Cloased Alpha Comments

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Not had a chance to play too much but here are some first thoughts.

The map was Narvik and first impressions was that it was interesting blend of terrain. Some vehicles, tanks and planes but wasn't imbalanced in favour of any one type. Conquest was good and felt closer to BF4 than BF1 though it obviously uses the BF1 engine. Gameplay isn't as frantic as BF4 can be and felt a decent evolution from BF1. Operations seems to be a bit of a faff in this Alpha. Not a huge choice of weapons in this but I got some kills which I was amazed at. At this point I would say a purchase is a maybe. not having premium is a big difference and does equalise things out. Didn't notice many bugs. Was getting about 50fps on my PC which is about 5 years old so a newer PC should be fine.

Battlefield V Closed Alpha Screenshot 20180814   17391406

I take it you spawn into planes? Rather than taking off in them like the old games?

Yes, there are a few DC3s flying and you pick one and then you can jump when you want (or not if the plane gets shot down first).

With the BF1 beta it seemed OK but the final game felt a bit different and possibly with consoles in mind rather than PCs. When you set up the mouse in V there is a big picture of a controller and that possibly adds to that thought. For the most part so far it has a BF3/4 feel to it but with a twist of BF2. It feels as though you move slower but in a natural sort of way. Some of the ways I got killed feel like BF1 though. Judging by the map I played it seems to be quite polished and more an early beta than a true alpha.

Thanks, useful info.

Btw, who gets invites? ”VIPs” and random selection? Asking for a friend...:rolleyes:

Thanks, useful info.

Btw, who gets invites? ”VIPs” and random selection? Asking for a friend...:rolleyes:

I’m guessing it is random as I’ve not got many hours on BF1 but an embarrassing amount on BF3 and BF4. Seen a few names that are familiar.

If anyone gets a chance for trying it before it comes out it may be worth it. I quite liked BF1 in beta but the full game still hasn’t captured me. Did wonder if it is because the maps are quite narrow compared to many in BF4 and that gives you little chance to capture flags other than the one in front of you. Only Locker and Metro in BF4 are really narrow, most of the others are cover a bigger area.

Reactions: General_Misery
After playing a few more rounds it is starting to feel more like a BF1 clone. Maybe those playing the alpha are also alpha testing cheats as I’m getting killed by players you only see after you are dead. Often the shots seem to be through solid objects or at least where line of sight is dodgy. Many cross map snipers like BF1 too.

I accept I have only played just over 100 hours of BF1 and it can take time to get and get used to weapons but I suspect the gameplay similarities between 1 and V will make them feel the same. I feel there is still too much time faffing between being killed and spawning. I want to play the game not wasting time having the UI zoom and swoop about.

Reactions: General_Misery

Users who are viewing this thread