Do we need other modes on the server?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
please give us your opinion about that.

we have the option now to change the mapmode, from normal, to hardcore, to infantry only at any map now. so its possible to play, for example a round golmud in normal conquest and the next round shanghai in hardcore. we could setup the maplist this way that we stay in normal conquest in mode maps most and put also maybe a handfull hardcore and/or infantry only maps into the rotation. so we have more variation in modes.

the only "problem" is that the votemap is not knowing and showing what mode you are voting. so you can see in votemap its golmud, but you can not see if you vote for hardcore/normal or infantry only. so its also a bit surprising when the next level loaded and there is no minimap and friendly fire on lol

what do you think about that?

Reactions: The_Hellr1der
This is something very interesting but not so easy to decide what to choose.

On the first hand, hardcore and infantry settings are always a great success and are largely enjoyed by the players according to the comments in chat. These settings are fun to play (especially because of friendly fire @We4re0ne ).:whistle:

On the other hand, like cockaelo said, it is not showed in the votemap which modes it will be and so which mode we are voting for. I think this "surprise" can make some players leaving after they discover that they are no more playing on normal settings. And so decreasing the population of the server after each change of modes.

Something else, I'm a bit afraid that it can make us lost a bit between all these settings, I mean we have a special wednesday with mixed modes (OB, R, and so on...) and a special sunday that can be everything else. And so even in normal times some players didn't even know there were special settings these days and they prefer to come back another day, so having such a permanent new maplist may surprise them even more. This can also decrease the interest and the wait of the current regular events (wednesday/sunday).

To conclude, I personnally really enjoy a lot hardore settings, but playing it one day (so during a special event) is enough for me, I'm not waiting to play it everyday which can bored me, and moreover if hardcore is in the permanent votemap we'll have lots of teamkill bans issues as it looks like impossible to desactivate this thing (each time we tried during each hardcore event, it never worked). :confused:

So I find the idea very interesting, but in my opinion, I prefer the current system, so everyone know what settings they are playing on and when, like a regular calendar. :)

Last edited:
I have to agree with Bona on this part : Something else, I'm a bit afraid that it can make us lost a bit, I mean we have a special wednesday with mixed modes (OB, R, and so on...) and a special sunday that can be everything else. And so even in normal times some players didn't even know there were special settings these days and they prefer to come back another day, so having such a permanent new maplist may surprise them even more. This can also decrease the interest and the wait of the current regular events (wednesday/sunday).

Is it an idea to use this mode on sunday?

Agree with the others. I really like hardcore and getting banned because of team kills, but it is cool to have it every now and then on a sunday.

I am personally not a huge fan of wild wednesday. Many of the modes are okay for one map, maybe another, but I always miss the normal conquest on a wednesday and therefore tend to play less on a wednesday.

The largest downside is to not know which mode it will be and I guess that might kill it. Would be cool to see something like "Golmud Railway (HC)" in vote, but if that is not possible, I am for letting it be on a sunday.

Reactions: leandre0310
I am personally not a huge fan of wild wednesday. Many of the modes are okay for one map, maybe another, but I always miss the normal conquest on a wednesday and therefore tend to play less on a wednesday.
that is already done. (y)there will be some more normal conquest maps in the wednesday maplist too. we have still 4 or 5 map slots free and they will be filled with conquest maps. so there will be really a mix of all modes on wednesday. (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: dcyper and We4re0ne
I still remember the dark days struggling to populate the server, and conquest is how it has evolved to the way it is today.
I have never been a great fan of special Sunday/Wednesday, but a change can be fun, like zombie mode although I wouldn't like to play it all day (being zombie is more fun).
We already have Sun/Wed for the novelty factor so leave the other days for conquest which is the servers backbone, where everybody knows whats happening, even though Carrier Assault has found its way into it,
probably my most hated mode, and try to avoid going to the carrier and running around trying doors :oops:.
Hardcore has some good and some bad like snipers everywhere including red zone, but then again my mortar is extra deadly with one shot one kill instead of two shells 🪖.

This bit has nothing to do with anything, I just wanted my post to be bigger than Bonas :ROFLMAO:
1612011434428 + 1612011507754 = 1612011623756

Last edited:
that is already done. (y)there will be some more normal conquest maps in the wednesday maplist too. we have still 4 or 5 map slots free and they will be filled with conquest maps. so there will be really a mix of all modes on wednesday. (y)
To clarfiy that, also @Lord-Cockaparte, I don't know exactly how it is now. Last wednesday I didn't had much fun to play Battlefield at all, so last week might have been what I ment. But that was more like the overall experience, so I have to see how it is going with new rotations.

Reactions: lakaelo
To clarfiy that, also @Lord-Cockaparte, I don't know exactly how it is now. Last wednesday I didn't had much fun to play Battlefield at all, so last week might have been what I ment. But that was more like the overall experience, so I have to see how it is going with new rotations.
this is the current wednesday map list.
+ 4 this conquest maps
  • hainan
  • dawnbreaker
  • paracel storm
  • rogue transmission
so we run 7 conquest maps also at wednesday and so there is always a good option to vote for.

1 Altai Range - R
2 Dawnbreaker - OB
3 Flood Zone - TDM
4 Golmud Railway - R
5 Gulf of Oman - CTF
6 Guilin Peaks - OB
7 Hainan Resort - R
8 Lancang Dam - R
9 Nansha Strike - R
10 Operation Firestorm - CTF
11 Operation Locker - R
12 Operation Locker - TDM
13 Paracel Storm - TDM
14 Rogue Transmission - OB
15 Siege of Shanghai - TDM
16 Sunken Dragon - Chain link
17 Dragon Valley - TDM
18 Pearl Market - CTF
19 Zavod Night - OB
20 Operation Mortar - CAL
21 Hainan Resort - CQ
22 Nansha Srike - CAL
23 Zavod Night - TDM
24 Golmud Railway - GM
25 Zavod Night - CQ
26 Operation Outbreak - R
27 Zavod Night - GM
28 Golmud Railway - CQ

so nice feedback at all. thats why i asked this question. :D my thoughts always going serverwise ( server population ) and this means, that conquest is still and always be the backbone of the server. but also seeing that other modes can be interesting too, so i just wanted to share that we would have the option to change something when its needfull.
the specials at the server, wild wednessday equal to the special sunday events, always showing that the server need a rest after this because its a huge impact to the server population and the server still need some days to going back into the intern battlefield ranking where it was before. thats means i am always fine with the events we already have. :D

I think most people join for the conquest maps judging the comments seen on Wed/Sun when it is different. Even after this amount of time there are still a couple of modes that pop up on maps that I have never played in that combination.

Will be about 4 years before you catch up with us 🦕

Users who are viewing this thread