First Impressions About The Bf1 Beta

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
saw some of us playing the beta since yesterday so i am curius about you first impressions and experiences. do you like the game?

what i can say so far. its a very good looking and good playable game. even the beta grafics are not the same as the finished game. horses are a lot of fun to do roadkills with them. :D sadly, armored vehicles are too overpowered at the moment, think its because the soldiers haven´t unlocked proper weapon against them. but i think they have to change some settings at the tanks before the release. if there is a heavy tank camping in some open area before a flag there is not any chance to do something against them or even more, to destroy him.
any chance would be a planer or a other tank but on foot, no chance.

the current map is really huge....but that is the point. its too huge. don´t get me wrong. its nice to have a huge map but what is the point to drive or ride ( horse ) over the half map thrue a empty desert to the next flag?!? this will end up that the hole fight will be in the middle of the map at the 3 flags near by.

ok, tanks are op at the moment but if you are in cover somewhere in a town or between house you can really good fight as infantry. but there is a other "problem". snipers, sometimes i think the half of the guys are playing sniper. lol atm sniper class looking very good. long range kills are everywhere and its easy to use.

No code and no open beta either. Early enlister and insider all show correct info yet...

OK, now found the beta and downloading. Comments soon!

Played a few rounds of conquest and one of rush.

Conquest seems to be chaos from the rounds I played on that map. There doesn't seem to be any structure and squad play seems to be a bit lax. Rush however was a much better experience overall. I don't like the menus and deploy system - just seems fancy for the sake of being different. Obviously this is a beta (really? :) ) but does look and feel a bit earlier in the dev cycle than some of the in-game play videos. My PC is about 3.5 years old with a GTX670 and I felt it played the game pretty well. Didn't come across any obvious bugs which I thought was quite a good indication.

It is different to BF3 and BF4 and with limited weapons but I'm a little on the fence as to what I think of it at the moment - almost has a Hardline feel to it.

How do you join friends? I see people playing but there didn't seem to be an option to join them other than an invite. Probably doing something stupid.

How do you join friends? I see people playing but there didn't seem to be an option to join them other than an invite. Probably doing something stupid.

I just clicked on the big picture of laka and it joined his game.

Alpha map was Saint Quintin scar this was far better than Beta Sanai desert, but there seems to be an overall armour fest thing in both maps :(
Also game actually run better in Alpha for me the Beta Fps now are worse lol :)

But you have to look at game dynamics you can run and jump over bigger walls etc more realistic movements, it is a better game than BF4 an evolusion.

So can someone who also played 1942 tell me if BF1 has the 1942 experience/gamestyle? Or is it just crappy BF3/4 style? (And I dont mean the Graphics)
Everyone who has played 1942 will know what I mean!

Reactions: tousledmonkey31
saw some of us playing the beta since yesterday so i am curius about you first impressions and experiences. do you like the game?

what i can say so far. its a very good looking and good playable game. even the beta grafics are not the same as the finished game. horses are a lot of fun to do roadkills with them. :D sadly, armored vehicles are too overpowered at the moment, think its because the soldiers haven´t unlocked proper weapon against them. but i think they have to change some settings at the tanks before the release. if there is a heavy tank camping in some open area before a flag there is not any chance to do something against them or even more, to destroy him.
any chance would be a planer or a other tank but on foot, no chance.

the current map is really huge....but that is the point. its too huge. don´t get me wrong. its nice to have a huge map but what is the point to drive or ride ( horse ) over the half map thrue a empty desert to the next flag?!? this will end up that the hole fight will be in the middle of the map at the 3 flags near by.

ok, tanks are op at the moment but if you are in cover somewhere in a town or between house you can really good fight as infantry. but there is a other "problem". snipers, sometimes i think the half of the guys are playing sniper. lol atm sniper class looking very good. long range kills are everywhere and its easy to use.

