dog cam

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
just got mine new cam today and its just brilliant for that price. comes around 105.- € . lot of adapters and all in a pretty nice quality.

[video=youtube;3w-sprrTEE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w-sprrTEE0[/video]

guess i make hoemoffice at friday so i can make a first test outsite with the new dog fetch.

found the first problem with my new cam. its filming in .MOV format. that is a problem because my adobe premiere can not work with .mov what i recognize yesterday.

so i tried some .mov converter to convert it into a useable format but all this converter i tried are just crap. either they are compress it so hard that i loose too much quality, or the audio is broken or both lol

any suggestions for a good .mov videosoftware ( running at win ) or a good video converter? glen??

And there was even a nice soft cloth to blow your nose in :) lol

........teo runing away

Last edited:
Not used Premiere for a while but thought it would support .mov files. Have you installed QuickTime player ( Apple - QuickTime - Download and watch videos, movies, and shows. ) as it may need that to read the files.

If that doesn't work BINK RAD file converter Bink Downloads might be worth a try and it is free (or donation) and seems to get reasonable reviews from what I found. Not tried it so don't know. I use Final Cut Pro X on a Mac for video which copes with video from all the cameras I have - I know that isn't much help!

As for the camera, it could cost that amount of money if you had to buy all the mounts separately! Will be interesting to see the results once you get it converted.

Hope that helps.

i am getting old....

just realised that i forgot to install quicktime again after the win7 resinstall last week. :???: so thanks for the hint. lol was just pissed why this stupid premiere don´t work with quicktime.

of course this cam have a really nice set with all the mounts and adapters. also the first tests i done was very nice. now as premiere is working again i will upload some movies to show how it works. also waiting for snow so i can tacking the cam at the dog. ;)

On Amazon I can see the camera for £56! If it is as good at 1080P as the GoPro I'm getting one as a second camera. Even if it is not quite as good then it would be a good buy as a go anywhere camera.

Quite a few of the people I see when I'm working have now got GoPro cameras. Some use it for when they are walking and some use it for videoing their kids as it is less noticeable compared to a more normal camera (even a point and shoot). Something like this device would be great for kids or pets. Certainly wished I had one when we had the cat - usually as soon as she saw a camera she was off!

On Amazon I can see the camera for £56! If it is as good at 1080P as the GoPro I'm getting one as a second camera. Even if it is not quite as good then it would be a good buy as a go anywhere camera.

Quite a few of the people I see when I'm working have now got GoPro cameras. Some use it for when they are walking and some use it for videoing their kids as it is less noticeable compared to a more normal camera (even a point and shoot). Something like this device would be great for kids or pets. Certainly wished I had one when we had the cat - usually as soon as she saw a camera she was off!

have a look at the WIFI version. its nice that you can control and check the view over your mobile and its only a view bucks more. :)

Did think of that but as a second camera it would probably be just a fixed view so that may not be such a need for that sort of control. Let us know what sort of battery life you get out of it. GoPro on a basic setting with no WiFi can do about 4 hours of video.

Did think of that but as a second camera it would probably be just a fixed view so that may not be such a need for that sort of control. Let us know what sort of battery life you get out of it. GoPro on a basic setting with no WiFi can do about 4 hours of video.

same as my sony. on first try i got around 2 hours with the sj4000 and that is also the time you can read in reviews.

........teo runing away

lol you mean this noise in the video?? lol i don´t know where it comes from but i sounds more like a fart lol but it wasn´t hihi

Sorry Laka I mean nose not noise, in german "Und es gab auch eine nette weiches Tuch zur Ihrer Nase zu blasen" lol
hope I got translation right.

was it to early in the morning for jokes es war der kleine blaue Tuch ich meinte. lol

Good luck with your new cam hope to see some more stuff from your surrundings.

........teo runing away

lol you mean this noise in the video?? lol i don´t know where it comes from but i sounds more like a fart lol but it wasn´t hihi

Sorry Laka I mean nose not noise, in german "Und es gab auch eine nette weiches Tuch zur Ihrer Nase zu blasen" lol

was it to early in the morning for jokes es war der kleine blaue Tuch ich meinte. lol

ahh lol now i got it. hihi but its not for nose, its for polish the balls...

........teo runing away

ahh lol now i got it. hihi but its not for nose, its for polish the balls...

A bit small for that I think! lmao

have fun m8

first try with timelaps function. each second 1 pic. looks funny. :)

[video=youtube;g_jVwzI6Uys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_jVwzI6Uys[/video]

LOOOL you live in one of these speed in Germany mhuhahaha ..... :) , nice video laka ;-)

NO! You are driving on the wrong side of the road! I like the video as it gives you a good idea of the journey and scenery.

These small cameras give you the chance to do stuff that you wouldn't normally get to do with a DSLR or a normal camcorder without buying an expensive housing. With the quality of video from phones, these POV cameras and DSLRs you can end up with some really good holiday videos.

A picture every second seems to be a good compromise for time lapse. I've tried 12mp, 7mp and 5 mp images but 7mp seems to be the best compromise between image quality and space taken.

Thanks for sharing.

mhh tried the cam today and i wasn´t such amazed anymore. mosty i missed the antishake funkion from the sony. also the colors are not the best with a bit much of going into blue. however, still not bad for that price.

will take the sony tomorrow to compare the quality.

[video=youtube;0jaV9QxTVx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jaV9QxTVx0[/video]

[video=youtube;zlMW_4mcrVI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlMW_4mcrVI[/video]

[video=youtube;KbVRHr-aS6Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbVRHr-aS6Q[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread