clan finance

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
its time to talk about our monthly payment situation. how you can see at the mainpage normaly we hit our monthly fee. this month it was a bit close but we got it again.

well, we heeds had some talking about the monthly cost and how we can reduce it. at the moment we need around 130.- GBP to run "this clan". so we also talked to our hoster if and how we can save some money but there is not really a point how we can realise that. the only point would be to resell our dedi server and going back to rent all this stuff again.
lack of clarity is how the monthly cost will be after we sell it. Our hoster ( gamingdeluxe ) would bought it back for 400-450.- GBP in that way we will get deducted that from what we will pay them for rent. after that periode we will have again our monthly costs and its hard to say how much it will be.

beside that we have different additional costs we save because we have our own dedi and so we don´t have to pay for that service.

1. website ( extra costs without dedi )
2. bf2 no fly server ( extra costs without dedi )
3. bf2 IO server ( extra costs without dedi or close down )
4. bf2 bots
5. bf3 server ( only one server and extra costs without dedi if we will still run it )
6. bf4 server
7. procon layer ( 2x ) ( extra costs without dedi but reduced to 1 if we close down bf3 )
8. TS server ( extra costs without dedi )

if we sell our dedi server this would also mean to close down the bf3 server because we would have to rent that. same situation with the bf2 IO server. both had to be closed down to realise a significant cost reductuion.

this would be the new setup and the approximate monthly costs:

1. website ( 5.- )
2. bf2 server nofly 64 slots ( 50.- )
3. bf2 bots ( 8.- )
4. bf4 server 32 slots ( 30.- )
5. 1 procon layer,we save one during shut down bf3 ( 5.- )
6. 25 slots TS server ( 5.- )
sum total: around 103.- GBP

how you can see we can going down from 130.- to 100.- a month but, and that is in my eyes the biggest question, is that the right way? biggest problem is that our dedi hoster gamingdeluxe is not one of the bf4 hoster. so we have to pay that 30.- extra each month and can´t host it on our dedi. the other way would be to move our dedi to a bf4 hoster but we ask that too and that hoster don´t host 1Unit dedi´s.

however, what do you think about that situation and i ask our clan members and also our regulars and supporters. thats why this topic is starting in the open area.
not at last i see the bf2 nofly if full running with 64 slots and we are not really a small clan and i think it sould be possible to handle the cost´s we have at the moment and manage that in the future. this means we need 15 donations to 10.- GBP or 25 donation to 5.- GBP each month so get our target. but means also that this had to stand on more shoulders. if you look at the monthly donation you can find nearly the same names each month and i think that should not be.
how you can see in this little calculation the "clan", what means all servers, TS or not at last the homepage are not a selfrunner and i think no one should see that as a self-evidence that there is you favorite server who you can play each evening and i think it should be possible for everyone to pay 5.- or 10.- GBP each or only each second month because i think a fiver can everyone pay to help this clan running, or not? so please let us know you opinion.

Is that the GD figure? Cos if we sold the dedi I would push for leaving GD with the website... just to throw that out there :p

and I'm on my phone here but isn't that about the same we pay monthly now though? £81 for the dedi plus whatever for BF4 server?

Whilst I don't play on the BF2 server nor the BF3 (at the moment) it does look like a short term gain to get rid of that server. I have a monthly Paypal subscription to NRU which I feel is great value even though I like many of us also play on other servers. If you look at the popular multiplayer games they require either a subscription to play (with the game being free) or you pay for the game and still have to pay a monthly subscription. The suggested donation of £5 is the equivalent of about 1.5 Starbucks coffees a month and would give me more fun than the coffee...

Is that the GD figure? Cos if we sold the dedi I would push for leaving GD with the website... just to throw that out there :p

and I'm on my phone here but isn't that about the same we pay monthly now though? £81 for the dedi plus whatever for BF4 server?

stop working now sam. :D

that "new" costs are only average values i got from other companies not from GD. we pay now 81.- monthly for our dedi colocating. including running the licences of the games, gamepanel and so on. how i said before it will not be such a big difference into that cost. but we also lost bf3, bf2 IO and our potentiality intothe future with the dedi. i thing selling the dedi would be a step backwards for the clan.

thats why i mean we have to publish this so everyone will be aware that the monthly costs this clan needs don´t running from alone.

