Defending Uncap as commander

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
I recall when we talked about it before we once said no tank stealing....and I think now I know what the reason was. You had some funny guys who took the tanks and started a) Shooting around in base ("I was defending me") and b) who went to the assets with tanks and apcs (so completey covered).

I think if you are spec ops the usual strategy is clear...move in silently and move out after the bang as fast as possible. The risk should be high enough to be killed, so those guys in armours and apcs are of course well protected, dont you agree ?

I have written down 2 pages before what I recall was Status 2 years ago when I joined....no one confirmed me from heeds I am right nor wrong though.

:) Grey area....

Yeah THATS some brain-dead shit to "defend yourself" with stolen tanks/apcs in the enemies uncap. No mercy for their ballsack faces.
For most of the rest its like in real life - the judge has to stick to the laws, but has the last word.

I know if Jim was commander or any other.clan member and they were silly enough to command outdoors away from protection I'd drop a vehicle on them.:) it doesn't say anything abouttt giving the other commander a vehicle as a present lol.. damn I miss cartillery!

The more I read the more confused I get. I've been kicked for "FIGHTING COMMANDER" for having a clay protecting me and for AT mines covering vehicles in the uncap. Its a bit of a grey area and to avoid it, I have to resign when I spot intruders, take them out and then apply again. Now Im seeing that I can protect myself and assets...............NO read that to me again Im still confused.

hey rizzie thats correct it can be confusing, but you must keep in mind us admins are just humans as well so we cant fly over the field and see if your fighting commander or just defending yourself and the assets, usually the only way i can check if someone is fighting commander or just defending themselfes is by opening my map and looking at the commander star, if the commander star isnt in uncap, i as an admin have to assume the commander was fighting commander and not defending him/herself, now thats okay but it only works with the commander on My team and not the enemies team FURTHER more it only works if my team has an uncap, so you tell me ? how do we find out whos fighting commander and who isnt ? (except ofcause by the obvious concent of and admin having to follow the team commander around on BOTH sides of the field during the entire round) so if you get kicked for fighting commander it might very well be a mistake, but its a mistake that the admin has done because he doesnt have the power to play and watch the entire battlefield on the same time.

Last edited:
What so grey about it????
You go into enemy's uncap to destroy assets - sneak in silently, destroy assets ONLY, and run away (preferably not in a tank). If I spot an intruder in MY uncap, as a commander or a simple player - i can kill the intruder with everything i've got (TANKS, APCs, COCKinFace).
What is the difference what role are you, and what you use, when defending your own uncap???

OF COURSE Helis and Jets are not included in active fight
Read the whole post Art pls....then you know whats Grey about it. I know what defending my assets means, being commander often enough....talking about how guys act in the uncap and leaving the uncap.

I can understand what Fortuna is saying but its frustrating to get kicked and not having done anything wrong. I got kicked for shooting down a chopper with igla from the ground when the pilot bailed, chopper explodes pilot dies in explosion and I get kicked for air combat because the game reports I killed him with the chopper. Life is not fair but hey thats the way the CRUMBLE COOKIES.

A simple solution, if I am not sure if a commander is fighting or someone did a airkill, I just give warnings instead of kicks. Most of the times the warned players explain what happened...

Re : Defending Uncap as commander

Hey,
I' ve got troubles too with a commander defending his assets in an APC in Great Wall: it was just impossible to destroy them !
Did I have to come to the uncap with a tank, wait for his first shoot and then, destroy the APC and kill the commander inside !?

And why does the Spec Ops have to leave the uncap as fast as possible ?
He may have to hide and wait for the best moment to escape ! It's not (always) a suicidal mission !
What's wrong with staying in the uncap base, killing nobody, being useless for his team except to spot ennemies getting out the uncap !?

And what about "armored-rapers" who play all map in armored vehicles ? What about Eryx or SRAW fighters in I/O server ?
I would forbid any soldier killing with the anti-armored weapons !
Clays, not AT but ON the flag... A lot of snipers are better clays setters !

I'm just getting more and more fed up with those kind of players !
Maybe because I grew up with infantry only games (CS, COD) where skill and brain are more funny than left-click button !

And well, I know about admin' job, that must be more difficult with a 64 slots server.
But, in my opinion, an admin is on a server first to get the rules respected. Playing is the second objective.
Is there a way to get the admin rights (and get the Kicking power !!!) not as a NRU member such as other players I could have seen ?

Last edited:
Spfliffy, with this comment I think you are alone...
And well, I know about admin' job, that must be more difficult with a 64 slots server.
But, in my opinion, an admin is on a server first to get the rules respected. Playing is the second objective.
unquote

We are playing too, it is an NRU Server and everyone else joining is a guest. So for me playing is the first reason for being on OUR Server. I wanna have fun....and do you have any idea how many times us admins have been killed while or because doing the admin Job while playing eg typing warning etc ? It sounds like we HAVE to be there and take care 24/7....no, rest assured, that is not the case.

BTW, I use SRAW also often against Infantry, whats wrong with that....I start sniping them :) and it's not always easy.

I Do!!! XD :p i can reveal i cant count the amount of times on my fingers :p XD

He may have to hide and wait for the best moment to escape ! It's not (always) a suicidal mission !

for sure you can wait for the best moment to escape. you have not to run our like a headless duck lol but you have to leave.

and if the commander is sitting in his APC the hole time then give some admin a info about that. a commander shout not camp into a vehicle somewhere.

for sure you can wait for the best moment to escape. you have not to run our like a headless duck lol but you have to leave.

it wasnt meant as an offense to you daffz :) xD

and if the commander is sitting in his APC the hole time then give some admin a info about that. a commander shout not camp into a vehicle somewhere.

except if hes a badger :p

Users who are viewing this thread