claymore kills last night before it kicked me,,lol

Reactions: glenwilson
Might be worth deleting punkbuster and reinstalling that too if you haven't already as that can let you in, start playing and then decides, nope, not today.

Might be worth deleting punkbuster and reinstalling that too if you haven't already as that can let you in, start playing and then decides, nope, not today.
its so frustrating, but i would rather play as it is now, than not at all, i had a good 17 minutes last night, :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Question about how you launch the game,

So I was helping @Body Bag because his game kept on quitting randomly and his game launches via battlelog if you launch it via origin.

For me when I launch it via origin I get the in-game launcher. Does your game launch via the in-game launcher or battlelog if you launch it via origin ?

the solution had been published for a month on the battlelog, but apparently it was recently removed, so here's the solution
Open Origin client and right-click Battlefield 4 and choose Game Properties. Go to Advanced Launch Options and choose Battlefield 4 (x86) and Save. Now fully close Origin and start it again. Then repeat the same process and change it back to Battlefield 4 (x64).

ps :
link to the solution : Infuriating problem , game starts to battle log instead of game menu....

ps2 :
wrong thread :)

the solution had been published for a month on the battlelog, but apparently it was recently removed, so here's the solution
Open Origin client and right-click Battlefield 4 and choose Game Properties. Go to Advanced Launch Options and choose Battlefield 4 (x86) and Save. Now fully close Origin and start it again. Then repeat the same process and change it back to Battlefield 4 (x64).

ps :
link to the solution : Infuriating problem , game starts to battle log instead of game menu....

ps2 :
wrong thread :)
that wasnt the problem,,lol, we fixed it and it breaks again,, there were files that should not have been there and files not where they should have been,, and I swear on my daughters life, i have not messed with anything, just downloaded the game and the drivers ,, i have just done a clean install of windows, and im currently progressing through the driver settings making sure they are all upto date,, i will keep you posted,, but im not gonna hold my breath,,lol, roll on the holiday sales..

Aaaannnd, 2 hours later STILL on the phone to micro - twats.. grrrrrr im now getting passed to a third person who should be able to help

If you have done these then ignore. If I have a problem like this I ask the wife as being completely technology illiterate she will suggest some obvious things that we forget about. Doesn't always work but has helped.

May be worth looking at the Windows event log to see if anything happens at the same time you get disconnected. If you have reinstalled windows and the game there is a hint it may be hardware related.

Might be worth running a 3D benchmark whilst running the Windows resource manager and a temp monitor whilst playing to see if there are any spikes or other symptoms. Also, try running windows in safe mode. You can get it running with a network connection but it limits some of the other stuff it starts up with, may help rule out either windows or may point to a hardware failure.

Whilst it may be a hardware issue on the motherboard it could be fixable without going the whole way of replacing everything. A while back I was getting connection issues (generally, not just with BF4) and it was the motherboard ethernet port that was borked. Disabled the port and used a wifi dongle and all was OK, installed an Ethernet card and all was fine.

I would before splashing any money take the PC apart, add new thermal paste and gradually add components back. Add the minimum you need to play BF and see what happens. If you get the same problem, swap the drives to another port, use a different lead, memory to another socket and so on. That would hopefully indicate if a port or some other component was was failing.

It could be that a soldered joint is failing when it gets warm and they are really hard to isolate.

Users who are viewing this thread