The suggested donation of £5 is the equivalent of about 1.5 Starbucks coffees a month and would give me more fun than the coffee...

thats what i mean and i think the same way. if everyone would doing it that way mac will be a lot relaxed before the payment schedule. lol

Whilst I don't play on the BF2 server nor the BF3 (at the moment) it does look like a short term gain to get rid of that server. I have a monthly Paypal subscription to NRU which I feel is great value even though I like many of us also play on other servers. If you look at the popular multiplayer games they require either a subscription to play (with the game being free) or you pay for the game and still have to pay a monthly subscription. The suggested donation of £5 is the equivalent of about 1.5 Starbucks coffees a month and would give me more fun than the coffee...

as glenwilson says exept that monthly paypal subscription I dont have. I´m in for that £5 no problem, but I think it´s time for more menbers to man up and share the cost and not only the fun on our server/s :)

So a sort of voluntary subscription model? Is there maybe some extra benefits we could offer for people who take it up? An incentive if you will :p

So a sort of voluntary subscription model? Is there maybe some extra benefits we could offer for people who take it up? An incentive if you will :p

its only a offer from paypal you get. there is an option like "will you pay this monthly" or something else. would be sharing your nude pics a kind of incentive??

what do you mean by this and which hoster(s) have you asked?

this is what we run today:

Colocation Services - 1u Server Colocation with 0.5 amps & 5mbs

is ask gameservers.com ( our bf4 hoster ), i3d and someone else. they answered that they don´t host single servers. so we can´t move with our single server to one of them to realise run bf4, bf3 and bf2 on our own dedi.

Is there maybe some extra benefits we could offer for people who take it up? An incentive if you will :p

Im thinking monthly nude snaps of Lee engaged in acts of Cadburys creme egg related role playing

I'll send some cash this month- remind me,is it preferable to mail a cheque to Mac to avoid the paypal fee?

PM me your address Mac again and I'll sort it x

its only a offer from paypal you get. there is an option like "will you pay this monthly" or something else. would be sharing your nude pics a kind of incentive??
I didn't know pictures of a young man would be such an incentive.....

We always have hit our monthly target in the last 5 years and we will hit in in future :)

Thank you for providing us with this detailed insight into the clan’s financial matters.

Talking about money is not always easy but choosing polite silence would have been the wrong way, for the cost of not doing so could be a high price to pay.
I proceed on the assumption that now - as the topic is on our agenda - more members will donate on a regular basis in order to prevent any NRU server from being closed down.

We are playing a £60 game on PCs that are going to be capable of running it which are not going to be cheap. You don't buy a car without budgeting for fuel so supporting the running of the server with some £, € or $ or ¢ or even ¥ makes sense to "include" in the price of the game. In addition to the actual server costs you are also getting the time that the heeds put into the running of NRU and the servers as they don't get restarted on their own!

I proceed on the assumption that now - as the topic is on our agenda - more members will donate on a regular basis in order to prevent any NRU server from being closed down.
that is one of the points why i start this topic. everyone should realise that being part of a clan and in that also use some of the amenities, it also means that you also participate at other responsibilities. This means not only admin the server but one of that responsibilities is also paying the bills. lol

naturally there are not all clan members from our roster active/playing every day and a few really can´t cope a donation but with a look into the clan roster i can see around 50 NRU members which are playing regular on one of our servers. it would be nice to see this names also into the donation list from time to time.

not been on for a month or so but im willing to donate £24 "thats £1 ph for a full day" if the usual ban and kick happy nobbers "that now includes spunky" can go a full day without a ban "unless its shooting from a jet"

now this might mean a player might hop once to get away from a tank,or you might be called realy bad names like FATTY OR CRAP ADMIN and i know you struggle with that lmfao,but if you want my dosh thems is the rules.I will take lakaelos word for it that theres been no bans for crap reasons like "he called me a bad name" he hopped twice" " he went commander can i kick him as i want to be commander" the last one is still one of my favs lol

would be brilliant to watch the banners on web cam sweating lmao lmao lmao

Thank you lakaelo again for sharing that transparency with us!
IMHO, as much as I like it and think it is a fun thing, the BF2 IO server is mostly empty and the plants on great wall need gardening or it soon looks like karkand :p just kidding, my point is closing that one down would affect the least of us and would already save some bucks...

also, what just came to my mind is to post in game messages adressing our regulars like kumar, ghost, vikram and all those guys to consider a one time donation as thats their favourite server and they might put some bucks in the pot. I don't consider that begging but rather counting on their support!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread