Colorado & New Mexico

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Only been around Denver so far. Here are some pics from the plane (Chicago airport and above Colorado) and from the top of Mount Evans.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    548.1 KB · Views: 15
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    890.5 KB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thanks, off to Mesa Verde today. 370 mile drive in our Jeep Compass hire "car". Also known as a cheap and nasty pile of shite, did someone leave the design to the junior who couldn't be bothered and the result is ugly. Not seen another on the road and I doubt they would sell many. The plastic used for bottles is better quality than this thing is made of. Not going to photograph it as I'm scared it would frighten people too much.

Jeep Compass - Car and Driver

Last edited:
Outstanding scenery, Glen, thanks a lot! :)

naa, i really like the jeeps but the compas is just a ugly car.

Not just ugly! For a biggish car it is quite cramped to sit in and has little boot space. The seat forward/back adjust digs into your legs and when the seat is fully back the runner gouges the back of your leg! The seats are plastic, not cloth! We did 420 miles (about 600+km) and used 18 gallons! 23mpg. Doesn't even have a trip meter or outside temperature. Going around a corner is, interesting.

Not just ugly! For a biggish car it is quite cramped to sit in and has little boot space. The seat forward/back adjust digs into your legs and when the seat is fully back the runner gouges the back of your leg! The seats are plastic, not cloth! We did 420 miles (about 600+km) and used 18 gallons! 23mpg. Doesn't even have a trip meter or outside temperature. Going around a corner is, interesting.

lol i know only that "design" but your insperience sounds equal to the design. lmao since jeep is selled to FIAT i don´t like the design anymore. i like the Jeep Grand Cherokee but at the point i saw the Jeep Cherokee first time i realised its same crappy upgly design as the compass.

Jeep® Deutschland | Konfigurator ( is it only me or is the configurator not working ? )

the only, in my eyes, good looking cars are the grand cherokee and the wrangler. the rest is more or less equal ugly and if you disassemble the front grill, same looking as every asian or european SUV.

I didn't want to spoil today by taking a photo but will do a couple later in the week. We had a Grand Cherokee a couple of years back and that was OK. Before that we had a Patriot (close cousin to the Compass and that was awful too. A four wheel drive that got stuck in sand! The Compass really is cheap and nasty. We did see another one and it was a rental car! It is meant to be in the same class as a Kuga (Escape over here) and it isn't. The Kuga we had was a base model yet still well equipped.

Visited Mesa Verde today and whilst we didn't go into any of the dwellings it was an amazing place.
--- Post updated ---
Today was Canyon of the Ancients - not much to photograph as a lot of the sites required a 10k walk! But saw a few (flying) birds and nice scenery. Remembered when we were at Mesa Verde looking at the dwellings, one couple walked up to the viewing point, he Nice", and then walked off with the wife said "should I have brought the camera" and then also walked off! You travel too the area and you spend literally 10 seconds there and go!

Couple of pictures of the car below. Be interesting to do a Dan test to see how many folk have gashed their legs on the plastic seat runner. Here at Cortez the Main Street is concrete slabs about 3m across. In the jeep you feel like riding a horse as the joins cause it to jog up at each one.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    883.4 KB · Views: 6
one couple walked up to the viewing point, he Nice", and then walked off with the wife said "should I have brought the camera" and then also walked off! You travel too the area and you spend literally 10 seconds there and go!

i think that folk you can find everywhere. they can tell they where "...at so many locations" and if you ask what they saw there..."oh, its so nice and amazing there" lol but they have no clue what they really saw there and can´t remember.

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER
That picture was at Mesa Verde where the dwellings were built into the rocks. Some of them you need to climb 10m ladders and squeeze through holes to enter. Climbing and squeezing ruled me getting anywhere near them. :)

More info here: Mesa Verde National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

We are now in New Mexico near a place called Taos. Getting here was fun. Some roads not little back roads either) are unpaved (imagine a dried up river bed) and the Jeepshite really showed it isn't really an off-road ear. Also going around bends at 45mph was terrifying! Best of all, the house we have rented is up a sloping gravel driveway. It wouldn't go up it!!!! Eventually got up by flooring it.
--- Post updated ---
My current view.
--- Post updated ---
Humming bird just by the window.
--- Post updated ---
Having some lazy days (enhanced by beer). Tried some root beer - still tastes vile ( to me). So some more bird pics!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    610.4 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 3
weather has been great 25° to 35°C. Got a little windy last night but otherwise fine. Got woken up by wolves howling in the forest just behind the house last night. A real WTFIT moment.

Users who are viewing this thread