Fresh Bärlauch Butter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Bear's garlic maybe?
We have tons of that in the freezer. Butter, pesto and more. Can't smell it anymore, definetly not my favorite :D

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
I think for us that is wild garlic but is also called bear garlic and when fresh can be used in cooking. We usually have a lot in the garden (none yet as we are about 6 weeks behind areas further south) that was propagated birds. A good addition to stews, soups, roasted vegetables and so on and even in salads. Garlic taste but without the personal garlic aroma the real garlic gives.

As for pesto 🤢 I don’t like some foods but there are two things I never have,

1. Pesto - don’t know what it is but it just makes me feel and be physically sick.

2. Prunes. 🤮 They can make me puke at the thought of them. I have 🤮 at the sight of them. At a hotel, they had put some in the muesli which had yogurt on top so I didn’t see it. Managed to get out of the dining room before 🤮 otherwise breakfast fora lot of people would have been ruined.

• Haha
Reactions: ParisX
if ya want the best damn butter you can make, just add some chives and parsley on it. Perfect on a steak or on the potatoes straight out of oven :D

Nothing wrong with the food supply chain here. The wild garlic has just started to sprout so will be a little while before we could use it. “Molly”, next doors rabbit who occasionally appears in our garden should be nice and plump by the time the garlic is ready and will go well when roasted with it.

Is corona lockdowns already disrupting food supply chain so badly in Germany you need to eat stuff what grows behind your house? :D
Well here in spring, snails come out of EVERYWHERE , so , i got around 70 to 100 around my house, i could easily pick em and boil em and put a bit vinegar on the side :vamp: BUUUT i just protect them from my mom throwing them away cause, they stain her walls, so i transfer them to a nearby field with green vegetation, lucky fuckers ;p

Reactions: lakaelo
Well here in spring, snails come out of EVERYWHERE , so , i got around 70 to 100 around my house, i could easily pick em and boil em and put a bit vinegar on the side :vamp: BUUUT i just protect them from my mom throwing them away cause, they stain her walls, so i transfer them to a nearby field with green vegetation, lucky fuckers ;p
They are propably cursing you when they slowly crawl back to your house lol. :D You are never getting rid off them that way. I like animals too but i dont see point to protect disgusting pests what can be potentially dangerous to small children or pets or drunk bet heroes who can eat them. I saw some time ago in newspaper story about teenage boy who did eat snail raw becouse of drunk bet with friends. He got some kind of parasite thing from that snail becouse they eat rat poo. That parasite somehow damaged his brains and hes been permanently paralyzed after that... I cant understand how people can or want eat disgusting stuff like snails, no matter if its boiled well and should be safe. And whole world is now screwed becouse somebody in China thought bat soup would be fancy food.... :facepalm: After converting to Seventh Day Adventist Church some years ago im followed diet guidelines of The Bible. I think these things proves there is good reasons why God determined what animals are unclean and told us they are unfit for food.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ParisX

Users who are viewing this thread