For you younger folk out there - a few words of caution

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Once you got the car it wasn't that expensive but nowadays I doubt you could really do it on your own :(

Found this though - some 8mm movie we did.

1980 RAC Rally
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And my Mini

• Love
Reactions: Riot_co
Once you got the car it wasn't that expensive but nowadays I doubt you could really do it on your own :(

Found this though - some 8mm movie we did.

1980 RAC Rally

And my Mini

HAHA! The blue nr 57 mini! This looks like so much fun!
Also that mini is the one i was talking about being one of my fav cars. Much respect to you Glen for doing stuff like that! Looks like rly a lot of fun!
My dad used to race few Fiats 125 back in the day with his friends and also some motorbikes. He got me few years back a 50cc bike that im planing on fixing as soon as i grt back home and hopefully well bring her back to good shape and maybe we could get it road legal as a antiqe cuz its about 40 years old.

Also, do you remember maybe what year did that rally take place? I could try to look up some more stuff about it!

I have some stuff somewhere on it but will have to remember where it was. All I can remember was that we were not last. Nick, who used to co-drive, insisted on a full face crash helmet. Nick, also used to get car sick. 🤢🤮 in a full face helmet was not pretty.

Found some stuff though so guessing it was 1984. Also it was an old RAF airfield and not a tank testing place. Even fuel economy trials could be used for an international licence.

54AF029D D35B 4568 BA43 7EC64ECFAC8F 4DD701A8 0143 41F6 992E C12C26967453

I have some stuff somewhere on it but will have to remember where it was. All I can remember was that we were not last. Nick, who used to co-drive, insisted on a full face crash helmet. Nick, also used to get car sick. 🤢🤮 in a full face helmet was not pretty.

Found some stuff though so guessing it was 1984. Also it was an old RAF airfield and not a tank testing place. Even fuel economy trials could be used for an international licence.

View attachment 13236View attachment 13237
Haha Thats all so cool! You even had a rallying licence! Thats epic!
I know what having motion sickness means cuz im just getting over mine. I know few ways to deal with it without taking any meds so thats nice. (If nick wants me to share this tips i would be keen to xD)
Maybe one day ill have enough money to make something like that. We ourself here in Poland have few open (i think) rally competitions every year. We also have some stunt and drift events that i have been to. The atmospher there is always amazing!

This is the reason why I use a ten keyless keyboard so my arm can be closer together. And having a sideways mouse when I'm not gaming. My mom has carpal tunnel syndrome this is where the carpal tunnel where all your nerves pass trough in your hand closes up. So I have to be carfull with my hands. And take a break ever hour to just relax
here we go. having the same and sometimes its really bad feeling in the hands. i have it more in some periodes. just atm its annoying me for maybe 3 weeks but i also missing my therapy so i don´t do anything against it atm.

@glenwilson
for me this things helping me a lot and they are normaly really easy to use/handle.

i use this things to give the nerves more rest. you can found tons of them at amazon so i guess you can find some in your sice.
Amazon product ASIN B003BEECTC
even more helpfull is some kind of exercise. just in the beginning its very painfull but also very helpfull. doing this regular for some dsays and you should get some good results.

i am doing this exercise ( stretching the hand into a 90 degre angle ) mostly in the evening in the bed because we have a sloping roof over the bed and its easy to press my hand against the roof.

here we go. having the same and sometimes its really bad feeling in the hands. i have it more in some periodes. just atm its annoying me for maybe 3 weeks but i also missing my therapy so i don´t do anything against it atm.

@glenwilson
for me this things helping me a lot and they are normaly really easy to use/handle.

i use this things to give the nerves more rest. you can found tons of them at amazon so i guess you can find some in your sice.
Amazon product ASIN B003BEECTC
even more helpfull is some kind of exercise. just in the beginning its very painfull but also very helpfull. doing this regular for some dsays and you should get some good results.

i am doing this exercise ( stretching the hand into a 90 degre angle ) mostly in the evening in the bed because we have a sloping roof over the bed and its easy to press my hand against the roof.

:ROFLMAO: :peed: Thanks for the advice. I will give you 1 guess as to what I ordered this morning! Not that exact one but very similar to that one! Are you sure that isn't an onlyfans video before I look at it?

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
:ROFLMAO: :peed: Thanks for the advice. I will give you 1 guess as to what I ordered this morning! Not that exact one but very similar to that one! Are you sure that isn't an onlyfans video before I look at it?
would not moan when the blonde one would do the exercise with a little less clothes. just for medical reasons of course.

good when you already ordered. when you can sleep with that thing its a good time to use the bandage too.

Reactions: glenwilson
Important stuff, thanks Glen.

I worked from my home office 1995 - 2019 and was lucky to have ergonomic equipment (and upgraded when stuff became better) during the whole time. This includes every item more or less incl. monitor, mouse, chair etc. But also two desks, one regular and one elevated/adjustable; the latter for computer work. Something which may not be an obvious enhancement: a 4 cm thick ”semi-soft” floor mat to stand on when doing computer work; supposedly good for the back.

One thing to remember is of course also to be mindful about the neck angle, especially during prolonged sessions with the computer, tablet, phone etc.

I’ve had successful lower back surgery and neck surgery but still have a bad spine in these areas (as evident from MRIs) but according to the orthopedists this can mostly be blamed on ”bad genes”. Still, had I not had the stuff described above it may very well been worse.

Reactions: glenwilson
This is something so many people don't care about or give it a second tough. But I'm quite skinny and my joints aren't that good. So I was told to be carfull with anykind of repetitive stress injury. Because of my meds I have a weird habit/tick where I grind my teeth and bit to hard on my teeth even in sleep. After having this for 5 years or so im now having a appointment to check up on my jaw since a couple weeks I can barely move it and it locks and hurts a lot. Besides being painfull and deeply annoyin it also causes me quite a bit of anxiety. So I'm now extra carfull about my position and stuff.

Also keep in mind teperature changes. When i hold my cold beer in right hand it starts freezing, so its time to switch hands. Keep your hands warm guys.

• Haha
Reactions: Ch8nge
Been using the wrist brace at nights and at times during the day when I am not doing anything for about a week now. Whilst I still get the numbness occasionally it is definitely better than it was.

Been using the wrist brace at nights and at times during the day when I am not doing anything for about a week now. Whilst I still get the numbness occasionally it is definitely better than it was.
did you also do the excersice??
bringing me a faster result but also more pain while doing it because you should really overstretch you wrist to the point you feel the pain and hold it there as long as you can take it, so that the tendons and ligaments get more freedom of movement. and its sooo nice when the pain is gone after that lol

Also keep in mind teperature changes. When i hold my cold beer in right hand it starts freezing, so its time to switch hands. Keep your hands warm guys.
Good point, especially while gaming it's important to keep your arms and hands warm. Also take a walk every hour or so to prevent deep vein thrombosis. It's known for years that truckers can die because of deep vein thrombosis from prolonged sitting. This also applies to long gaming sessions

bringing me a faster result but also more pain while doing it because you should really overstretch you wrist to the point you feel the pain and hold it there as long as you can take it, so that the tendons and ligaments get more freedom of movement. and its sooo nice when the pain is gone after that lol

Actually was funny to watch the video, because I do both excercises before and after climbing :) and actually in between

No - have been afraid to watch that video! :D But I will do.

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread