Dead Server Vs. Unadministratorable Server

• Thread starter tousledmonkey31
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
How about a chat message:

"Sugar free Haribos make you a better player."

That will keep them for at least 12 hours... :eek::LOL::ROFLMAO: once they take effect. May need to turn off inactive user kick but at least you know some parts of them will not be inactive!!

Reactions: Teofild
I'd suggest max k/d at, say, 1.5 in general and 2.0 on our server and include TDM and rush modes - maybe?

just to bring that back into the topic. some TDM maps are into the rotation in the evening if the server runs in ranked mode. for starting over the day it will start in normal vanilla maps but if need, everyone with procon can put this maps into the rotation.

about the KD limiter you can check your leaderboard in battlelog and there you can see the KD of all guys in your friendlist. in mine it showing up that the highest KD is 2,06 and even Loeft the old jetwhore have only a 2,0 KD. so its possible to limit our KD on the server and i will give it a try with maybe 2,3. so the really hard heli and tankwhores are out of the game i think. but this limiter will only work if the server is running in ranked mode.

so set the KD limit to 2,3 now and a accuracy limit to 40%. will see how it works. :D

also tested it yesterday to switch the server from official ( to fill it up ) back to ranked ( in the evening ) and it works ok. over the day the server was nearly full and for sure its emptied after the restart in ranked but also filled up again in the evening. so maybe this is a value to run and fill the server even more.

Reactions: tousledmonkey31
Last few days it has been fun to play on the server with some decent regulars now showing up. The silly weapons round was a lot of fun. There was a constant stream of players with enhanced abilities playing which made it less fun. We also see to attract a lot of vehicle experts too. That isn't too bad but some vehicles seem almost impossible to take out. And when you get heli and armour experts on the same side you know you are doomed!

My favourite comment though was something like this: "My dad will ban you when he comes on".

: "My dad will ban you when he comes on".

lmao i think i know who this was. lol

well, i can just echo that. you see more and more known names popping in. the only really annoying thing is that you need to run the server into official mode over the day to get it started early. most of the time i switch it back into ranked between 17-18 o´clock and this seems to work fine. because of the server restart it will empty but mostly its filling up again and runs fine with all our settings. :D

the KD limiter seems also doing his work. yesterday it kicked petr with a high KD and he moans about that to me in battlelog. lol sorry for that but he is also some candidate who runs a 40:2 round if he is sitting in a tank. lol beside of that it kicked some heliwhores and doing that what it should be.

Reactions: General_Misery
Last few days have been fun to play with some regulars starting to appear. There have been times when I've had to explain that the server is noob friendly rather than just for noobs. More time spent on the language filter too and most seem to accept it. The language filter is harder to explain as it does get upset with some words that are not offensive, like idiot, but are not encouraging for a newer player. 3500 tickets on conquest may be a little high though. :) TDM tickets depends on the map, some work well with 400 and 64 players. 100 can feel too few with a full server so perhaps 200 is a decent compromise? Overall though it has been a good experience.

Never thought I would get caught out by the k/d ratio but did today. Was in a tank near F on Golmond and got two 15 kill streaks so ended up at 30:3. It wasn't my fault as they kept running in front of me when I fired! To be honest I hadn't noticed I had been racking up kills because of the action. In the end I got kicked. I didn't rejoin until the round ended as I was quite pleased with my score and couldn't remember if you lose that if you do rejoin or if they still count but don't show. Could you just be killed and warned about your k/d rather than being kicked so you have a chance to play on foot or is that not possible? Whilst a little annoying getting kicked I think it is a good idea having that in place.

since 4 or 5 days the server is filling up in ranked mode. so, finger crossed, it looks like we had reached a new point on the server. also recognize a lot of regular names on the server and most of them are nice and friendly. not really see any morons between the new regulars. :)

the 3500 tickets was a bug. happened after i increased the TDM up to 200 tickets. no matter why and its never came back. so problems solved lol

the autokick for high KD-Round is a bit odd i know but i think its a good way to filter out the player we would like to have on our server atm. i think we all don´t want to play against this "Überkrieger" in there vehicles. that the reason because i set up also a KD limiter. you can not join our server anymore with a overall KD higher than 2,4. on the first view this sounds a bit low but you can see all your friends KD in battlelog and i have only 2 with a bit higher than 2. so this limit will really stay out the professional vehicle / heli whores.

back to the KD-Round limit. i raised it up to 7. so you get kicked if you have a higher KD than 7 after 30 kills. it is surely possible to change the "punishment" from kick to kill but i think this will kill the effect which that tool is working for. after a simple kick they get back into there vehicle and stay whoring. :D

and seriously, its hard to get kicked for that. will see how it works with the 7 KD and maybe raise it up to 8.

To be honest I never thought I would ever be affected by the k/d kick and it was a good reminder to think about how I was playing. As I said I was near F and they had a spawn point somewhere which meant there was a lot to kill (not spawn kill). :)

Monday night, server packed. someone was doing something right :D thanks laka for your testing and restarting and administration! :D

don´t thank me i just done the "settings". we all made this with being friendly, funny and giving the player a fair and nice attitude.

laka has made time to try different settings and that does seem to be paying off. Creating a place where someone wants to play isn't that difficult really, it just needs to be fair, free from abuse and other players need to feel engaged. Taking the time to explain that the language filter is there to stop abuse, not to stop banter does help. Yesterday there was a new player who hadn't got the bow and didn't know about the phantom tags. There were only a few players on so it was easy to add the maps and take the time to show them and help (unsuccessfully) find them.

