For Boston

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sweney

Sweney

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Maine
hi guys im sure you have heard about the bombing at the finish line of the boston marathon. this one hits close to hom i live only 2.5 hours away and boston is a special place for all of us sports fans in New england. i just thought id share some great stuff ive seen since this all happened on Monday,
[video=youtube;MNwKRpCDDAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNwKRpCDDAc[/video]
this video gets me every time
this is "Sweet Caroline" a song played between the top and botom of the 7th inning at all redsox home games being played at our rival New york yankees ballpark in honour of boston
[video=youtube;wN807-wxPW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN807-wxPW0[/video]
just for comparison .. Red Sox fans sing this better
[video=youtube;18j3ZpZOjOY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18j3ZpZOjOY[/video] :)
I dont really know how to describe it this past monday was Patriots day in Mass. and in Maine. it is a celebration of the battle of lexington and concord and for me it is a great day because my Redsox play at 11am and i get to listen to them on the radio and something about them playing while the Boston Marathon being run has always been such a festive day for me. there are 30,000 to 40,000 red sox fans in town plus the 30,000 runners and all the spectators. i know i was feeling great when the sox won the game and not even 10 mins later i was brought to an all time low of hearing about the bombs going off at the finish line. it jut broke my heart and made me cry. i just thought of all those innocent people being hurt for no good reason. i saw a pic of a 3 year old boy with injuries from the blast and that just set me off man. these werent , military or anything just people there to root on family and friends most running for a charity or two. but one thing i can say about boston and the people that live there.. they are tough and resilient people and they will get through this. but my heart is saddened by such loss and tragedy in a city so close to my state and my heart

There are way too much nuts people out there....
We will never understand someones mind who bombs civilians.. :(

Last edited:
to induce a state of fear and terror. thinking that will get them what they want.

itys like my local morning sports radio show said they do this thinking people will live i fear and go hide but it does the exact opposite it brings people together. one thing ive always held onto is look at all the common people that went ran towards the bomb blasts to help out anyway that they can not knowing of anything else was going to happen

Or the bombers could be just mindless, motiveless maniacs that have no need for ideas behind their inhumane actions.. It's very tragic this happens and condemns innocent people just dealing with life peacefully.
The bombers are cowards and lowest scum for making children, women, elderly and families suffer. It breaks my heart.

You 100% right Sweney, they get the opposite effect - people become stronger. Talking from the experience...

too many fucked up idiots with an easy access to weapons is the problem

pgcF7ry.jpg

I'm not saying that picture's fake but the writing looks dodgy to me for some reason

Im always wondering why somebody who wants kill somebody don't do it like Dexter and point his rage to somebody who is bad guy, murderer or pedophile or other sick bastard and doesn't deserve live... Bombing is so insane stuff, you don't know who dies or gets hurt. :( These cases are always sad when random civilians get damaged.

Edit: I want make clear i don't accept violence. But in some cases i understand reasons why that happened if victim deserves it. It's not righ but if somebody total shitbag guy gets killed becouse of his own actions i don't care about it. But this case is different, victims are innocent random guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
just an update as ive been follwoing it all day via the tv twitter and my wife Kacey. last night the FBi released the pictures of the suspects and asked the public for help. around midnight the 2 suspects robbed a 7/11 convience store then shot and killed a MIT police office. they the hijacked an SUV and let the guy driving it go. they then went of a police chase/ shoot out / bomb / explosive throwing spree which ended in a gunfight which left the oldest brother dead and the younger of the two hiding. The Boston Mayor aasked for all of boston to hoe up in their houses until they said it was safe to leave. then the FBI Boston PD and Swat / tactical teams swept the area known as Watertown. around 7 or 8ish a homeowner noticed his Boats shrinkwrap had a tear in it with some blood on it aswell. he then phoned the police who came in and after a few hours were able to apprehend the guy and thats where we are for now. the other part that got me chocked up was the people of watertown came outside and applauded every swat firetruck and police car that came through the area. Bostons Finest deserved it for their bravery and commitment to serve and protect
[video=youtube;5B96kBlE6Qk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B96kBlE6Qk[/video]

I hope they get this bastard who did that alive like Breivik.

[Offtopic] Im always been intrested about serial kllers, mass murdererers, Hitler and SS-guys, school shooters etc so this is very interesting case. [/Offtopic]

"WHY IN FAKIN HELL?" would be my firsti question, but im kinda intrested what these guys think and feel and why they did things like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now i would like president Obama to apologize for killing 1 and injuring the other in front of their country of origin, and pay a compensation to their family.

Why? Cos they where activists of piece and human rights... Just like he made my country to do... ffs what a bullshit

Sorry Sweney, and i feel sorry for the innocent victims of the tragedy

AW: Re: For Boston

too many fucked up idiots with an easy access to weapons is the problem

absolutely right. with there stupid weapon policy the usa have, they have same problematic high murder rate like some african developing countries.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/interactive/2011/oct/10/unitednations-development-data

because of this the usa have one of the highest homicides rates by firearms of the world. this data is very intersting and also shocking.

Attachments

• Homicides_by_firearms.xls
    119 KB · Views: 1
But there's a gun in every home in switzerland and they don't go out shooting each other? Plus with the history of this constitution the problem is more recent. I think if something should be more strict it should be how and why they end up in the wrong hands. It's like someone kill another using internet.. Solution kill internet and let noone have it that could save someone or defend with it.

And i hope usa could get their economy fixed. Too many americans suffering.

It's like someone kill another using internet.. Solution kill internet and let noone have it that could save someone or defend with it.
Apart from a gun is designed to kill people and the internet isn't so not the fairest of comparisons :p

Maybe we should stay away from the gun debate as there is a lot of strong opinions on each side and you couldn't bring full scale gun control to the USA anyway

the gun debate will never die sure guns were designed to kill people but i know many people who also use them for sport especially in Maine. I know one guy who has over 20 rifles/shotguns why because he is an avid outdoors man who hunts everything. i know many many more people with more then 1 gun. its the cocks who get the guns thats the problem but these assholes didnt use guns they used homemade bombs

- - - Updated - - -

Now i would like president Obama to apologize for killing 1 and injuring the other in front of their country of origin, and pay a compensation to their family.

Why? Cos they where activists of piece and human rights... Just like he made my country to do... ffs what a bullshit

Sorry Sweney, and i feel sorry for the innocent victims of the tragedy

Art mate you never have to apologize to me over anything like this.opionons are fine and sharing them is a good thing like i say i live in America but im not happy how the government is running my country

I know Sweney, i know what you mean mate, sometimes i just feel sick of that 2 faced politics.....

some people who do this just enjoy it ...... like football hooligans ,for example, they follow a cause passionately so ultimately they can kick the crap out of or knife or stamp on the head of some innoccent person who happens to support the other side .... same thing different "cause" .... years ago they used to enjoy watching people getting hung drawn and quartered , witch hunts etc because they were a little different ????
human nature is truly sick sometimes but isn't it good to know decent folk .....

my simpathy to all the victims in boston ..... what does break you makes you stronger ? (or more united as a community)

Users who are viewing this thread