Christmas Food

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
I'm guessing that not every country has the same Christmas meal traditions that we in the UK have. Generally here it will be turkey, stuffing, chipolatas, veg (including sprouts) and gravy. With Isobel being a veggie having a massive turkey doesn't make any sense and whilst I don't mind it I normally have a small pork joint.

I never used to like veg but since getting a steamer I enjoy them. Even sprouts! Just seem to have more flavour than the old boiled to pulp ones we used get.

One of the things I do like is sausage rolls. Especially home made sausage rolls. Isobel made those in the picture below. True they don't look manufactured but they do taste great. She has also made some veggie ones too and they are very good.

Mince pies are home made too (currently in the oven) so no picture yet.

One food I really do hate is prunes. When at school we used to get them with custard and I hated them. However, the teachers were so nice I was forced to eat them! Often wonder if I could sue them for cruelty! Since then I can puke at the sight of a prune (literally)! When we were in Wales a few weeks back the breakfast had forest fruit compote and guess what it had in it? Had to run to the loo to throw up! Waitress was impressed.

Reactions: nao07 and AndyS40
Flakey pastry. Layered but doesn't rise as much as puff. Isobel said she was going to freeze some but there may not be enough left to do that! Santa may have had a few (4 possibly). :whistle:

Too many more and I, sorry, Santa may be... :vomit:

lmao yes, know that feeling. once i had bought 3 of them, they are big and around 15cm i guess, 1 for me and each one for sandra dn nico. this customer is around 1,5 hours away from me so on the way back home all three where gone into my belly and honestly it feels like i had a alien in there who was going from hyperactive into a concrete lump. lol
my advantage was that they never known about i had one for them too :whistle: :D

Lol! Had one through the night too. Found some in a bread shop in Ascheberg when we were there and they were of the "eat me NOW!" variety. So I did. I did get that look from Isobel.

Got some books for Christmas. Seems to be a theme! Mrs W also got me four bottles of gin and 17 bottles of beer! She says I'm hard to get presents for!

Reactions: lakaelo
I'm guessing that not every country has the same Christmas meal traditions that we in the UK have. Generally here it will be turkey, stuffing, chipolatas, veg (including sprouts) and gravy. With Isobel being a veggie having a massive turkey doesn't make any sense and whilst I don't mind it I normally have a small pork joint.

I never used to like veg but since getting a steamer I enjoy them. Even sprouts! Just seem to have more flavour than the old boiled to pulp ones we used get.

One of the things I do like is sausage rolls. Especially home made sausage rolls. Isobel made those in the picture below. True they don't look manufactured but they do taste great. She has also made some veggie ones too and they are very good.

Mince pies are home made too (currently in the oven) so no picture yet.

View attachment 3175

One food I really do hate is prunes. When at school we used to get them with custard and I hated them. However, the teachers were so nice I was forced to eat them! Often wonder if I could sue them for cruelty! Since then I can puke at the sight of a prune (literally)! When we were in Wales a few weeks back the breakfast had forest fruit compote and guess what it had in it? Had to run to the loo to throw up! Waitress was impressed.
your quite right glen in Denmark for instance we eat something called risalamande and we have duck or goose for Christmas along with a lemon sherbet and a Christmas soup :-3

When I first read that I had this thought of duck/goose with lemon sherbet on it in a soup bowl with soup that tastes like Christmas pudding and mince pies! Not that that would be weird!

Like the sound of all of those things. Not a great fan of almonds so would probably leave them out of the risalamande!

Reactions: FortunaMagica

Users who are viewing this thread