[BF4] DarkRaven52 / KribyRudy Ban appeal

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
@DarkRaven52 don´t know why but you and your ban appeal was blocked by our antispeam tool. so i will repost it here in your name.

Ban Appeal - Autobanned for "racism"
- Which game? BF2, BFBC2, BF3 or other.
BF4
- What is your in-game alias/name?
KribyRudy
- What reason was stated with the ban/kick?
Racism
- Who was the banning admin?
Autobanned by console filter plugin (?)
- When was the ban issued/when did you first notice?
15th of October 2020, ~21:30 GMT +0200

- Why you think the ban should be lifted

I will be perfectly honest with you. I wanted to write a joke about the difference between jews and boyscouts. What's the difference you may ask? Boyscouts come back from their camps..

Anyway, I have been playing on your server for quite a long while, a month or so, and I am perfectly clear and agree with the guidelines against racism.

However, something that I am strongly disagreeing with is the following:

1) "Jew" is not a derogatery term. I can perfectly understand your reasoning as to why you put this up in your filter.
IMO It's still stupid, imagine a person from Poland saying in chat "I'm actually of Jewish heritage" only to get autobanned by racism.
But whatever, it's your server, your rules.
2) Consider this on a bit grander scale - a joke on a particular topic, let it be on a group of people or a taboo subject - does not a <insert type of discrimination>ist / asshole make.

Let me make this clear: I do not hold any negative views against Jews, blacks, people of color in general.

If you still believe the ban was justified, then I am really sorry that have caused you any harm.
I only request one more chance to play on your server, since I've found to have a lot of fun with the regulars on this server.

If not, well, then thank you for your attention and for giving me fun times for the last month.

@DarkRaven52
you are right, that just the word "jew" is not a racist or insulting word in any case. but to bring it back into a realistic consens and i think know the situation on some other battlefield server, the word jew is very rare used in a normal way. more 98% in a insulting and racist way.
that is the reason we have this word in our autoban list. if there is any "false positiv" ban and someone is just using this in a normal conversation and got banned, we can easiely handle that and unban the player. but the other 98% are fast done and all is fine.... ;)

however, you will also know that your "joke" is also a really dark one and also close to crossing the line to be racism, when not even just crossing it.

you could not know that using the word jew just will bring you a instant ban, but you know how NRU is handle such kind of things and bringing such "joke" into the chatbox was not really smart.

however, you are unbanned now to get a second chance.

Oh come on laka, the joke was so dark it's picking cotton... so what?

Humour should not be censored just because it is dark...

but I do understand it's not for everyone... just like food in africa.

Oh come on laka, the joke was so dark it's picking cotton... so what?

Humour should not be censored just because it is dark...

i am with you and i also like black humor.
but you have to know where you can use it and where you can share you humor. talking with your or friends or family is mostly no problem but at the end, they know its just meaned in a humoristic way as dark humor. for example using it on a server with other 63 player you don´t know is not the right way because someone can feel hurt by that.

lol thats what i mean. i know its you and i know you having a dark humor and you wrote only under this thread so you can make a joke like that ;)

I'm not sure, I don't wanna argue mate, but if someone gets butthurt about a joke...isn't it more of just their problem? I liked that boyscout joke to be honest :D

I'm not sure, I don't wanna argue mate, but if someone gets butthurt about a joke...isn't it more of just their problem? I liked that boyscout joke to be honest
the requirement of a joke is always that someone get hurt or dumb and generally malicious joy / spitefulness. there is no argueing.

but also the "art" of being funny is, that you put the joke just there where you know it is funny and the "audience" getting the joke and laughing. you are not sitting together with your friends and some of them just lost there dog/pet and you start to making jokes where anymals getting hurt or something else.

also sure it is just "there problem" but i think everybody should have the decency and sure instinct if it right to bring other persons in a uncomfortable situation.

Hmm agree to disagree :)

As in the other appeal, spoken humour has vocal inflection and facial expressions that go with it and that can emphasise that it is a joke. Written humour has none of that which is why it is often taken as is.

Reactions: SoulsEater
Thank you for the unban. Hope I won't let you down again.

Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread