Eierfrikadelle mit Bratkartoffeln und Salat

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
This is food i understand and like (y)
Add a bottle of cold beer 🍻

That looks ravishable (thats one for google translate :giggle:).....what is it ?.....the first picture looks like tuna but its obviously not :unsure:

Last edited:
was hoping frikadelle with bratkartoffel is a international standard loool

so here we go.

starting with making a frikadelle with egg inside:

500g chopped Meat ( half and half beef/pork ) ( in german "gehacktes" :)
4 eggs
6 boiled eggs
onions
mustard
old white bread / breadcrumbs
different spices

with all this you start make a good smooth mixture. old bread soaking into milk and mix it all together. spice up more and more and taste it again and again. eveni with the eggs you hafe to try how flowing it is and if you need some more breadcrumbs to make it a bit stiffer.

after that just cut the eggs into half. take a little handfull of meat and form it into a little "bowl" for the half egg. now again meat on top so you have a meatball with the egg inside. shall be enough for 5-6 frikadellen.

now its time to fry them in a pan with enough oil so they can cook right so you get a nice brown color but not burned or overcooked and dry. also you have to look at the sites so it not raw anymore. but all in all no big deal.

i guess bratkartoffel ( roasted potatoes ) isn´t necessary to explain and there are a lot nice recipes too.

Thanks. We can get frikkkkadelllalalllll (or however you spell it - cut and paste is being annoying) in the shops but without the eggs.It is a little bit like a scotch egg variation. Will get some vegetarian mince and try it.

Where is that - really would want to try the Hungry Man size! :D

I think many decent restaurants in Austria, Switzerland and Germany (and neighbouring areas) offer this as standard dish. Made from veal and with delicious and crisp breading floating above the meat - 😋

Users who are viewing this thread