Saint Quintin is a lot smaller than this but we'll have to wait and see on other maps (y)

So can someone who also played 1942 tell me if BF1 has the 1942 experience/gamestyle? Or is it just crappy BF3/4 style? (And I dont mean the Graphics)

give it a try fpr yourself. you can download the beta in origin now for free. just 8GB and i can say i like it. for me its totaly different to the last games. but you can already see its more based on teamplay. if you will win or play some good rounds you have to play as squad even in a tank. now in the beta its mostly a chaos with some unorganized gaming and with that its hard to survive.

i played some minutes with andy in a squad and its way more fun and easier if you get support from your mates.

here you can download the free beta. Demos und Betas – PC-Spieldemos kostenlos spielen | Origin-Spiele

Reactions: AndyS40
Sascha, exactly my thoughts in your intial comment and in the one about BF1942 vs. BF1 (y). I may add that I had some problems in quickly (before being killed lol) distinguish between friend and foe...:oops:

I feel it's become too console fps like, since BC2 all guns feel they have very little recoil, I just don't really like the gunplay.

Reactions: Mr.X
The planes don't have TV rockets anymore and my infrared optics dont work lol

It's a lot of fun, but there are huge balances to be made. Tanks camping in the desert are almost undestroyable, sniping is far too easy, little details that i hope ea will fix.. Other than that, good fun! Can't wait to see all maps!

By the way, I feel like there are real BF1942 moments, and other moments when I think they took too much of BF3/4 into this game..

Played again after my first look and felt it was a lot better. Hate the interface, deploying seems to take ages. Weapon upgrades will be interesting. In the beta I was getting cash to unlock upgrades with but I do hope they don't start gouging by offering in-game purchases or making certain upgrades so expensive you have to buy if you want them.

Sniper rifles are powerful, I managed to take out a plane with one. Tanks with about 6 folk on board are hard to get rid of and the C4 things seem useless. The medic needle thing is also a bit silly too. Wonder if they have gone a bit too realistic with some of the equipment. The cars/trucks have so much oversteer it is unreal. When your on a horse it looks as though you have been at the gin and are just ratted!

There were a few players I thought could have been beta testing BF1 and cheats at the same time but probably just being suspicious. :)

So today I had the chance to play the Beta for two, three rounds. I was surprised the graphics and vehicles reminded me at 1942. Flying the old "Doppeldecker" or driving the old tanks etc is nice. Gamestyle reminds me on on BC2 what is not a bad point at all. A bad point was that one round you couldn't even get out a base because of spawncamping snipers and tanks and on the second round there was a player in tank who seemed to see through walls, he got you whereever I was hidden. That all gave me a bad mood and reminded me why I stopped playing BF games.
So at the moment I don't think that I will buy it, I don't need that raging anymore...
(And my old PC could hardly handle Bf1,so I would have to buy a new one)

Last edited:
A bad point was that one round you couldn't even get out a base because of spawncamping snipers and tanks and on the second round there was a player in tank who seemed to see through walls, he got you whereever I was hidden. That all gave me a bad mood and reminded me why I stopped playing BF games.

Don´t judge the game about that in the beta. even me, and i have a big big skin, getting pissed about that. but we have the same in every other beta or alpha. you would be impressed how nice the gameplay is on our bf4 server now with all the plugin we running now. i guess the same will happend in bf1.

and how you said, this new gameplay is very nice and i really like it. yesterday i had some decent time in the heavy tank with glen and really killed some / lot of guys till we got wrecked. BUT, and that is really the point impressed me. this was my first time as tank "pilot" and before that i said the heavy tank is totaly OP but now i have to change my opinion. yes the tank is very strong but as tank driver you are totaly in the hands of your copilots. first you can´t see a shit as driver, this thing is soooo fucking slow loool and its hard to drive around or even circle this thing around corners. that means, if the tank is full with all copilots its really a hard enemy but if not, its a easy target because its slow as a slug. because of that, its also not possible to drive from flag to flag with that thing.

however, i think this map is not the best choise to run it as beta. its a bit of a sniper fest because you have spots all around to camp as a sniper and get some easy targets.

but i do really like the new gameplay and i see some changes that will come ( lower speed of the small trucks and so on ) till release. try the horses and they are amazing. funny and nice gameplay riding them. so if we really can run our own server with our own rules, settings and so on, this will be a amazing game.

Reactions: Mr.X

Users who are viewing this thread