Computer troubles

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
dcyper

dcyper

NRU Member
12 Dec 2020
Hi all,

I m having troubles with bf4 since three days now and i cant figure it out.

The evening before all was going well, and the day after it was gone.

Bf4 loads, i can join a game, play for a few minutes and then it s freezing, lagging, stuttering ( is this an english word?)

I cleansed my desktop (because a fan was working hard😥), reinstalled origin, reinstalled bf4, ... updated nvidia, checked for unwanted software, used ccleaner, checked for corrupt win files,... ran both origin and bf4 as admin... disabled an option of ingame overlay in origin...

Did a memory and cpu stress test. Checked max temps on my cpu, gpu, system,... checked my disks...

Tomorrow
  • I ll try to disable nvidia audio... (found this one on internet)
  • is punkbuster still needed ( i saw a thread about this)?
  • search a bit further on possible causes

Any suggestions? Anyone who uses a free driver updater?

Otherwise i think my system is running smoothly. I dont think it s hardware related.

And yess, i ve got a recent update, but that happened after the problems occured.

Try disabling fullscreen optimization for both Origin and BF4.exe. (right click on the exe files, go to... compatability? and then check the box "disable fullscreen optimization")

Hi,
Updated pb this morning, and i was able to play a round.
Will look at fullscreen opt later on.
Now i have some chores to do...
Tax declaration for example... brrr... ☹
Thanx for your advises

Reactions: lakaelo
Do you know what map(s) it was as some of the later community ones can be a little bit flaky. Sometimes I have playeed and not had any issues and other times I just give up.

Stuttering is a word.🙂 There should be new words for some of the EA/Dice bugs though.

Not sure anymore of the maps...

Do we keep logs of played maps since wednesday last?
I know when i ve tried to play... i could cross reference.

If you have onboard card try swith to it, gpu can show good temp and frequency but still be dead

Reactions: dcyper

Users who are viewing this thread