Even small things like swapping a player if auto balance has done it's thing can help. The same goes for people making hacking claims. Check the player and then report back. It all helps. It is like the service you get from a company, sometimes it is the small things that make a difference and make you go back to the shop or company and the server is no different.

i agree. people appreciate admins caring for a friendly and fair game.

reviving the thread,
i had a player named norwegiansheep last night who was autokicked for farming (i didnt do anything cause i saw that this would happen) but then he joined again, got 25:2 heli kills and played as foot soldier for a while so he would get 28:6 or so and then back in the heli to farm again. Kicked him, he joined again, asked how old i am, that kind of bullshit. Didnt ban because he apologized after i explained to him what the server is about. Still, we have to keep an eye on him, he kept bragging about how he easily gets 100 kills in heli and its the point of the little bird. but generally a nice guy.

The point being, the server runs great and people love it. But sometimes there are players with 50 more kills than the next, had one with over 150 kills on locker yesterday. I think we agree that its just frustrating for beginners and casual players if someone is that good. Max rank doesnt make sense because you just get a new account. People are smart and learn how to avoid to get autokicked.

My suggestion: K/D over 6 (or less, like 4) after 20 kills (thats 20:5, still pretty good) may be more appropriate. temp bans should apply when people farm our less successful players? i generally have the feeling that people appreciate if admins warn, kill, kick baserapers, insults and farmers, thats like having some sort of police :D

so, any thoughts on this?

oh, and we should take the word "damn" off the language violation list if "cock" is allowed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

oh, and we should take the word "damn" off the language violation list if "cock" is allowed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
agree with that lol

reviving the thread,
i had a player named norwegiansheep last night who was autokicked for farming (i didnt do anything cause i saw that this would happen) but then he joined again, got 25:2 heli kills and played as foot soldier for a while so he would get 28:6 or so and then back in the heli to farm again. Kicked him, he joined again, asked how old i am, that kind of bullshit. Didnt ban because he apologized after i explained to him what the server is about. Still, we have to keep an eye on him, he kept bragging about how he easily gets 100 kills in heli and its the point of the little bird. but generally a nice guy.

The point being, the server runs great and people love it. But sometimes there are players with 50 more kills than the next, had one with over 150 kills on locker yesterday. I think we agree that its just frustrating for beginners and casual players if someone is that good. Max rank doesnt make sense because you just get a new account. People are smart and learn how to avoid to get autokicked.

My suggestion: K/D over 6 (or less, like 4) after 20 kills (thats 20:5, still pretty good) may be more appropriate. temp bans should apply when people farm our less successful players? i generally have the feeling that people appreciate if admins warn, kill, kick baserapers, insults and farmers, thats like having some sort of police :D

so, any thoughts on this?

i don´t like this "rules over rules" and even more, not banning someone for being good. i think that should be not our intension of our server. seriously, i am also get pissed by so skilled guys but that is the game. there is always someone better as you and how often we got such "übersoldiers"? maybe once a week or so and than they are only there for a round or two. most of the time you can talk to that guys too. we have also some regulars if they are in a vehicle they are a pain in the ass. but you can talk to them and then they changed there gameplay most of the time. i saw the locker guy yesterday and he was bloody good but not dodgy. so i have no problem at all, even more if other player also got over 100 kills.

on the other hand i found a ban today for baserape from our not named horse lol i don´t know why he got banned for that and not killed or kicked but like i said above. banning should be the very last option and i could bet he didn´t get killed or kicked before. :D however, i unbanned him today.

Last edited:
not sure if i understand the last part. one rule is no farming, and he is on, in heli again, 12:0 after a few minutes. everyone is pissed off cause he destroys the battlefield. i know that banning is last resort, but he intentionally looks how far he can go. i am very careful with kicking and banning, but this isn't fun anymore.. i am in the same team so not just raging because he killed me :D

not sure if i understand the last part. one rule is no farming, and he is on, in heli again, 12:0 after a few minutes. everyone is pissed off cause he destroys the battlefield. i know that banning is last resort, but he intentionally looks how far he can go. i am very careful with kicking and banning, but this isn't fun anymore.. i am in the same team so not just raging because he killed me :D

lol no, the last part was out of context. :D we have no rules against farming...only a "No farming" in the server description. this should help to handle some guys who won the hole map in a heli. just on sharqi it is sometimes the problem you have 2 mates sitting in a heli and kill everyone and everywhere because they are such skilled. i had that 3 maybe 4 times in the past that i kicked them with the message "no farming here" and if they comes back and starting the same gameplay again than they get the message that they have to stop that and at least, the get ban with the message "no farming".

this is just to save our server and have a nice balance because if you have such a player online all other loosing the fun and leaves and that is not our intension.

back to the unbanning for baserape. i want to say that there is no reason for a ban normaly. you can kill a baseraper and if he don´t get it, kick him next time and i really don´t know a lot of morons who doing it again that there is a reason for ban them for baserape.

Most players recently have been generally been well behaved and understanding and fun to play with. Had an odd one go on a rant and/or abusive language. I've enjoyed playing on the server recently even without NRUs playing.

Right! We are on the same track here.
What I generally wanted to say: Someone dominating the field gets warned, then killed and asked to go as foot soldier for a while. Most will understand.
I would not ban for this - what I would ban for though is someone with a salty attitude, repeatedly ignoring kills and kicks, or maybe even rage around. It's not about the "rule" then, its about bad behaviour. What I don't like is the cyka blyat attitude, purposely giving a shit about what admins say.
What I didn't realize is that "no farming" isn't a rule but rather a push in the direction of a fairly balanced server

Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread