Dakota

glenwilson

NRU Heed
I enjoyed making the tank kit so have gone for an aircraft for the next one. This is quite a simple kit again but should look good when finished. Really tempted to get an airbrush rather than use spray cans for painting. Have had a few things that could also have used an airbrush on but never having used one didn’t know if it was worth the investment.

6DA56B9F-DF9D-4C29-ADC4-A4B2C7590161.jpeg

Reactions: lakaelo

RIZLOID

EL Gringo
NRU Member
Many many moons ago I bought this very cheap airbrush to paint body shells of RC model cars.
My own car then was a mk2 cortina so bought a litre of paint + laquer + thinners to touchup some bits on the car, ended up painting the whole car (except roof) with this tiny airbrush. One panel at at time at weekends, it took weeks but boy it looked good. The expensive part was the propellent cans but got round that too as you could plug it to a car wheel valve and use the air from that. No compressor just a 12v electric tyre pump and two spare wheels. I still have it somewhere in the shed now.
Here is a link to that air brush on ebay, different colour but the same brush.

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Mk2 Cortina - my dad had one. Remember going with him to his work and we went back to the Terminal 3 car park at Heathrow afterwards and were going through the tunnel when we realised that it was the wrong car! Same model and colour but wrong floor. Ford keys would open anything those days. :)

Thanks for that as I cannot find anywhere the sort of volume they can cover. I have had smaller things like the stool I repainted that would probably be OK. Certainly using thinned paints would be a lot cheaper than spray cans. Will definitely have a look at that. :D(y) There are cheap compressors about so that combination might be worth getting for the price of about three propellent cans.

Update:
After a quick search and YouTubeing that looks like an ideal brush to start with not just for models but also larger items. Can always get a fancier one later on. I will probably go for a compressor but need to research a bit more about those. Thanks again for that suggestion.

Last edited: