do you think we can trust battlelog.co (revive BF2) ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
FortunaMagica

FortunaMagica

NRU Member
25 Mar 2012
Denmark
What do you guys think, are you gonna migrate ya account to them or dont you trust them ? ( seems to me the page updates a bit too slow but might just be slow connection :p )

we will have to choose whatever our server provider wants to join...

Our Heeds have to do some serious discussions i think

and i will not say that bf2 is dead so early we have to fight for it:D !

It's not up to us really, it sort of depends on what GD do

yes, and honestly it looks like they care about the same as EA at bf2...

so if you trust or not this "revive bf2" thing there is no other possibility to save your stats at the moment. the only point is to save your rank and stats in there. that had nothing to do with some possibilities we hopefully get in future to run bf2 on some way. waybe not ranked and over a own login. no body know and can say what will happened.

also possible that EA is giving a announcement on 30.6. to a other solution. nobody knows. customercare is a big bullshit in that case and we can do absolutely nothing at the moment.

we have to wait what our hoster gamingdeluxe is doing. they have to register on the "revive bf2" site as a provider and run the client. as they said they have registred but still not sure if they will run that because we are nearly the only customer who still runs bf2. so we can do nothing, only waiting.

Odp: Re: do you think we can trust battlelog.co (revive BF2) ?

we will have to choose whatever our server provider wants to join...

Our Heeds have to do some serious discussions i think

and i will not say that bf2 is dead so early we have to fight for it:D !

We have to fight, otherwise if we lose it will be the end of my meetings with you.
In bf3 I'm not going to play.
Maybe Polish vodka will give a bribe? ;)

Whatever it takes to maintain the server, we will do it without the slightest hesitation.

Please let’s do everything in our power to keep this unique Bf2 No Fly Server (and the outstanding gaming community that goes along with it) alive.

Is it just about the stats? Did I understood it right we still can play BF2 but without stats after EA stops the support?

Is it just about the stats? Did I understood it right we still can play BF2 but without stats after EA stops the support?

no, that is not sure.

it is only about the stats to register on this revive bf2 site. at the moment the only think they do is saveing your stats and ranks in there system. i dont know how it works and if you get your stats out there and swap it to another plattform if there will be one.

no, that is not sure.

it is only about the stats to register on this revive bf2 site. at the moment the only think they do is saveing your stats and ranks in there system. i dont know how it works and if you get your stats out there and swap it to another plattform if there will be one.

i personally dont care about stats, my concern is that when gamespy closes their providings then We wont be able to log into our game at all as you have to write in your username and password before you even get a chance to go on a server :-/ so im thinking if they close the provider we cant log in and if we cant log in naturally we cant play X_X

Basically what Fortuna said, either someone replaces the master server with a modded version of BF2 or maybe repointing the IP using hosts file etc etc or we all play on a virtual LAN on a server hosted by one of us :p

I have registered with Battlelog.co. The way I see it is, it might not mean much but its better than nothing and if and when the game goes belly up I dont stand to lose anything more than I would in the first place any way.!!!!

Okay so i registrered :) this is what they send me as response XD Hello =NRU=Fortuna_Magica, and welcome to battlelog.co!

Your registration was successful and your account information is below:

You have registered with the username: =NRU=Fortuna_Magica

You are the 5,064 soldier to register!

We have created a new player ID for you:

We have attempted to grab your stats and we found:
=NRU=Fortuna_Magica was found in our GameSpy archives. We linked what was archived (it may be out of date)

Your account is only active as a player. If you wish to become a server holder. You must have an email address in good standing. You do not need to confirm your account if you do not intend to host a server. However, if you are a server owner, please confirm by clicking the link below!

Battlelog.co

You'll live buddy, now get back to the fight!

XD love the subscript ill have to say "thanks i owe you one" if i get a chance, but from the looks of it atleast 5000 have registrered so far :)

I really wish they wouldn't have a half done site and stop using both sites really bad looking and annoying to use.

Also would be nice (being a good sized project) to be transmitting that data over SSL/TLS (admittedly we don't for login or registration). Though it looks like they're hashed and salted so not too much to worry about as long as they're doing it properly.

Basically what Fortuna said, either someone replaces the master server with a modded version of BF2 or maybe repointing the IP using hosts file etc etc or we all play on a virtual LAN on a server hosted by one of us :p

BF2 server will run on any crappy old pc does not have to be hi end, I hosted one myself when I first started playing for the lads at work, but in this day and age with security being at the fore front of everything it would need to be setup very well indeed, you would need a router with a DMZ facility and stick your server in the DMZ and control access from your internal lan really tightly, otherwise you will find your credit card being used all over the world and all your personal pics and vids plastered on facebook and utube !

Did a lot of LAN with my brothers (no ranked servers in SA and before we discovered the great NRU ^_^). LAN does not require online account but 2 concerns would be 1) Anti-cheating measures (I don't know how they work o_O), and 2) Weapon unlocks which appear to be directly linked to stats.

Users who are viewing this thread