Football WC in Brazil

• Thread starter General_Misery
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
One player I admire is Philipp Lahm, both on the pitch and off. Lahm is involved in many charity campaigns and events and has also established a foundation, Philipp Lahm-Stiftung, to support underprivileged children etc.

the best thing about lahm is that he has only one bad game in one year. this year it was the one against usa.

In the first minutes the Brazil fans booed the German team, in the last minutes they cheered for them!!! :)

Last edited:
Way to go Germany. I'll be rooting for them now! That was awesome

What was impressive about Germany was that the goals all looked "easy" in that some looked like a tap in and others were good shots but nothing fancy. Despite being five down some of the Brazilians were still trying to be tricky whereas the Germans just did what looked as though they had practiced so many times it was second nature. I've seen pre-season games that looked like that where a Premier League team plays a non-league team and just routs them.

Just hope Germany haven't used all their "luck" up in one game and fail in the final.

the only thing that could stop us now is that the players might be a little over-optimistic after such a game.

the next team won't be that easy to beat, cause it will be holland. and they got a team manager who is a tactical "feier" beast :)

really got no clue how argentina get so far .?.?

we have to beat them. yesterday i saw the baddest game of the wc till russia iran. boring as hell. both didn't dare to risk anything.

usually a final isn't a very beautifull match to look at

and there weren't very much outstanding matches

sooooooooooo be it !!!

Even if the WC ain't over yet it has left me with some nasty after-taste after reading about exaggerated patriotism and almost a belief in national superiority on various sites during the tournament. I'm not being smug, it happens here too and I detest it.

Spamming again...

Dirk Kuyt is another really good footballer both on and off the pitch. And, he's also into charity: Home | Dirk Kuyt Foundation

Bonus points for continuing without any fuss last night after being stapled in the head :)

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Attachments

• 10394640_679750402099382_6414686882976013017_n.jpg
    10394640_679750402099382_6414686882976013017_n.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 38
happy end at least for germany :D

i have to say that i didnt believe at the beginning that we have a fair chance to win this :eek:

To conclude finally (and I think it is oh so true, despite it is being a fun pic :)

For the non german speaking Cocos....It says: Here you see the best goalie of the tournament and the best Player of the tournament.....on his right you see Messi ! :)

Well deserved title this time....finally !!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread