fresh honey on the way

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
whao. thats a lot. are you doing this?
yea, my father and I. Yes, well comes out for a yera suplly, some years are worse, some better, this one is better, around 400 kilos in total. Just about to get him through the year and for bees to have their stash for winter. These hot summers are taking its toll on little ones..

Reactions: lakaelo
Dude my dream is to become a beekeeper!!! Although, you know, making a living off of it is difficult... So it's just a fantasy.. Do you sell the honey?

• Love
Reactions: Riot_co
Dude my dream is to become a beekeeper!!! Although, you know, making a living off of it is difficult... So it's just a fantasy.. Do you sell the honey?
well hthing is if you want to live off it, you really need large quantities and hunt for good positions for bees to feast on (transportation, and number of beehives) (we have around 70 beehives, which gives around 300-400 kg of unrefined pure honey) (for living you would need to go to 500 beehives minimum, and thats bare minnimum). The other thing is that they have their bad years and good years. usually in 10 year period you have 3 exceptional intak, 3 mediocre ones and tree poor ones. We had 3 poor ones in the row , and now it was mediocre. We expect next one to be mediocre to excellent, due to stationary position of bees. Also during the yeary the proces has become more expensive due to some ilneesses that have erupted in last couple of years thats plaging europes bee world (like varoa insects and such that destroy beehives). But one can always stock up a bit to have a reserve for bad seasons. Honey does have a long shelf life if stored properly.

We sell it as a home product in like registered local family farm product (special kind of small business that regulates small produce to be sold to individuals). So in conclusion, as my old man says, you goota love it to do it, but its worth it if you love it :)
edit: yeah Ch8nge, havent seen you on the balltefield lately, been waiting for you, are you afraid to loose those dogtags to me finally, I've been training (unsuccessfully) for you to come. the showdown, the day i finally have them.... THE dogtags :p

well hthing is if you want to live off it, you really need large quantities and hunt for good positions for bees to feast on (transportation, and number of beehives) (we have around 70 beehives, which gives around 300-400 kg of unrefined pure honey) (for living you would need to go to 500 beehives minimum, and thats bare minnimum). The other thing is that they have their bad years and good years. usually in 10 year period you have 3 exceptional intak, 3 mediocre ones and tree poor ones. We had 3 poor ones in the row , and now it was mediocre. We expect next one to be mediocre to excellent, due to stationary position of bees. Also during the yeary the proces has become more expensive due to some ilneesses that have erupted in last couple of years thats plaging europes bee world (like varoa insects and such that destroy beehives). But one can always stock up a bit to have a reserve for bad seasons. Honey does have a long shelf life if stored properly.

We sell it as a home product in like registered local family farm product (special kind of small business that regulates small produce to be sold to individuals). So in conclusion, as my old man says, you goota love it to do it, but its worth it if you love it :)
edit: yeah Ch8nge, havent seen you on the balltefield lately, been waiting for you, are you afraid to loose those dogtags to me finally, I've been training (unsuccessfully) for you to come. the showdown, the day i finally have them.... THE dogtags :p
Ohhh okay thanks a lot for the infos!!! 500 beehives seems a lot wow , I'll maybe keep it as a hobby then! And we'll see in the future if I love it 😁
Yeah it sucks for the bees!! All the illesses, pollution, and pesticides!

Hahaha sorry I wasn't very active these last days! Next week also because I'll be working night shift for my last week of summer work lol! Keep training!! 🤣 maybe I'll rage quit when you catch me like @Cockaparte made me

do you sell it only in croatia or also online? ;)
honestly we never sent it over the border, I will need to check if it it possible, ill swing by post office tomorrow and check. I would also need to check receiving country restrictions. But if its possible, sure I can send you a kilo, why not!

honestly we never sent it over the border, I will need to check if it it possible, ill swing by post office tomorrow and check. I would also need to check receiving country restrictions. But if its possible, sure I can send you a kilo, why not!

I am also interested :D

Holy moly! I've been laying off my coffee usage and switching to tea with honey. This looks and sounds awesome 😍

-Cant have tea wihout honey!

also interested in fresh honey! Nothing better than the pure stuff to use for cooking! :D

@Riot_co selling or more import restriction should be not given because you sell it inside the EU ( ok UK is fucked as always lol ). there are only restrictions when you import honey in the EU from a country outsite the EU. there you would have a restriction of 2kg honey.

When a chicken restaurant chain runs out of chicken and MacDonalds runs out of milkshakes plus other shortages you know things are going really well. At this rate the lawn mower will become redundant as we will need to let the grass grow so we can have grass sandwiches ( we are ok for bread as we have 20kg in stock and have water (at the moment)), grass soup, grass salad...

@Riot_co selling or more import restriction should be not given because you sell it inside the EU ( ok UK is fucked as always lol ). there are only restrictions when you import honey in the EU from a country outsite the EU. there you would have a restriction of 2kg
Yeah, no restrictions but for import. ok so here is how it stands. Postage comes out to around 80 kn (around 10-11 euro) for EU (GER, NED, FIN)(it mist be sent in paclage :/, standard kilo price is 40 kn (5.37 euro), half kilo 20 kn(2.69euro) I can repackage them to be in plastic container, making it safer and a bit lighter to send. But looking at the prices on line for your respective countries I think this comes out really expensive for kilo of honey. regardles, if anyone wants one or likes a good pure honey, I have paypal for money transfer for postage and we can send it out. Ill go tomorrow to buy some PET packaging in any case to have on hand.

• Love
Reactions: lakaelo and Akhara
Yeah, no restrictions but for import. ok so here is how it stands. Postage comes out to around 80 kn (around 10-11 euro) for EU (GER, NED, FIN)(it mist be sent in paclage :/, standard kilo price is 40 kn (5.37 euro), half kilo 20 kn(2.69euro) I can repackage them to be in plastic container, making it safer and a bit lighter to send. But looking at the prices on line for your respective countries I think this comes out really expensive for kilo of honey. regardles, if anyone wants one or likes a good pure honey, I have paypal for money transfer for postage and we can send it out. Ill go tomorrow to buy some PET packaging in any case to have on hand.

I would love to order some! When do you need to know how much? :D

Users who are viewing this thread