corona panic

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
quarantine? what quarantine? I haven't left home for weeks!?

Information message from the BBC (and no, not the one above).

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After our government decided to isolate southern part of the country where most of the corona cases are they published info materials about acceptable reasons to move in or move out of that isolated area. For example if its needed becouse of your job or for important family things. These info posters had traffic sign style pictures of man character wearing a tie and carrying a briefcase going to work and woman character wearing dress and being with her children. Then some over sensitive snowflakes who propably does not have any real problems started bitching about these "offensive" info posters so much our government had to change them gender-neutral. Seriously.... Its so mind relieving to see we have priorities in good order and our leaders focus to most vital things during this state of emergency... :facepalm: x 10000000000000000000000000

Symbols are meant to make it easy to understand and that can mean them not being politically correct in order to get the point across. They should have really thought about this before publishing them. How long will it be before a few cross-dressing dads complain? 😁

It is times like this when you want our governments and leaders (preferably those that don’t use a balloon to style their hair and insist they will continue to shake hands. 😬) to step up, and lead by example. Sadly I feel disappointed for some of us that isn’t happening.

I just cant understand how some people can be so offended by something like picture of traditional family. Thats amazing how some people even at state of emergency are so petty with these things. And how somebody being "more normal" is so offensive towards them? Isnt that fair enough people can be and do what ever they want nowadays? That whole world should censore all traditional things is madness. For example should i try enforce everybody else to do things like i have to do becouse of OCD and get angry against people who can leave their home normally without OCD checking rituals? No, i should not becouse that OCD thing is just my problem. Tolerance and political correctness of nowadays is propably most hypocrite thing ever, people who are "tolerant" are often actually most untolerant against others who have more traditional values.

I would rather take your prime minister with funny haircut than our government. They are just bunch of idealist barbies who are wobbling somewhere between utopias and psychosis. For example their climate goal is pretty much make our little contry do financial suicide for nothing, stop everything here where factories really try avoid destroying of enviroment and make all industry move to asian countries where they dont care rats ass about enviroment so we can say we dont pollute enviroment here... Then we take every year more and more national debt for increasing costs and lose our independence becouse of reliance to banks. And we all time invent different new taxes and fees and raise old ones every year so poor people are totally screwed and middle class becomes new poor people. And where all that money goes? Instead of making our country better we actually cut down our services like health care system and other important things. Then we dump these borrowed and taxed billions of euros every year to african war lords for gold plated AK-47 mastery camos, new jeeps and bigger mansions. :facepalm:

Maybe i should post this to that A word about donations -thread but lets write that advice here... If you guys some day struggle to get enough donations for server costs, i seriously suggest trying ask developing support from our left wing barbie government. Just say its for promoting of something weird shi.... ehh nonsense of nowadays or tinkering something useless for climate and you get what ever you have the nerve to ask. :D :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Staff shortages due to C-19 have delayed adjusting Stonehenge for British Summer Time.

View attachment 5913
After EU starts thinking that clock adjusting thing, then we propably have to adjust clock 4 times per year. Third time somebody EU leader decides hours with a dice and + or - hours with flip of coin. Fourth adjusting of the clock is that we revert that third adjusting. After that they go back thinking and defining something like how curved cucumbers sold in stores of EU area can be... :rolleyes:

All joking aside this shit is getting a bit serious now with young healthy people dying from it.
Popped out yesterday for cigarettes to the shop 3 mins away and only saw 2 people who looked at me as if I was a leper and I did the same.:rolleyes:
Disposable rubber gloves on, hand sanitizer at the ready, paid with the right amount so as not to get change back and spray sanitizer on gloves and on cig packet, dispose of gloves at door and in 😥
Prime minister catching the virus in a way its a good thing giving him an insight to the problem.
Stay safe out there 👌😷

Reactions: glenwilson
I don’t wish harm on Johnson though it might have been beneficial to us all if he didn’t just feel a bit poorly and actually needed more care as a result of his carelessness. It would show everyone is vulnerable.

At the bottom of our garden is an elderly couple. Today they had their kids and grandchildren there. Not just waving through the window but all together. I so wanted to say how effing stupid they are. Grandkids could infect grandparents and vive versa. Just stupid.

When we went shopping on Thursday (up here in Scotland) it was all very polite and respectful and there was plenty of stuff for everyone. Not saying there was everything available but most essential except flour. No flour anywhere. Down south it was like the zombie apocalypse with empty shelves and people just buying anything. In one shop an elderly gent (yes older than me) viewed the empty shelves where ketchup used to live and said “Greedy f**kers!” Are people really hoarding that much. Shops were overcrowded too - no control so people were far too close.

Remain vigilant and keep washing yer mitts.

385AE183 BC68 4503 9C2C 6D5D1CA06C61

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo
In desperate times… Will get my hand plane out later on and sharpen it. We have some woods near by. ☺️

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

• Haha
Reactions: RIZLOID
Well my mum received a notice that she shouldn’t go out for 12 weeks! She is in a vulnerable group. She used to go to painting classes twice a week plus a few pub quizzes and the theatre. Her friend was out almost every day doing quizzes, film class, and theatre about 4 times a week and the cinema every other day - she must be finding it really hard.

Shopping trip on Thursday will be exciting as we need to go to Edinburgh and stock up with things that will save us shopping for a couple of weeks apart from a fresh veg top-up. If you don’t hear from me we will have been arrested! 😷

• Haha
If you don’t hear from me we will have been arrested! 😷
If that happens try sleep as much as you can, it makes time go faster. But that can sometimes be difficult becouse somebody aggressive guy in next cell yells and bangs door hours in row. Guards are nicer towards well behaving calm inmates, you can get your cigarettes or old magazines of their break room to read if you ask. If you make them angry they can get little careless with things and "accidentally" shut down heating of your cell or quality of your food can have some "variation"... If there is not too chilly you can use your socks to make a ball, throw and catch that when it bounces back from wall while you lay on your bed. One my friend told these advice to me... ;) :D

If that happens try sleep as much as you can, it makes time go faster. But that can sometimes be difficult becouse somebody aggressive guy in next cell yells and bangs door hours in row. Guards are nicer towards well behaving calm inmates, you can get your cigarettes or old magazines of their break room to read if you ask. If you make them angry they can get little careless with things and "accidentally" shut down heating of your cell or quality of your food can have some "variation"... If there is not too chilly you can use your socks to make a ball, throw and catch that when it bounces back from wall while you lay on your bed. One my friend told these advice to me... ;) :D

Hopefully that won’t be useful but thanks. 😬

Genuinely excited about going out shopping today. Unfortunately the model shop doesn’t appear to be essential. 😑 Glue supplies are getting low! How long before making flint tools and whittling wood are our main hobbies and skills?

Changed the WiFi SSID this morning…

74E8C41F E073 4D4E BC0A 7F090A44B229

• Haha

Users who are viewing this thread