Falkirk Wheel

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Near me is the Falkirk Wheel is a boat lift which replaced 11 canal locks. It joins the Forth and Clyde Canal with the Union Canal. As it wasn't raining I thought I would go and gave another look as it was a while since I had been there. Filmed on my DSLR and GoPro (using the gimbal). The canal also links with the Kelpies.

The official web site is here: The Falkirk Wheel: A great day out in central Scotland

[video=youtube;etDuF6S4JFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDuF6S4JFo[/video]

Had to edit folk out as they walk in front of camera. I'm far from invisible at 6'2" and **kg plus a big camera and they walk in front whilst saying sorry when it probably would have been easier to have walked behind! I know it is a public place and I try and avoid going in front of people taking a photo but... :D

This and the Kelpies were in a TV show:
Great Canal Journeys - Channel 4 Episode 4

There are bits of waffle in it but the canal passes about 1.5km away.

Oh you are right. Should have been ***kg ! :D

Also took a few photos though I mainly wanted to try out some video stuff. Proves we do sometimes have the sun even if it is a bit cold!

Attachments

• Falkirk Wheel.jpg
    Falkirk Wheel.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 28
Appropriate name for a lot of the people that live there ( I don't, just near by :D ). The Shell Suit is still considered fashionable and Bucky is the drink of choice.

Near me is the Falkirk Wheel is a boat lift which replaced 11 canal locks. It joins the Forth and Clyde Canal with the Union Canal. As it wasn't raining I thought I would go and gave another look as it was a while since I had been there. Filmed on my DSLR and GoPro (using the gimbal). The canal also links with the Kelpies.

The official web site is here: The Falkirk Wheel: A great day out in central Scotland

[video=youtube;etDuF6S4JFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDuF6S4JFo[/video]

lol you bloody scots are efficient! but crazy! XD but what can you expect from a nation of Haggis loving whisky sniffing fannys :p XD

Seems as though it was designed by a team led by a Scot (using Lego to prototype it) but it took the English to make and build it. So if the vote for independence was a "Yes" I would expect the English to say "Can we have our wheel back, please?"

:D

Users who are viewing this thread