First Impressions About The Bf1 Beta

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
An empty tank is nothing more than a collector of road kill but when full... You need to use the third person view.

Aircraft are interesting and have similar properties to real flying where pulling a fast turn will starve the engine of fuel and steep dives are hard to pull out of.

I think there must be beta testers of cheats playing but countermeasures will also be developed. Maybe they are already being watched and detected but no action being taken.

Though not bug free it was stable and generally good.

Had another go at BF1 and and I can't put my finger on it but I'm not convinced - yet. If they don't change it up to the final product I may even consider returning the game. One major concern I do have is many weapons/vehicles op status IMHO which brings a deja vu feeling of boring rounds in some current BF maps with skilled heli/tank whores (n)

Reactions: glenwilson and Mr.X
Had another go at BF1 and and I can't put my finger on it but I'm not convinced - yet. If they don't change it up to the final product I may even consider returning the game. One major concern I do have is many weapons/vehicles op status IMHO which brings a deja vu feeling of boring rounds in some current BF maps with skilled heli/tank whores (n)

I know what you mean, it doesn't seem like the game has evolved from BF3/4 (ignoring the era it is set in) but has a new feel to it for the sake of being different. The Google Earth zooming in seems unnecessary and it seems to take ages getting into a round (which maybe a beta thing).

Having only one map doesn't help get a feel for the game either. Only had a quick try at rush and that wasn't too bad. With limited weapon choice and little upgrades to them at the moment, that doesn't give a true feeling for the game.

The beta rounds seem quite quick too so you don't feel as though there is much of a round before it is over. That map seems to be far to big with flags generally cluster along one edge. Seems a lot area wasted.

Last edited:
I know, still only beta, but one surprising thing is the quite sluggish response of movement with your soldier; resembles BFBC2.

Oh, I've also looked at the hardware requirement spec. and my pc is not adequate. Not motivated to upgrade for the sake of this game.

I'm sorry to say that it gets more and more unlikely that I'll play BF1.

However, BF3 and BF4 is still fun so I'll see you there! :)

Thats right, the movements are quite "bumpy", it always takes milliseconds longer to turn, run, crouch etc. than I am used to from bf4. New learning curve for the movement. In bf4 i can run blind now and still know what my soldier is doing.

Adding up to things I like: No plane autoheal (not sure if same goes for tanks), you have to fly a straight line (impossible in dogfight) and cant just dodge bullets until fully repaired. Repairing takes too long though.
Another thing is the super funny bayonet charge where soldier sounds like fortuna tbagging but the impact is deadly and its actually hard to shoot them even if you see them coming.
As for melee, the shovel was actually the deadliest weapon in ww1, more (also pre-wounded) soldiers died from the shovel than from bullets. Cruel but fun to slay ppl from behind even though i liked the silent stabbing in bf4 :)

Some work to do for dice, but it will be an awesome game once patched

Reactions: 82juggernaut82
They will fix some of stuff. This is only beta.
But i think its too much battlefront than battlefield. Maybe im wrong.
The game looks nice, runs quite smoothly. Couple fixes and will be fucking amazing. I cant wait untill final product.
--- Post updated ---
P.S. I will always back and play bf4.

same here. think there are some things to do if the game will be released but atm i like it. even more the "teamplay" is such important. you need you hole squad to defend or attack a flag its nearly impossible that 2 skilled player in a heli ( plane in BF1 :D ) or tank killing every enemy.

we will see how the real game is and even more the other maps because this one is a vehicle map mostly.

Reactions: 82juggernaut82
I am so excited for the infantry only maps or maybe tdm in a sniper unfriendly map :D

also weapons and upgrades! curious to see what shit kind of "turkish soldier's grandma's rusty sawn-off shotgun" weapons they will introduce :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Cancelled my pre-order, can't see how the beta can become something that can whet my appetite (n)

I know but my objections are beyond netcode, glitches and such. I simply don't like the feel of it.

May buy it later perhaps... ;)

I know but my objections are beyond netcode, glitches and such. I simply don't like the feel of it.

May buy it later perhaps... ;)

I know what you mean. The beta is quite limited in maps an game types so it doesn't give a great impression. I'll try it and then and if not convinced then return it.

personally i found the game FING awsome XD managed to shoot Down three bombers with field artillery before the OBT ended XD
god damn i wish i had the Cash for it --_--''

Users who are viewing this thread