Friend of the stars

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
spoonymcspoons

spoonymcspoons

Friend of the NRU
15 Mar 2012
Well coco's. After a successful gig at the weekend with Bez from the Happy Mondays, i have finally got my feet back on the ground.
Bez was a top bloke, everything i expected and more. Wish i could say the same for his DJ who was a complete fucking tosser and was lucky not to get knocked out, not only by me but also from a few of the locals.
Anyway, the reason i am here again, is to give you the chance of listening to my latest mix. It's all tech house, sorry Jim. I did try and mix in Leo Sayer but it just was not happening bro.
Here's the link. http://www.mixcloud.com/michael-specky-magee-conely/glass-jaws-and-wooden-hearts/

Attachments

• 308068_4473593594158_988690438_n.jpg
    308068_4473593594158_988690438_n.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 62
FFS i did try lad. Do you have any idea how hard it is to mix Leo's "You make me feel like dancing" in to tech house? Not fuckin easy, thats all i'm saying. But now now its my mission in life to do a Leo Sayer mega mix just for you xxx

bez looks fooked, was he on it?

Interestin tune Spoony...I played the first 90 seconds and almost fell asleep lol , some cock whining on about human kind etc

fast forwarded it a bit....ffs after that it just plain hurt my ears

I salute your attempt at mixing though sir but that techno malarky not for me

give me some Duran or Bee Gees anytime lad

Chip, Bez was out his tree when he arrived and got progressively worse as the night went on.
Andy, The Roses, Mondays and The Charlatans were the 90's. I've seen The Charlatans about 15 times and they are ace live, got tickets to see The Stone Roses in June although i'm not really sure what to expect, i'd hate to think i'll go to the gig and be disappointed by their performance.
Spunky, it was a speech by Charlie Chaplin, from the film The great dictator. I liked it, i was trying to create an atmosphere.
Next time a have some free time, i'll do you and Jim a Duran Duran, Leo Sayer, Bee Gees and Bros mix

I know Sam, its inexcusable, it really is.

well it sent me to sleep ... and he was a borderline paedo, so bite me mr Chaplin

get on that mix spoony sounds top!

Who the fuck is that nobody in the pic with Mr Mixitup McSpoons ?

Sweet mix Mr Spoons I'm bopping away to it here now...TTTTTTUUUUUUNNNNNEEEESSSSSSssssss yasssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interestin tune Spoony...I played the first 90 seconds and almost fell asleep lol , some cock whining on about human kind etc

fast forwarded it a bit....ffs after that it just plain hurt my ears

I salute your attempt at mixing though sir but that techno malarky not for me

give me some Duran or Bee Gees anytime lad

lol spunky that's an inspirational speech considering that's the only time you will ever here Charley Chaplin speaking, and wtf, bee gees, you just lost some cool points m8.. stink nuggets aiming for your chin brother :D x

spoony > you take more requests? if you do i'd love a mix of beastie boys - sabotage + prodigy - omen + run dmc and jason nevil - it's like that :D

spoony > you take more requests? if you do i'd love a mix of beastie boys - sabotage + prodigy - omen + run dmc and jason nevil - it's like that :D

I'm busy this weekend mate got another gig. But as soon as i get some spare time i could do that for you. I'll use those 3 tunes and throw some others from each of the artists in as well. What about some Daft Punk as well? Certainly be more fun than doing Spunkys sounds of the 70's mix.

Last edited:
spoonymcspoons - What kit do you use, as I also DJ. I'm more house and trance though.

Users who are viewing this thread